PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Remembered, "Falling Man"

echoes
08-30-2011, 14:49
Just saw this story, and clicked though the 18 images shot by this photographer. Very hard-core, remembering this was on Our American soil.

May We Never Forget. And Never Forgive.

http://news.yahoo.com/photographer-behind-9-11-falling-man-retraces-steps-recalls-unknown-soldier.html

Photographer behind 9/11 "Falling Man" retraces steps, recalls "unknown soldier"

Richard Drew put down his camera bag and looked up at the colossal skyscraper that seemed to be racing toward the clouds at an accelerated clip.

"I'm really surprised how fast this building's gone up," he said of the rising edifice at 1 World Trade Center, peering at the monolith from beneath the brim of a tan baseball cap. "I just hope it isn't another target."

It was around 2 p.m. on a bright Wednesday afternoon in mid-July, and Drew, a veteran Associated Press photographer with wire-rimmed glasses and a neatly cropped silver beard that betrays his 64 years, was standing near the northwest intersection of Vesey and West streets in Lower Manhattan, across from the noisy jungle gym of cranes and steel where a global business hub is currently being reconstructed. Nine years and two months earlier in this very spot -- now an austere pedestrian plaza in the shadow of the Goldman Sachs building -- Drew took a picture that became one of the most iconic images of one of the most catastrophic events in American history.

"I don't like coming down here," he admitted.

But he had nevertheless returned to retrace his steps for the first time since Sept. 11, 2001, when he had watched dozens die through the lens of a Nikon DCS620. On that similarly brilliant morning a decade ago, two planes had crashed into the Twin Towers by the time Drew emerged from the Chambers Street subway stop around a quarter after nine. The 110-story buildings looked like a pair of giant smokestacks spewing plumes of black soot into the crystal blue sky. He began shooting, focusing on the topmost floors. It wasn't long before he realized that some of the people trapped inside -- as many as 200 of them, it was later estimated -- had decided that plunging thousands of feet to their deaths was preferable to burning alive.

"There's one. There's another one," he said, recalling the horrific scene with a detached ease. "I just started photographing people as they were falling."

One of those people would come to be known as the Falling Man. Though his identity remains unconfirmed, some believe he was Jonathan Briley, a 43-year-old sound engineer who worked in a restaurant on the top floor of the North Tower. The man fell at 9:41, and Drew caught about a dozen frames of his fatal descent. In one of them, the subject soars earthward in a graceful vertical dive -- arms at his sides; left leg bent at the knee

"Although he has not chosen his fate, he appears to have, in his last instants of life, embraced it," wrote Tom Junod in a renowned 2003 Esquire piece that coined the title of the photo, which won a 2001 World Press Photo award and is the subject of a 2006 documentary film. "If he were not falling, he might very well be flying."

Newspapers the world over made space for the Falling Man in their Sept. 12, 2001, editions. But the widespread publicity sparked a debate as to whether the image was too gratuitous for public consumption. "To me, it's a real quiet photograph," Drew argued. Unlike fellow AP photographer Nick Ut's Pulitzer-winning 1972 shot of a naked 9-year-old girl fleeing a napalm attack in Vietnam or Drew's famous photos of Bobby Kennedy's bloody dying breaths, "There's no violence in it," he said.

It was now close to 3 p.m., and Drew had decamped to a Shake Shack a few blocks from Ground Zero for a late lunch. Waiting for his food to arrive, Drew said he doesn't attend the memorial ceremonies held each year at the hallowed site nearby, nor does he plan to show up for the 10th anniversary of the tragedy. He was just doing his job that day.

Dusty
08-30-2011, 16:35
Good post.

Dozer523
08-30-2011, 16:39
I'm sorry but these pictures have no business being available to the public.
The victims are not "graceful" and to say someone 'embraced the fall in the last moments" is a pathetic attempt to justify posting them.
Yes, the tragedy needed to be recorded (similiar to the pictures Eisenhower and Patton demanded at the Nazi concentration camps) but only as proof that these things happened.

What if a sound man had been there? Would be impressed that he captured a scream of terror?

I've often wondered if I would have jumped, in the hope my body might be recovered.

Jgood
08-30-2011, 17:25
I disagree, I believe these photos and images need to be shown more often, it seems people have forgotten what happened that day and those days from that past( similar to the pictures Eisenhower and Patton demanded at the Nazi concentration camps). We as a society are all to quick to forget the pain and suffering caused by these events. I don’t think we need to dwell in the past but we must remember.

