PDA

View Full Version : David Oh Special Forces Fraud

Team Sergeant
08-24-2011, 10:04
This story is going viral.

Going to open a thread where everyone can comment.

As I said on my FB page, It's simple don't mess with "my" Regiment.

Team Sergeant

Utah Bob
08-24-2011, 10:17
I'm getting the warm fuzzies thinking about Oh's political career sliding down that slippery slope.

sinjefe
08-24-2011, 10:25
From his my space account http://www.myspace.com/davidoh2007/photos/11045374#{%22ImageId%22%3A11045374}

Photo 27, he writes:

"David was a U.S. Army Officer. He later served in the Special Forces."

Photo 31, he writes:

"David's nieces in 1991 after Operation Desert Storm."

Dusty
08-24-2011, 11:23
From his my space account http://www.myspace.com/davidoh2007/photos/11045374#{%22ImageId%22%3A11045374}

Photo 27, he writes:

"David was a U.S. Army Officer. He later served in the Special Forces."

Photo 31, he writes:

"David's nieces in 1991 after Operation Desert Storm."

Nailed.

RobertJordan
08-24-2011, 15:25
He may have removed all the SF discussions from his Facebook page, but his Facebook biography still reads: "Again, with hard work and perseverance, he qualified for Officer Candidate’s School, was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, and joined the U.S. Army Special Forces (Airborne)." http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Oh/129058423834067?sk=info (you have to click the "see more" link in his biography to see it.)

Dusty
08-24-2011, 15:39
This story is going viral.

Going to open a thread where everyone can comment.

As I said on my FB page, It's simple don't mess with "my" Regiment.

Team Sergeant

From what I've seen since I've started hanging around here, your target list is going to get smaller and smaller as time goes by, Team Sergeant.

The "rat-ship" analogy.

You'll have even more time to cook next year.

Team Sergeant
08-24-2011, 15:53
From what I've seen since I've started hanging around here, your target list is going to get smaller and smaller as time goes by, Team Sergeant.

The "rat-ship" analogy.

You'll have even more time to cook next year.

Everytime we think that no one is dumb enough to place false Special Forces/ Green Beret claims on the internet we get proven wrong.

Where are our Stat's people? What sort of SF fraud frequency are we looking at?

wet dog
08-24-2011, 15:57
Everytime we think that no one is dumb enough to place false Special Forces/ Green Beret claims on the internet we get proven wrong.

Where are our Stat's people? What sort of SF fraud frequency are we looking at?

Freq: In Your @$$
Antenna Used: Two hands
Singal Strength: 5
Signal Clarity: 5
Cycle Rate of Fire: High
Accuracy: 99.8%

greenberetTFS
08-24-2011, 16:12
Freq: In Your @$$
Antenna Used: Two hands
Singal Strength: 5
Signal Clarity: 5
Cycle Rate of Fire: High
Accuracy: 99.8%

:lifter:lifter:lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

Gypsy
08-24-2011, 17:18
Stupid is as stupid does. What a POS.

RobertJordan
08-25-2011, 05:48
He may have removed all the SF discussions from his Facebook page, but his Facebook biography still reads: "Again, with hard work and perseverance, he qualified for Officer Candidate’s School, was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, and joined the U.S. Army Special Forces (Airborne)." http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Oh/129058423834067?sk=info (you have to click the "see more" link in his biography to see it.)

Looks like he changed it last night. I did print out PDFs of it yesterday, though. (see below)

echoes
08-25-2011, 06:26
Just put the name in to google, and this is the first thing that popped up! Having read the thread in the Hall Of Shame, it seems this sad sorry excuse for excrement still has no problems making his claims.:rolleyes:

http://www.davidoh.org/files/DOH_Bio.pdf

DAVID OH
SMART. TOUGH. HONEST.

"In 1988, David resigned from his position as Assistant D.A. to enlist in the U.S. Army. Though given another option as an enlisting lawyer, David chose to serve in the Infantry starting basic training as a private. Again, with hard work and perseverance, he qualified for Officer Candidate’s School, was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, and joined the U.S. Army Special Forces (Airborne). During Operation Desert Storm, David was called to active-duty, but before he was deployed, the war ended. He received an honorable discharge and returned to Philadelphia."

