PDA

View Full Version : Military Drug Urinalysis

Independent
09-24-2011, 13:21
To the Professional Soldiers directly.
My question is , If your fail a drug urinalysis,will your be exempt from ever pursuing SF?
No particular Drug in the urinalysis, in general. I have searched the forms, and found no prior question regarding this. I did find a form on the topic, for current Professional Soldiers who test positive. Thank you for the space.

-Independent

Pete
09-24-2011, 13:41
To the Professional Soldiers directly.
My question is , If your fail a drug urinalysis,will your be exempt from ever pursuing SF?
No particular Drug in the urinalysis, in general. I have searched the forms, and found no prior question regarding this. I did find a form on the topic, for current Professional Soldiers who test positive. Thank you for the space.

-Independent

If you are in the Army and failed a drug test becoming SF would be the least of your worries.

If in the past you failed a drug test to get or keep a job it would depend on what job it was, where/how the test was stored/disposed of and what you've said about it. All that would revolve around the security clearance. No Secret - No SF.

Independent
09-24-2011, 13:56
Pete, Thank you for the Reply.
Currently This Soldier, is in the National Guard. One day Before Title 10 Orders. Apparently this is a benefit to himself. They already held a SECRET clearance , according to his commander they will not take this from him. Although he was unable to deploy due to this. He was told he would have to contact the STATE Drug and Alcohol abuse NCO. And complete an interrogation from this NCO. He is told he will keep Rank. As for what he stated to his commander, follows along the lines of . Second Hand Smoke, per-swaying his commander of this and The soldier has had no disciplinary actions taken out on him before Civilian nor UCMJ.

Thanks Pete

-Independent

Eagle5US
09-24-2011, 14:09
The SM is "blowing smoke"...

UDS (Urine Drug Screen) will not detect nanogram levels equivalent to second hand smoke exposure.

His "unit" is doing no one a favor - including the UNIT. Just what we need, another lying, dope smoking, "soldier" holding a secret clearance and looking to do highly sensitive missions, unsupervised, that either enforce or direct US Foreign policy.

I hesitate to speculate, but he will probably need a "morals waiver" to get his packet past the initial review.

This shit just raises my blood pressure...:mad:

PedOncoDoc
09-25-2011, 07:44

UDS (Urine Drug Screen) will not detect nanogram levels equivalent to second hand smoke exposure.

Agreed, and one-time use will typically be detectable 1-7 days after use. Frequent/habitual use can lead to a positive test over 1 month later.

BLUF - This guy got caught and is trying to cover his ass.

The Reaper
09-25-2011, 10:39

His "unit" is doing no one a favor - including the UNIT. Just what we need, another lying, dope smoking, "soldier" holding a secret clearance and looking to do highly sensitive missions, unsupervised, that either enforce or direct US Foreign policy.

I hesitate to speculate, but he will probably need a "morals waiver" to get his packet past the initial review.

This shit just raises my blood pressure...:mad:

Concur.

If he cannot follow simple rules and be trusted, I do not need him on my team.

TR

Independent
09-25-2011, 12:39
I appreciate the responses to this question. This Soldier , is totally in denial then. I'm going to just call the 3/20th and ask them the same question.

Thanks for the space

- Independent

Eagle5US
09-25-2011, 15:16
This Soldier , is totally in denial then.

NO, he isn't in DENIAL...HE IS A LIAR

If you are going to call it something, call it the RIGHT thing...:rolleyes:

craigepo
09-25-2011, 15:57
I preside over drug court in two counties. There is absolutely no way 2nd-hand smoke leads to a positive drug test. I hear this same crap every month.

Dude smoked. Dude got busted.

chance
09-25-2011, 17:10
Why would you call 3/20th? Please tell me that this LYING POS isn't trying to get into my Battalion? :mad:

Independent
09-25-2011, 18:44
Chance. No They are not. Just the Unit in my State. To answer the question, I think calling the unit and asking would end his remark, of still being able to pursue SF.

-Independent

Eagle5US
09-25-2011, 19:00
About Independent

Biography
Im here strictly for help and advise
Served in the following units.
30th INF. 130th MEB . 151st MAC ,"883rd Sapper Co"
Interests
Succeeding and Building
Occupation
12B.
How did you hear about Professional Soldiers?
Get Selected,MAJ Martin

I think "Independent" and his "Friend" are one and the same... :munchin

Independent
09-25-2011, 19:09
Just Here for advise , no harm intended towards PS.com

-Independent

Intel Cop
09-25-2011, 19:32
I can also confirm that second hand smoke cannot cause a hit on a typical marijuana test. I know undercover officers who have sat at parties where marijuana was being smoked in their faces all night without failing a test. The only way to pop is to puff, period.

LongWire
09-26-2011, 08:44
Just Here for advise , no harm intended towards PS.com

-Independent

Lucy.........You got some Splainin to Do!!!!!!

:munchin

Eagle5US
09-26-2011, 09:42
Lucy.........You got some Splainin to Do!!!!!!

:munchin

Not really...

He came here and LIED to us, just like he LIED to his Commander.:rolleyes:

Pretty cut and dry.

head
09-26-2011, 09:50
Nm...