The victims are not "graceful" and to say someone 'embraced the fall in the last moments" is a pathetic attempt to justify posting them.
Yes, the tragedy needed to be recorded (similiar to the pictures Eisenhower and Patton demanded at the Nazi concentration camps) but only as proof that these things happened.

What if a sound man had been there? Would be impressed that he captured a scream of terror?

I've often wondered if I would have jumped, in the hope my body might be recovered.

greenberetTFS
08-30-2011, 20:06

I'm sorry guys but I agree with Dozer 100%.........:(

Big Teddy :munchin

casey
08-30-2011, 21:34
I get part of Dozers point, and I too think its totally absurd that some "writer" pens his opinion as to what this persons thoughts were as he plunged to his death.

Would the same writer have gotten away with describing the thoughts of dying Jews in the concentration camps as "Although he has not chosen his fate, he appears to have, in his last instants of life, embraced it"? Why, its almost like an effortless (albeit graceful) death, no need to think about his seconds or minutes trying to contact his loved ones, give no thoughts to his stark terror of realizing no help is coming, and he's choking on the thick smoke, or the utter despair he felt knowing that his only way away from a certain agonizing death by fire, is to jump.... it was after all, just a man caused disaster...... no responsibility here....just "gracefullness"....

But I believe I would take it even further than Jgoods thoughts - I think the photos - and their correct stories, should be shown and retold over and over again until the photos and individual stories do not become "art work" or literary opines, but just what is - a cold fact that none can look away from.

It is all too easy to forget just how many people perished, how they perished, and WHY they perished that day. So I don't really see it as our past -yet. After all, to how many current (and future) man caused disasters could/will we put the caption of "This death committed in the name of Islam" to?

mojaveman
08-30-2011, 22:02
I think that there has to be some point of balance between being insensitive to the victims but also remembering them and the event. I agree that it's too easy to take a picture of someone falling to their death and then make casual comments about it. It's even worse to make yourself rich from it. Perhaps images of the events as they happened that aren't so focused and personal that someone could identify the victims would be more appropriate.

head
08-30-2011, 22:25
Agreed with both good posts by casey and mojaveman.

ddoering
08-31-2011, 04:46
I think they should be shown every day to remind people, both American and everyone else as to why we are at war. Even now there are those who question why we are in Afgahnistan, claiming we are waging a war of agression. I would point to Pearl Harbor as an example. Last year you barely heard a peep about it on TV. The farther we get from events like this, the circle of people that remember it grows smaller and smaller. At the same time the circles of nuts and conspiracy theorists grows larger and larger. 100 years from now the attacks will be listed in the history books as a covert CIA/Mosaad joint operation to allow the US to take over the middle east for its resources.

Hell, look at the Iranian Pres, I'madinnerjacket. He has a case of Holocaust denial in spite of the documented evidence.

Richard
08-31-2011, 06:19
Personally, pictures of the Manhattan skyline with the twin towers burning is a more powerful pic to remind me of the dangers to us all from radical militant groups.

Richard :munchin

echoes
08-31-2011, 09:56
I disagree, I believe these photos and images need to be shown more often, it seems people have forgotten what happened that day and those days from that past( similar to the pictures Eisenhower and Patton demanded at the Nazi concentration camps). We as a society are all to quick to forget the pain and suffering caused by these events. I don’t think we need to dwell in the past but we must remember.

Sir,

Your post summizes the reason for this thread's beginning. Images are now, thanks to the Internet, only a click away.

However, I remember only reading and seeing photos of events such as Pearl Harbor, and the Nazi camps in textbooks as a child. The weight of those events to me personally was different at the time, due to my age and knowledge of world events, but I did know that they were both horrific, and that real evil did exist in the world, after seeing them.

I will not post the picture, (it can be googled), but the image of firefighter Chris Fields holding the dying infant Baylee Almon on April 19, 1995, after the OKC bombing comes to mind as another example that terrorism is alive and well here inside our own borders. This reminder is heart-wrenching to look at, but serves a purpose, IMVHO.

Interesting thoughts made by all.