Memberships and Affiliations
82ND AIRBORNE DIVISION ASSOCIATION: PHILADELPHIA HAJDAK/MOKAN CHAPTER, Trustee

POSERS BE DAMNED! Go get 'em TS!!!:mad:

Holly

echoes
08-25-2011, 10:18
Upon some further digging, I found this information about Mr. Oh's affiliation with the local 82ND Chapter...

http://www.philly82nd.com/

82nd AA OFFICERS . . .
Chairman . . . . . David Oh

"Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at:

McMenamy American Legion
Post No. 178
8041 Frankford Avenue
[Northeast Philadelphia]
Philadelphia, PA 19136

Meetings start promptly at 8:00 P.M.
Members begin to gather for Airborne refreshments at 7:00 P.M."

And here he is posing with a Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient:

http://www.philly82nd.com/archive7.html

Hope you all nail this guys ass to the wall!

Holly

Badger52
08-25-2011, 11:34
Just put the name in to google, and this is the first thing that popped up! Give it time ma'am; an Info Op to replace the most frequent hit that pops up (and its result) is easily done. For one thing, just keep hammering the query line with "David Oh Special Forces Fraud" - his quickly spiralling credibility will be louder than "that suckin' sound" Ross Perot described.
;)

BOfH
08-25-2011, 11:47
Most Google hits for "David Oh" and "green beret" are links to news bits about how and why he is fraud, so I'd say his credibility is already entering the "death" portion of that spiral. Then again, as they say, "shoot 'till they drop" ;)

Badger52
08-25-2011, 12:04
Then again, as they say, "shoot 'till they drop" ;)and.............. Roger. There are times quantity has a quality all its own. Jeez I hate posers.

Out of the blue once I bumped into a guy I kinda recognized from a galaxy far away who somewhat sheepishly told me he was "just" a cook. Turned out he was the one who used to always find out about the "unscheduled" alerts we were gonna have, open up the chow hall, and when the klaxons went off at 0230 we could still go by and he would put into our hand 2 bacons strips, some scrambled eggs, all between 2 pieces of French toast - a true walkaway. Great at his job & knew why he was doin' it. I shook his hand firmly and to THAT kinda guy I will ever raise my glass.

This other thing... flush it.

wet dog
08-25-2011, 12:21
Out of the blue once I bumped into a guy I kinda recognized from a galaxy far away who somewhat sheepishly told me he was "just" a cook. Turned out he was the one who used to always find out about the "unscheduled" alerts we were gonna have, open up the chow hall, and when the klaxons went off at 0230 we could still go by and he would put into our hand 2 bacons strips, some scrambled eggs, all between 2 pieces of French toast - a true walkaway. Great at his job & knew why he was doin' it. I shook his hand firmly and to THAT kinda guy I will ever raise my glass.

This other thing... flush it.

The Mess Halll NCOIC knew within 30 sec. of the Bn Cdr deciding on which ODA he selected. I often had a msg, "how do you men want the steaks and vegatables prepared?"

We'd be packing, when the asset would enter the ISOFAC and announce, "...the Cdr is sending you boys out in 3 hours, ... hay, what are you guys doing?"

The cook is "the most important guy". No one can make a team feel better, so quickly, with the exception of seeing welcoming loved ones.

O.K., maybe an incoming Blackhawk landing to pick you up.

HOLLiS
08-25-2011, 18:07
Very enjoyable read. Thank you very much.

In 1995, a survey was done, it was determined that 13 Million American Males served in RVN.

Actually it was less than 3 million. Probably about 600,000 were trigger pullers.

The 13 million were not truck drivers, legs, cooks clerks, etc, They were SF, SEALS, SOG, RECON, Door gunners and snipers. Imagine if we had those 13 million people in RVN, we would have been in Moscow by Christmas.

Thank you again, for another one bites the dust

Hollis

USMC RVN 1969.

wet dog
08-25-2011, 18:31
Very enjoyable read. Thank you very much.

In 1995, a survey was done, it was determined that 13 Million American Males served in RVN.

Actually it was less than 3 million. Probably about 600,000 were trigger pullers.

The 13 million were not truck drivers, legs, cooks clerks, etc, They were SF, SEALS, SOG, RECON, Door gunners and snipers. Imagine if we had those 13 million people in RVN, we would have been in Moscow by Christmas.

Thank you again, for another one bites the dust

Hollis

USMC RVN 1969.

I once read that only 6% of soldiers in Vietnam carried a weapon, and of that number, few (percentage % wise), were in pitted battle.

I can not speak to the validity of the claim, I was not there. A few older than "I" FOGs were, maybe we should ask one of them.

