PDA

View Full Version : Shooter's Cup 10/8/11, SFA 78 Event

Roguish Lawyer
10-02-2011, 10:12
http://sfa78cup.com/

Anyone planning to attend? Let me know and we can say hello.

Roguish Lawyer
10-03-2011, 12:00
http://sfa78cup.com/

Anyone planning to attend? Let me know and we can say hello.

No one? Seriously? :confused:

Team Sergeant
10-03-2011, 12:38
Most of the "active duty" SF'ers are a little busy right now.

I spent all my years on active duty without getting involved in a shooting competition.

This will be a great event I'm sure, even more so for the non-SF types and non-active duty.

"Events will test the team’s accuracy, speed, physical stamina and target selection"

I'd shoot against anyone in the world, 'cept that "physical stamina" thing, that's for the young guns.;)

We could put together a FAG or FOG team, you want to sponsor it? :munchin

head
10-03-2011, 14:42
NM.

Roguish Lawyer
10-03-2011, 19:37
We could put together a FAG or FOG team, you want to sponsor it? :munchin

I have no interest in a FAG team, thank you. An FOG team, that I would consider. :munchin

mark46th
10-03-2011, 22:16
I will be in Nevada hunting chukar...

Team Sergeant
10-04-2011, 09:34
I have no interest in a FAG team, thank you. An FOG team, that I would consider. :munchin

FAG, "Former Action Guys"....... What were you thinking?:munchin

Roguish Lawyer
10-04-2011, 09:59
FAG, "Former Action Guys"....... What were you thinking?:munchin

I was thinking about these guys, glad you were not. ;)

Team Sergeant
10-04-2011, 10:02

I'm not even going to ask where you found that picture......:rolleyes:

Dusty
10-04-2011, 10:48

Vomit tastes worse in the morning. Thanks.

Team Sergeant
10-04-2011, 10:51
Vomit tastes worse in the morning. Thanks.

I know where he lives......

The Reaper
10-04-2011, 16:41

Is it Halloween in LA already, counselor?

TR

head
10-04-2011, 17:11
n/m...

Roguish Lawyer
10-05-2011, 16:28
Hey, any reason why I shouldn't bring one of my kids to watch this thing?

Team Sergeant
10-06-2011, 10:25
Hey, any reason why I shouldn't bring one of my kids to watch this thing?

Not at all. Bring sunscreen, hats, eye protection and ear plugs too.

Roguish Lawyer
10-06-2011, 11:20
Not at all. Bring sunscreen, hats, eye protection and ear plugs too.

Also going to bring a .45. :)

Roguish Lawyer
10-08-2011, 18:47
Unbelievable event put on by SFA Chapter 78. They had to turn a bunch of teams away. There were five events. One of five LAPD teams won, and the top shooter was an LAPD guy. I have it all written down and can post if anyone wants to know. The two SF teams did not fare well, both in the bottom half.

I invited lots of people to the site. Hopefully some will come.

OK, I am sponsoring an FOG team for next year. You just need to show up, I'll pay the fee. There was nothing so stressful that you guys couldn't do it, just a little running here and there.

Would anyone like to see some photos?

mojaveman
10-08-2011, 19:18
Corona? That's just down the road. I should have called in sick today and come. I'll have to buy an HK and come on down next year. What was the standard choice of firearm used?

Roguish Lawyer
10-09-2011, 11:03
There are specific rules about guns being used, basically it has to be your everyday duty weapon.

JJ_BPK
10-09-2011, 11:06

Love to see the pictures..:lifter

Dusty
10-09-2011, 11:17
Unbelievable event put on by SFA Chapter 78. They had to turn a bunch of teams away. There were five events. One of five LAPD teams won, and the top shooter was an LAPD guy. I have it all written down and can post if anyone wants to know. The two SF teams did not fare well, both in the bottom half.

I invited lots of people to the site. Hopefully some will come.

OK, I am sponsoring an FOG team for next year. You just need to show up, I'll pay the fee. There was nothing so stressful that you guys couldn't do it, just a little running here and there.

Great pics! I may be interested in shooting next year, if I can make the minimum weight. :D

Roguish Lawyer
10-09-2011, 11:41
OK, a couple of intro photos, event flags and the Shooter's Cup (which I believe will be passed around year-to-year by the winning teams). Next two photos are of a stress shooting event where there is some running before you load mags and shoot clay pigeon targets. There were five events, I have photos of all except the straight bullseye shoot event. Score was based on time, with time penalties for missed targets etc.

Roguish Lawyer
10-09-2011, 11:48
First two photos are from a shoot-and-move event where most shots had to be made while moving in a box pattern, and the rest had to be through cover (hole in the cardboard).

Second two are from weak-hand event. Strong hand immobilized in a PVC pipe. Loading and firing has to be done with weak hand only.

Roguish Lawyer
10-09-2011, 11:57
The rest of the photos are from the POW Escape Simulation event, which was fun.

Team of 5. Four in the pen. One has simulated immobility (legs tied together). One guy is working with a shovel. He takes out the guard by smacking his head (simulated by watermelon) with the shovel. Gets the keys, gets the guys out of the pen. One guy has to get ammo out of locker with the guard's keys. Then they go to first shooting location, carrying the immobilized teammate.

When shooting the targets, one teammate is immobilized and has to shoot from the ground, and two have to shoot and load mags with weak hand only. After they run out of ammo (which is not enough to take out all the targets), they have to carry a weighted dummy around, get more ammo, come back and shoot more targets (same restrictions), then there is a 60-yard rifle shot at an exploding target, then they escape by helo, which is simulated by a truck bed they have to climb into.

JJ_BPK
10-10-2011, 03:04
Super pic's.

Is there a FOG "class", ie: "must be xx YO" or is your future team just old QP goat eaters??

:lifter

Roguish Lawyer
10-10-2011, 08:33
Super pic's.

Is there a FOG "class", ie: "must be xx YO" or is your future team just old QP goat eaters??

:lifter

I need 5 QPs, if there are more than 5 volunteers, TS will pick the team from the volunteers. Good shooters will have an edge. ;)

mark46th
10-10-2011, 13:45
Is there a long range, sit on your ass, shootem at 1000 yard event?
Corona ? Raahauge's or El Prado?

Roguish Lawyer
10-10-2011, 14:47
Is there a long range, sit on your ass, shootem at 1000 yard event?
Corona ? Raahauge's or El Prado?

This was at Raahauge's where the longest range is 100 yards. All pistol events except the 60-yard rifle shot in the POW event.

Do you know of a good 1000-yard range in SoCal? I need one.

PSM
10-10-2011, 14:59
Do you know of a good 1000-yard range in SoCal? I need one.

Plenty of BLM land for a DIY range. ;)

Pat

mark46th
10-10-2011, 15:25
There is a 1000yd range down in inland San Diego County but it is private. A friend is a member, I am looking into it... The Angeles Forest rifle range between Pasadena and Sylmar goes out to 600 yards...