PDA

View Full Version : Fort Bragg team wins sniper contest

BMT (RIP)
10-02-2011, 04:30
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/10/02/1761131/fort-bragg-team-wins-sniper-contest.html

BMT

wet dog
10-02-2011, 04:57
Congratulations to all!!!

Master Sgt. Kevin Owens and Sgt. 1st Class Terry Gower of B Company, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group won the competiton that started Tuesday and ended Friday.

A team from Fort Bragg placed third and fifth, taking three of the top five spots in the overall competition.

The event gave some of the best shooters in the world a chance to test sniper skills and marksmanship, detecting targets, land navigation and physical fitness.

The competition included teams from the Army, Army National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve, U.S. Air Force, Pentagon Police, the San Diego Police Department and countries of Canada, Germany and Ireland.

Rounding out the top five teams are:

Second place -- Cpl. Michael Craven and Cpl. Lloyd Kenny of the Irish Defense Forces.

Third place -- Sgt. 1st Class Tony Amerman and Sgt. 1st Class Andy Roy, B of Company, 2nd Battalion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group at Fort Bragg.

Fourth place -- Staff Sgt. Jonathan Geib and Sgt. Jesse Wargolet, of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 158th Infantry Regiment, 29th Brigade Combat Team at the Arizona National Guard.

Fifth place -- Sgt. 1st Class Gabe Kessay and Sgt. 1st Class Chance Giannelli of D Company, 2nd Battalion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group at Fort Bragg.

longrange1947
10-02-2011, 08:01
The fifth place team was in second, they went for the 800 meter target to get 1st and the judges said miss, even though a hit could be heard and a vendor on glass called hit. Oh well, such is competition. :D

Kevin was our NCOIC until a couple of monthes ago. This was to make up for his second place showing last year. ;)

Good jobs gentlemen!

Dragbag036
10-02-2011, 08:03
Way to go...I see the tradition continues.

PRB
10-02-2011, 09:12
Excellent job guys, nice to see some foreign comp in there too

mojaveman
10-02-2011, 10:07
Would liked to have seen it. Anyone know how the rest of the teams placed?

SF_BHT
10-02-2011, 12:15
Great job Guys.........

Doc Diego
10-02-2011, 12:22
Another year, another Great Job Guys!

GrumpyMedic
10-02-2011, 18:46
Terry Gower was the JR. B on my last team. He's one of those rare guys who can do it all and do it well. Thing that impresses me the most about him is he's a young SF guy who never complains, about anything. When I look around group and think of the men who made SF what it is, I'm usually embarassed by how much we bitch about inconsequential shit. Guys like Terry give me hope for the future.
By the by, he and another guy took second in the USASOC competition last year.

Roguish Lawyer
10-02-2011, 19:20
Outstanding work, congrats!