PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate Training

Alacrity
08-25-2011, 07:48
Hey guys, anybody know a good resource for reading about Heart Rate Training utilizing a HRM? I couldn't find any threads on this (specifically) in this forum.

I do strength training 3 days a week (defranco's "Built like a Badass" program) and wanted to add in running and rucking in the off days to improve endurance. I've heard there's ways to mix up work in targeted heart rate zones for better results. My strength days involve a little bit of conditioning at the end of the workout (run 1 mile, or 100 p/u for time, barbell complexes etc.) but it's not enough even though I come close to MHR each time.

I could just make my strength days hard days and throw in easy workouts in between and mornings of hard days, but I'd rather have a better plan. Suggestions?

booker
08-25-2011, 20:43
There has been discussion about Phil Maffetone in some other threads on the board. I found his Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing to be a great reference (http://ow.ly/6ddkJ).

zoolander6
08-28-2011, 16:21
stupid forum program, I had a big a** reply for you, but it was so long my session got logged out. PM your details and goals. Im NASM and TRX certified. You will need to find your HR zones first though.