PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Program?

Guy
09-15-2004, 09:57
Mi Amigos have this tire/rim shop, that's growing at a rate they can't handle.

The majority of the paper-work is done by hand, which has prospective clients backed up into the street, thus they are losing business.

Does anyone have an idea, on a good program?

Kyobanim
09-15-2004, 10:26
What are they trying to track, what do they expect out of an invnetory system? Those 2 things have a lot to do with the proper inventory app. Maybe something like this: Invoice,order and statement creation with Email options.
Vendor and customer tracking
Inventory control
Accounting
Shipping/Receiving
Bar code labels wizard
Point of Sale options
http://www.executivpro.com/

Just an example

Guy
09-15-2004, 13:01
Mostly inventory control. You know how stubborn those Vietnam Vets can be, when it comes to technology. :D Especially those supply CWO. :eek:

Kyobanim
09-15-2004, 13:29
I'd recommend a business IT consultant. It will cost them but it's really the best choice.

You can find lots of ready made solutions that will do most of the work but never one that does all that you want. That's why you need the consultant. Let them research the business needs and match them to a product.

My 2 centavos

flyboy1
09-15-2004, 13:50
Guy,
I can help them out. I was in corporate and retail IT sales/consulting for about 10 years. For a business like that (small growing retail establishment) you cannot go wrong with Quickbooks' line of products.

Go here and look at the Premier Retail Edition:
Intuit (http://quickbooks.intuit.com/commerce/compare/compare_result.jhtml?selectedProds=prod30000%2Cpro d30001%2Cprod30018%2Cprod0000000000005952910%2Cpro d0000000000005952911&priorityCode=11652&editSelection=defaultSelection&_requestid=37444)

Intuits' line of products have a very quick learning curve and are very easily upgraded if and when necessary. They also have a great support line.

If they have any questions, feel free to pass on my E-Mail....be happy to help them.

Mike

Guy
09-15-2004, 14:32
I'd recommend a business IT consultant. It will cost them but it's really the best choice.

You can find lots of ready made solutions that will do most of the work but never one that does all that you want. That's why you need the consultant. Let them research the business needs and match them to a product.

My 2 centavos

Mexicans do not trust "outsiders"! My wife did legal work for them...that's the only reason they ask me for help.

I've only dealt with the Latino population in the construction field in NC. In CA it different.

flyboy:
I'll pass on the info...thanks.

Pandora
09-15-2004, 21:50
Note also that for this type of business, the solution should ensure that the inventory/logisitics module handles serialized items (tires), multi-bin locations and spits out warranty information. In keeping with Kyobanim's suggestion for bar-coding, they may want to ensure the product is also EDI capable.

Additionally, check out the CRM aspects of the application. If your friends wish to increase business further, get a solution that will also trigger mailed reminders to customers for service reminders, appointments, even recalls.

cheat sheet attached for your friends. Might be a bit over blown for their needs, but it will help them define their needs before they invest a dime.