PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes 'disappearing' in some parts of Africa

Pete
08-27-2011, 15:15
Mosquitoes 'disappearing' in some parts of Africa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14685612

"Malaria-carrying mosquitoes are disappearing in some parts of Africa, but scientists are unsure as to why............................"

Maybe someone is sneaking around with a spray can of DDT.

PRB
08-27-2011, 15:19
squiters are dyin of aids

mojaveman
08-27-2011, 15:22
I guessed climate change before even reading the article, but now they might have a much bigger problem with water supply.

mark46th
09-14-2011, 16:54
The CIA has kidnapped all the mosquitos. The CIA is infecting them with a new virus that will kill everyone bitten and outfitting them with microscopic brain control devices before they are released into Iran...

Sohei
09-15-2011, 07:39
If they want them back they can have them. I know exactly where they have all gone. After Tropical Storm Lee came ashore, the hordes of mosquitos were released en masse in our city. In fact, they have been so bad, the news channels are carrying stories about them and the outbreak. I can truly say that I hate them.:rolleyes:

BOfH
09-19-2011, 10:14
The CIA has kidnapped all the mosquitos. The CIA is infecting them with a new virus that will kill everyone bitten and outfitting them with microscopic brain control devices before they are released into Iran...

Beware of the black helicopters :p

If they want them back they can have them. I know exactly where they have all gone. After Tropical Storm Lee came ashore, the hordes of mosquitos were released en masse in our city. In fact, they have been so bad, the news channels are carrying stories about them and the outbreak. I can truly say that I hate them.:rolleyes:

NYC has been hit hard as well, last I checked, nine confirmed cases of West Nile, including one fatality. They have been spraying in my area, but not enough, five minutes outside and your eaten alive. I hate the little buggers as well, the problem is that I am coastal, so there are restrictions on how often I can spray permethrin based products(i.e. Cutter Backyard bug control etc.).

ZonieDiver
09-19-2011, 10:24
They are all here in Exuma! Dengue Fever has hit the Bahamas... no cases on this island... yet.

Keep the breeze above 15 knots and stay on the windward side of stuff!