PDA

View Full Version : here's an oldie for ya

glebo
09-20-2011, 10:07
Here's a pic of my F-I-L's Tm in Than Phu around '63, He's James Farley..back row, 3d from left

Dusty
09-20-2011, 10:11
:cool: Love that stuff.

Badger52
09-20-2011, 11:57
Very cool, thanks. I finished this not long ago (http://www.amazon.com/Tan-Phu-Special-Forces-23/dp/0804116164). Other than the slight diff in spelling of the place-name, is this the same location? If so, I wonder if he was before or followed A-23.

Was a great read; clearly a very Special time & the people to be there.

Thanks again for your sharing, and extended as well to him for his service.
Very neat.

glebo
09-20-2011, 12:09
Wow, cool. I'll have to get that for him. His b day is tomorrow..he'll be 79...

Wish I knew of that earlier. I dont know if it was before or after A23, all I know his VN days were fairly earlier, early to mid 60's.

ETA: Just read the first coulpe pages that you can preview....he was there/around at that time. he tells me they went out looking for Rowe and Pitzer, damn...I really gotta get him this...thanks...

Badger52
09-20-2011, 12:23
Wow, cool. I'll have to get that for him. His b day is tomorrow..he'll be 79...

Wish I knew of that earlier. I dont know if it was before or after A23, all I know his VN days were fairly earlier, early to mid 60's.

ETA: Just read the first coulpe pages that you can preview....he was there/around at that time. he tells me they went out looking for Rowe and Pitzer, damn...I really gotta get him this...thanks...My pleasure and please wish him a raucus Happy Birthday for me. Damn good read, good window into that time from what I can tell. Hope he enjoys it.

Creme would be him contributing his own history, juxtaposed against that in time. You're a good S-i-L.
:)