Holly:munchin

PRB
08-31-2011, 15:01
An event is more easily remembered for its horror if it has a face on it.....we all know what happened at/during the holocaust in NAZI Germany, but the numbers are mind boggling and the scope of official murder hard to emotionally wrap ones brain around.
I have a picture of a 4 year old Jewish girl awaiting the showers/ovens holding her Mothers hand and looking at the German held camera with confusion as only an innocent can. It needs no explanation or fact quoting. It is what it is. Pure unadulterated evil.
Sometimes you have to put a face on it.

BOfH
08-31-2011, 15:15
Pictures speak a thousand words; even the best writers struggle to build a mental image which mirrors what they are picturing at the time they put pen to paper, and even then, it is all subject to interpretation. Pictures, not so much; it is very hard to deny that which is in black and white(or color) when you are staring at it, and we need to see it again and again in an attempt to stem the tide of history repeating itself. I do agree with casey though, screw the dramatic captions, a simple "Man jumping to his death from WTC attacks by Islamic terrorists" more than suffices.

echoes
08-31-2011, 16:02
Pictures speak a thousand words; even the best writers struggle to build a mental image which mirrors what they are picturing at the time they put pen to paper, and even then, it is all subject to interpretation. Pictures, not so much; it is very hard to deny that which is in black and white(or color) when you are staring at it, and we need to see it again and again in an attempt to stem the tide of history repeating itself. I do agree with casey though, screw the dramatic captions, a simple "Man jumping to his death from WTC attacks by Islamic terrorists" more than suffices.

And you know what sir? :-)

This written word of yours describes perfectly what a large portion of Americans hear, instad of see. Indeed there are those that are blind, that know and understand fully the impact of 9-11, without the added benefit of being able to see images on a screen.

Think about it.

If a person had seen no image, no picture, no video, but only heard the commentary on TV/ or had a voice program read it from the computer, would that person be any less angry at the cold-hearted, blood-thirsty terrorists who perpetrate such evil upon us all?

My only hope is that there continues to be brave SF men, and others who will stand up and fight for those in our soceity who cannot fight for themselves because they are really disabled, and would be the first ones slaughtered by those who hate us, if given the chance.

BOfH
08-31-2011, 19:41
If a person had seen no image, no picture, no video, but only heard the commentary on TV/ or had a voice program read it from the computer, would that person be any less angry at the cold-hearted, blood-thirsty terrorists who perpetrate such evil upon us all?

Spot on, though as PRB said, pictures lend that human side of tragedy more than words ever will, which can be the straw that broke the camels back in terms of action taken. Additionally, pictures can speak a truth which words can cloud; how I might describe a scene may differ how you would describe the same scene, based on point of view or how we interpret things and put them into words.

My only hope is that there continues to be brave SF men, and others who will stand up and fight for those in our soceity who cannot fight for themselves because they are really disabled, and would be the first ones slaughtered by those who hate us, if given the chance.

Amen to that! :lifter

ETA: I know this is going off on a bit of a tangent, but, I highly recommend watching "The boy in the striped pajamas" for a prime example of what picture can do.

Utah Bob
09-01-2011, 08:59
And this pic (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/photographer-richard-drew-captures-9-11-1314681196-slideshow/ap110505030947-photo-1314680916.html) is relevant how?

greenberetTFS
09-01-2011, 09:23
And this pic (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/photographer-richard-drew-captures-9-11-1314681196-slideshow/ap110505030947-photo-1314680916.html) is relevant how?

UB,Excellent point!...

echoes
09-01-2011, 11:28

Sirrs,

Am in complete agreement of your expressed sentiment. It is one picture of the series. I do not know the photograpgher personally, so I cannot answer for the reason he snapped that photo OR the reason the news agency responsible for this story chose to include it.

My thoughts are that the current CIC has zero, none, nil, interest other than a photo op, because he definately cares nothing about Our Military, or calling Terrorists what they are, Terrorists.

Though I could articulate it better, am honestly curious why you and GBTFS, and Dozer seem angry at my postings? :confused:

Was this wrong of me to start this thread? The anniversery is comming up, and I just thought it relevent. Am sorry if I offended you guys.

Holly

echoes
09-02-2011, 10:23
A more complete collection of 9-11 photos that I have found is here:

http://nymag.com/news/articles/wtc/gallery/2.htm

For me, remembering is important, and these images tell the story.

Holly

ddoering
09-02-2011, 12:49

It puts a human face on a incident that affected a couple of buildings in NYC.

