PDA

View Full Version : 10th Group's 60th birthday

Bennett
08-24-2011, 10:35
OK, mark it your calendar, 13 through 16 June 2012, 10th Special Forces Group will cerebrate it’s 60th birthday here in Colorado Springs. We (SFA 4/24) are helping to plan, finance and execute the activities. We will be looking for donations made out to our chapter (Big Army doesn’t allow Group to solicit or receive outside money) to make this the best Ball/birthday to date. The 4 days will include (so far) activities at Group, a golf game, CDR’s motorcycle ride, the Ball on Friday 15 June and a picnic on Saturday. More details to come as we start the backward planning. We, Group and the Chapter are trying to get as many alumni back for this as possible, we are planning 1200-1500 10th Groupers to attend. So if you plan to attend stand by for more detail and if you have access to someone who would be interested in donating to a 501(c) let me know and we can get them the paperwork to the tax exemption. Please spread the word.

MTN Medic
08-27-2011, 11:16
Sounds like a hell of a bash. Last night was the 59th; good show. I know some of your members were there. I was wondering if you were.

Bennett
08-29-2011, 08:22
Nope, we (SFA/Retirees) didn't get invited until a week out. Bad planning on Groups part but from what I heard, MG Csrnko who was at the head table stood up and wanted to thank the SFA Chapter 4/24 for helping him get settled here in Colorado and asked us to stand up! Ha none of us were there; maybe someone will get an ass chewing for not inviting us sooner. Anyway we will run the 60th or at least hold the purse strings and have already set the ground rules, this is for the Alumni. I hope to see a bunch of FOGs there.

MTN Medic
08-30-2011, 18:44
He sure did! I was looking around to see where you guys were and no-one stood up. Oh well, I am sure next year will be the one not to miss. Thanks for all your support!

ntuit1
02-15-2012, 12:24
Don,

Keep me posted. Think I might come down for this one.

Rx

Bennett
02-24-2012, 10:45
Boys everything is posted on our web page now http://www.sfa4-24.org/ As for seats, there will be 150 tables, each seating 10-persons, at the Ball. Currently, 17 tables (170 seats) are reserved for VIPs and we have 16 tables (160 seats) set aside for SFA, retirees, and other 10th Group Alumni. We can get more if needed. Again hotel and events are post on the WEB, see you all this summer and please pass this on.

greenberetTFS
02-25-2012, 00:43
GB TFS-Bad Tolz-1959-1961........:lifter:lifter:lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

JoeBeasley
03-29-2012, 19:34
Who would we contact to get out to the celebration? I am an old retired SF Operations Sergeant and wanted to reaquaint myself... Joe Beasley

Bennett
03-30-2012, 10:22
Go to the SFA Chapter 4/24 web site, all the info and contacts are there. Let me know if you have further questions.
http://www.sfa4-24.org/

Richard
03-30-2012, 11:53
I am an old retired SF Operations Sergeant and wanted to reaquaint myself... Joe Beasley

Is this the Joe Beasley who worked so diligently to keep Kohinor and Pelikan in business in Bad Tölz? ;)

Go to the SFA Chapter 4/24 web site...

Thanks for the information, Don. I suspect it'll be a BIG event and y'all are gonna be busy.

Nice anniversary poster, too...but - FWIW - ya gotta wonder how come it is we can never quite seem to get the Regiment's motto translation correct. :rolleyes:

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Heraldry/ArmyDUISSICOA/ArmyHeraldryUnit.aspx?u=4351

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Richard
03-30-2012, 16:36
FYI - received this today.

Richard

The Convention Committee wants to put together a video history of the last 60 years of SF in photos. They would like to collect as many photos as possible for this project. Time is running out. Please disseminate to members that this is a good time to clean out the old shoe boxes. BUT, please send photos with identifying captions. Please send to SFA HQ at PO Box 41436, Fayetteville, 28309 ATTN Photo Project.

Thanks

Cliff Newman
Administrative Director
Special Forces Association
PO Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC 28309
(910) 485-5433

Bennett
04-02-2012, 09:19
Yep but that's for the convention at Fayetteville this thread was for the 10th Group's 60th at Colorado springs. By the way you can now apy using PayPal for the Ball. http://www.sfa4-24.org/

Bennett
04-02-2012, 10:01
Nice anniversary poster, too...but - FWIW - ya gotta wonder how come it is we can never quite seem to get the Regiment's motto translation correct. :rolleyes:

The motto more fully translated means, "From Oppression We Will Liberate Them" it's a bit to long, to free the oppressed seems to be easier?

Bennett
04-19-2012, 11:04
OK just was informed that pikespeakharleydavidson.com/ will have bikes for rental during the CDR's ride on the 15 June. They have donated a few bikes for the VIPs and those are being coordinted by Jim Culligan and crew. Please check with him on the availibility. Bottom line we will try to ensure everyone wanting to ride can. Please pass this around.

Bennett
05-24-2012, 13:18
Boys, the QM just received the first 200 60th anniversary coins. We should have them on our web site next week for $15.

Utah Bob
06-07-2012, 07:19
Boys, the QM just received the first 200 60th anniversary coins. We should have them on our web site next week for $15.

Is there a pic? Didn't see one on the site.

greenberetTFS
06-07-2012, 07:40
Is there a pic? Didn't see one on the site.

This will make my "4th" different coin from 10th SFG.........;) :D

Utah Bob
06-08-2012, 12:43
I'll take a leap of faith and order one sight unseen I reckon.

greenberetTFS
06-08-2012, 13:55
I will be at home June 13-16 celebrating the anniversary and drinking my favorite Deutschland imported beer in my "official" 10th SFG Beer Stein given to me by a very special good friend......;) :D :cool:

Oops I forgot,June 12th,I'll be going in for my heart catheter.

Utah Bob
06-08-2012, 15:19
I'm committed to an annual shoot the 14th-17th so I'll only be able to drink after the days competition. The only official 10th group vessel I have id s my Prop Blast mug and that sucker's too small.
I do have a couple of proper sized steins I bought downtown in Tolz though.
Prost, my brothers. Have a great time!:D

DrJay
06-14-2012, 19:10
Looks like I'm not making it, I've got a lot of stuff going on here in KS with the family (two small kids will keep you busy, especially if you're over 50).
I'm looking forward to the Thews coming through here enroute to the Ozarks next month, they'll fill me in on all the "entertaining" moments.
Jay K

Stras
06-14-2012, 23:17
I will be at home June 13-16 celebrating the anniversary and drinking my favorite Deutschland imported beer in my "official" 10th SFG Beer Stein given to me by a very special good friend......;) :D

Oops I forgot,June 12th,I'll be going in for my heart catheter.

Big Teddy,

I'm hoping that you're drinking the Reutberg that we're importing to CO, and not some Muenchner swill like Paulaner...:D

Y'all hoist a few brews for the boys overseas....

Happy Birthday 10th SFG(A) !!!!!!

Prost!