PDA

View Full Version : Swore in today

DevilSide
09-27-2011, 18:36
Today I swore in as an 11X in the United States Army, currently the proudest moment of my life. Scariest part was the hearing test, barely got by for some reason in the left ear but I made it. I don't know if I can post my ship date or not but I have plenty of time to get ready. I want to thank SkiBumCFO for helping educate me in some of the other MOS's, Wet Dog for also assisting me in my decision and educating me, and the forum for encouraging me to self-educate more to take part in the various discussions and my Dad for making me a man in a world of boys. Also, MEPS was sort of a fun experience :munchin

Gypsy
09-27-2011, 18:43
Congrats, thanks for stepping up.

PRB
09-27-2011, 18:56
Son, wish we could change places...luck to you

wet dog
09-27-2011, 18:58
Kind words, thank you, and most importantly, thank you for your commitment to this great nation.

That little blue cord will feel good when earned.

Now go do PT.:lifter:p:cool:

craigepo
09-27-2011, 19:29
Thank you. There is nothing more honorable than bearing your breast to enemy bullets to protect this country's liberty.

You now stand in the place of the men at Valley Forge.

Complete your mission. Don't disgrace your country or yourself.

Richard
09-27-2011, 19:39
Thanks and good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSmtgRuRPHs&feature=player_embedded

Makes me wish I was 19 and starting all over again.

Richard :munchin

wet dog
09-27-2011, 20:08
Thanks and good luck!

Richard, you're just feeling melancholy. Both you and the good CSM are wishing to be kids again, soon Big Teddy will chime in with a tear in his voice. Ok., to be honest, I'm wishing I was being shipped out again too.

Traweek
09-27-2011, 20:15
Today I swore in as an 11X in the United States Army, currently the proudest moment of my life. Scariest part was the hearing test, barely got by for some reason in the left ear but I made it. I don't know if I can post my ship date or not but I have plenty of time to get ready. I want to thank SkiBumCFO for helping educate me in some of the other MOS's, Wet Dog for also assisting me in my decision and educating me, and the forum for encouraging me to self-educate more to take part in the various discussions and my Dad for making me a man in a world of boys. Also, MEPS was sort of a fun experience :munchin

I have almost 10 years of total service. Yes some parts of me wish I could go back and start over and do what I do now from the beginning, but I wouldn't change the experiences, friends, and brothers that I have had/made for anything in the world. Thank you for what you have decided to do..

1stindoor
09-28-2011, 04:51
Good luck to you. I hope your experiences and time in uniform is all that you want it to be.

SF_BHT
09-28-2011, 05:16
Good Luck!!!!!!

Utah Bob
09-28-2011, 06:25
Thanks and good luck!

I wish I was 19 and knew what I know now. :D

Pete
09-28-2011, 06:37

I just wish I was 19 again.

Since at the time I thought I knew everything anyway - I could put up with all the stupid shit I did in the following years again.

mojaveman
09-28-2011, 08:19

So true. Wish I could go back to day 1 of basic training and start all over again knowing what I do now. It would sure go a lot smoother.

Congradulations DevilSide.

mark46th
09-28-2011, 08:42
Congratulations and good luck. I remember when I was 19, I was made out of steel and rubber. Now it is more like tooth picks and glass...

DevilSide
09-28-2011, 13:44
Thanks everyone, I wont let the Army down :)

MTN Medic
09-28-2011, 16:28
Get some brother! :lifter