Utah Bob
09-04-2011, 16:10
It puts a human face on a incident that affected a couple of buildings in NYC.

The other pics in the article are from 9/11 or very soon after. The one with Obama is from May 2011. I fail to see the relevance.

Utah Bob
09-04-2011, 16:16
Sirrs,

Am in complete agreement of your expressed sentiment. It is one picture of the series. I do not know the photograpgher personally, so I cannot answer for the reason he snapped that photo OR the reason the news agency responsible for this story chose to include it.

My thoughts are that the current CIC has zero, none, nil, interest other than a photo op, because he definately cares nothing about Our Military, or calling Terrorists what they are, Terrorists.

Though I could articulate it better, am honestly curious why you and GBTFS, and Dozer seem angry at my postings? :confused:

Was this wrong of me to start this thread? The anniversery is comming up, and I just thought it relevent. Am sorry if I offended you guys.

Holly

I don't know how you are perceiving me as being angry at your postings. I am not. I reserve my anger for our enemies and incompetent govt officials.;)
My feelings mirror Richard's in post #10.

Dusty
09-04-2011, 16:42

It's a disaster thread, right? I see the relevance.

Sigaba
09-04-2011, 18:25
What if a sound man had been there?The sound of bodies landing can be heard clearly in 9/11 <<LINK (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312318/)>>, a film by two Frenchmen who were doing principal photography for a documentary on the FDNY.

MOO, the one of most poignant reminders of 9/11 is Art Spiegelman's cover to the 24 September 2001 issue of The New Yorker. When you hold that issue in your hand, you have to look very closely before you realize what you're seeing.

wet dog
09-04-2011, 18:26
If my office floor was on fire, all exits blocked, staff in chaos, etc. I think I'd be looking for an open window, hoping to signal ground forces. If all options had been exhausted, a few calls made, (attempted), with final letter to family written quickly in shirt pocket.

Between dying from smoke and burning, I'd jump.

My death, my terms.

akv
09-04-2011, 18:51
That was a dark day for America, personally I too would concur with Richard's assessment.

Dusty
09-04-2011, 19:44
That was a dark day for America, personally I too would concur with Richard's assessment.

Duh.

DinDinA-2
09-04-2011, 23:17
If my office floor was on fire, all exits blocked, staff in chaos, etc. I think I'd be looking for an open window, hoping to signal ground forces. If all options had been exhausted, a few calls made, (attempted), with final letter to family written quickly in shirt pocket.

My death, my terms.

I agree.

Richard
09-05-2011, 07:24
Sometimes you have to put a face on it.

And sometimes not.

The Holocaust of WW2 was more than a pogrom in NAZI Germany against Jews and, as we have discovered through intensive studies and the on-going discovery of both official and personal documentation, far more complicated than it was originally thought to be.

Having studied it some, spending time in places like Dachau, Bergen-Belsen, Buchenwald, the NHM in Washington, DC, and Yad Vashim in Jerusalem, and being a docent for a few years at the Dallas Holocaust Museum under the likes of Dr. Zsuzsanna Ozsvath of UT-Dallas before it got to be too much for me personally, a 'face' for that Holocaust - IMO - is not a face, per se, but a pic of the lone remaining warehouse at Buchenwald with its nearly adult high piles of musty shoes, of eyeglasses, of woolen clothing, of hair, of empty suitcases - all taken from its victims (children, teens, adults, the old and infirm of so many nationalities labeled in 'newspeak-like' terms as 'undesirables') and to this day awaiting 'recycling' by its evil practicioners.

Standing in that dimly lit warehouse on a grey Sunday in December, monitoring the first all-German elections since 1932 in Weimar and Leipzig and being at Buchenwald because one of its 'educational' classrooms (there were two of them used for teaching the soldiers of the former DDR and USSR that the Holocaust came about because of 'Westerrn capitalism') was being used as a voting center, and contemplating how such heinous crimes could ever have been brought upon humanity, those representative piles of mankind and the unimaginable indignity to that humanity suffered by their owners became the 'face' of the Holocaust and its millions of victims for me.

I, too, like the Art Spiegelman cover posted by Sigaba. He also released 'In the Shadow of No Towers', a book relating his experience of the Twin Towers attack and the psychological after-effects. For those who don't know of him, Spiegelman was the son of Holocaust survivors and a well-known underground comics artist back in my teens. I made 'Maus' - his personal and familial expreiences with the Holocaust and its aftermath - mandatory reading in my History classes for high schoolers.

wet dog
09-05-2011, 08:24
those representative piles of mankind and the unimaginable indignity to that humanity suffered by their owners became the 'face' of the Holocaust and its millions of victims for me.

All - Many here at PS.com represent a broad cross section of the American culture.

Richard, for example, represents a generation that lived with or knew a parent, uncle, aunt or cousin that survived the Holocaust. For Utah Bob, it represents an era of soldiers in post Nazi Germany, re-construction, cold war, and developing governments, Europe. An ear in which 10th Grp was as busy in Europe as 5th Grp was in Vietnam. No battle ribbons adorned its Groups Colors for many years, but their mission was no less critical.

Followed by which many other QPs found themselves, in Vietnam, South America, and Africa, each area, episodes in the total war against the idealogies of communism and democracy. Vietnam begame the battle ground that in truth was being fought on may levels and in many places.

This new group of fighters recognizes what 9/11 means to this generation. It has defined them for the past 10 years, it will continue to define them for the next 50.
It has become the call to arms for so many 18xers, the commitment to lay it on the line. It has defined their motives and resolve. God bless them all.

Photos of the Holocaust, photos of victims of south american dictators, or photos of 9/11 all have a place in their own right. This thread, is as good as any for such action, and I assume I will return here often to read, learn and study the opinions of others.

Should we remember 9/11 every day? Personally, I'd like to forget, but I fear I can not and thus I will not. Since it came to our door, I must suport and defend those who are defending us.

echoes
09-05-2011, 14:58
I don't know how you are perceiving me as being angry at your postings. I am not. I reserve my anger for our enemies and incompetent govt officials.;)

Rock on, Sir.:)

All - Many here at PS.com represent a broad cross section of the American culture.

Richard, for example, represents a generation that lived with or knew a parent, uncle, aunt or cousin that survived the Holocaust Utah Bob, represents an era of soldiers in post Nazi Germany, re-construction, cold war, and developing governments, Europe. An ear in which 10th Grp was as busy in Europe as 5th Grp was in Vietnam. No battle ribbons adorned its Groups Colors for many years, but their mission was no less critical.

Followed by which many other QPs found themselves, in Vietnam, South America, and Africa, each area, episodes in the total war against the idealogies of communism and democracy. Vietnam begame the battle ground that in truth was being fought on may levels and in many places.

This new group of fighters recognizes what 9/11 means to this generation. It has defined them for the past 10 years, it will continue to define them for the next 50.
It has become the call to arms for so many 18xers, the commitment to lay it on the line. It has defined their motives and resolve. God bless them all.

Photos of the Holocaust, photos of victims of south american dictators, or photos of 9/11 all have a place in their own right. This thread, is as good as any for such action, and I assume I will return here often to read, learn and study the opinions of others.

Should we remember 9/11 every day? Personally, I'd like to forget, but I fear I can not and thus I will not. Since it came to our door, I must suport and defend those who are defending us.

Very well siad, Sir. 9-11 means a lot of things to a lot of us and it is interesting to read all different views, IMHO.

Susa
09-06-2011, 20:05
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/photographer-shares-unusual-view-twin-towers-9-11-223937921.html

One heck of a picture.

echoes
09-10-2011, 17:12
Just thought of sharing, as there really is no quid pro quo for this...it just seems appropriate.

I have not turned on even Foxnews in the last couple of days, b/c all of the news outlets seem to be grandstanding, IMHO. I just want to Remember.

Holly:(

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/9-11-the-25-most-powerful-photos-1315611364-slideshow/

9/11: The 25 Most Powerful Photos
One decade after 9/11, an unsettling number of images from Ground Zero and its environs remain seared in our collective memory -- unsurprising, perhaps, given the scope and scale of the destruction.

But the fact that the deadliest, most visually arresting attacks occurred in New York City also meant that many of the world's best photographers were, in effect, already on the scene when the terrorists struck.

Here, to mark the tenth anniversary of 9/11, and in hopes of lending coherence to our shared, turbulent recollections, LIFE.com presents the 25 most stirring, visceral photographs from that day...

These are the pictures we remember: wrenching, indelible photographs that tell the tale of a still-resonant late summer day that changed everything.

alelks
09-10-2011, 17:23

My death, my terms.

EXACTLY!

This is going to sound SICK but I'd go out on my own terms also. I'd try and get flat and stable on the way down and pick my point of impact. Sorry, but I figure if I'm going out that way I'm making the best of it and trying to avoid anyone on the ground.

MY TERMS!

Gypsy
09-10-2011, 17:25

I agree. It is the history of one of the most tragic days in our Country's history.

However, I don't think profit should be made off of them.

greenberetTFS
09-11-2011, 06:37
If you can go under your own decision,knowing that's there's no help coming due to that high situation,it's possible I'd consider a Swan Dive!!.......;)

mojaveman
09-11-2011, 10:40
If you can go under your own decision, knowing that's there's no help coming due to that high situation, it's possible I'd consider a Swan Dive!! Big Teddy :munchin

Is that all Teddy?

At that height a person would have plenty of time for a gainer, a dozen somersaults, and also a few twists. Weren't there fountains with small pools near the base of the towers?

Richard
09-11-2011, 11:35
...I'd consider a Swan Dive!

Don't you mean a "Triple Lindy"??? :D

Tress
09-11-2011, 19:08
... Or am I blind? For the past two weeks or so there have been many historical accounts of what occurred before, during and after the events of 9/11. But even with all of these programs on the telly, not one of them has addressed or showed the apparent jubilation displayed by many in the Arab world concerning the attack. Or did I just not notice that part of any of the programs? :confused:

It was part of the historical record and IMHO should be shown along with the towers falling. Or are these programs just being politically correct and trying not to create additional anger towards our Muslim friends?

Tress

wet dog
09-11-2011, 19:34
Or are these programs just being politically correct and trying not to create additional anger towards our Muslim friends?

Tress

Ingoring it is much like watching a pimple grow slowing on the tip of ones nose.

Its there, everyone can see it, there is no discussion about it, everyone wishes they didn't have to look at it, secretly, all observers want it to go away. The only one who doesn't care or can't to a thing about it, is the blind man who's nose it rest upon.

Guy
09-11-2011, 20:01

My death, my terms.I'll go down fighting before ending my life...

Fire, smoke, water, heights, disease, injuries, enemy, etc.

I'll take my chances...I was bred and trained as fighter and I'll die as a man under either Gods will and/or, the enemy will kill me however...I'm NOT making a jump to my death!:eek:

Stay safe.

wet dog
09-11-2011, 20:11
I'll go down fighting before ending my life...

Fire, smoke, water, heights, disease, injuries, enemy, etc.

I'll take my chances...I was bred and trained as fighter and I'll die as a man under either Gods will and/or, the enemy will kill me however...I'm NOT making a jump to my death!:eek:

Stay safe.

And that's why being on an ODA is truely a wonderful thing.

Seeing that we were in the same room, we'd keep most awake with a discussion lasting several hours into the night, until someone yelled, "Shut the F*** up, both of you." Boots being thrown in our general direction.

So, do you like dark or milk chocolate the best?

Remain safe brother.

TOMAHAWK9521
09-11-2011, 22:12
I remember telling my wife as we watched the people jumping from the towers that if I ever get a job in a high rise office like that, I'm throwing down some money for my own sport rig. I'd redesign my office chair so that thing was always there if TSHTF. I'd just have to strap in, knock out the glass and go.

Richard
09-12-2011, 06:14
My wife and I went to see 'The Towering Inferno' on our first date some 36+ years ago. We've discussed such scenarios several times over the years and pretty much came to the conclusion that we would do whatever it was we thought we needed to do if faced with such a situation...and until then...;)

And so it goes...

Dozer523
09-12-2011, 08:04
And this pic (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/photographer-richard-drew-captures-9-11-1314681196-slideshow/ap110505030947-photo-1314680916.html) is relevant how? Focus! It doesn't always have to be about O!!If you can go under your own decision,knowing that's there's no help coming due to that high situation,it's possible I'd consider a Swan Dive!!.......;)
Not me, I'm going for as many soumersaults as I can get!
"Ahhhhh yeah, that WAS sad. But, he got a 8.5 on a 4. degree-of-difficulty dive. Shoulda kept his feet together at the end."

Pete
09-12-2011, 08:45
..................and take up the prepare to land position.

Try to execute the best PLF ever.

There is always ho