WWII had a larger Infantry to support role, the Civil War, even higher. Assuming also world history will show a similar trend.

What is it today???? How many Hobbits???

HOLLiS
08-25-2011, 18:40
Wet Dog, I was told it was 10 -20%. I don't know. I used the 20% just to be on the safe side. Even with all the new technology, the % in the Marines is shrinking. I was 0353/0311, heck most do not even know what a 0353 was. It was phased out by the time I got into country.

wet dog
08-25-2011, 19:07
Wet Dog, I was told it was 10 -20%. I don't know. I used the 20% just to be on the safe side. Even with all the new technology, the % in the Marines is shrinking. I was 0353/0311, heck most do not even know what a 0353 was. It was phased out by the time I got into country.

Wow, 20% is higher than I thought.

By the way, thank you for your service, I've always enjoyed chatting with old Marines.

The Reaper
08-25-2011, 19:42

ONTOS Gunner, wasn't it?

TR

HOLLiS
08-25-2011, 23:16
Wow, 20% is higher than I thought.

By the way, thank you for your service, I've always enjoyed chatting with old Marines.

I can be very wrong on that %. For all the services combine it may be 6 %. I know we sure could have used more.

You are welcome. IMHO, those serving today need all the thanks they can get. Much respect to them.

ONTOS Gunner, wasn't it?

TR

Ontos Crewman. Great little vehicle. But at last all good things must end. So I had to walk for living and be a mule.

I knew a gentleman when I was kid, who was a Doughboy in WWI, he was also a office, his comment was, "Why walk, when you can ride." I tried.

BOfH
08-25-2011, 23:21
That is one fearsome looking vehicle, would not want to be downrange when those guns opened up. :lifter

HOLLiS
08-25-2011, 23:42
That is one fearsome looking vehicle, would not want to be downrange when those guns opened up. :lifter

Not good behind them either. The loader generally walked along side or road setting on top.

Auditor
08-26-2011, 18:13
David Oh,

I am sure you will get around to reading this once you are out of full-on damage control mode.

I was a Navy mechanic for 5 years. I made some lifelong friends during that time and I am very proud of my service.

Your actions are incredibly insulting to members of the Special Forces community, but they also affect every man and woman who put on the uniform regardless of branch or nature of service. You are a member of that community and you have brought discredit upon veterans in general, not just SF guys.

Good job, shithead.

Eagle5US
08-27-2011, 06:12
Here is the Ad he is supposed to be running.

Saturation
08-27-2011, 06:24
" I will try to be more attentive, respectful and clear in all my actions in the future."

Really?? That doesn't seem seem like a high threshold...:mad:

219seminole
08-27-2011, 08:29
He was a 2LT? I'm curious why he didn't make it to 1LT. No one I knew would have wanted to be discharged as a 2LT. Lack of promotion linked to failure to qualify?

wet dog
08-27-2011, 12:53
The added attention will only allow him to talk more, which might work to his advantage.

If the Philly crowd elects this guy, then we deserve what we have coming. Failure to elect honest officials will only speed forward our fall.

Let's quit making celebrities out of criminals.

PRB
08-27-2011, 13:23
Maybe we should chip in and buy him a free course at the American Defender shooting school....good chance he'd get wacked, besides, he'd really look 'cute' all chubby in that black ninja gear doing those hokey pokey dance moves ...

greenberetTFS
08-27-2011, 14:50
Maybe we should chip in and buy him a free course at the American Defender shooting school....good chance he'd get wacked, besides, he'd really look 'cute' all chubby in that black ninja gear doing those hokey pokey dance moves ...

:D:D:D

greenberetTFS
08-27-2011, 15:01
Oh just came out to state that there has been a big mistake, he was actually a Navy SEAL and he has the full support of former SEAL Officer Charlie Sheen! :rolleyes:

Tress
08-27-2011, 15:34
Originally posted by greenberetTFS:

Oh just came out to state that there has been a big mistake, he was actually a Navy SEAL and he has the full support of former SEAL Officer Charlie Sheen! :rolleyes:

Big Teddy

LOL. That was good Teddy, but you forgot the part about Uh-Oh having been the SEAL that pulled the trigger on OBL. :D

Tress

PRB
08-27-2011, 16:31
LOL. That was good Teddy, but you forgot the part about Uh-Oh having been the SEAL that pulled the trigger on OBL. :D

Tress

No fair..Obama killed Osama! I read it in the news!

casey
08-27-2011, 16:54
If the Philly crowd elects this guy, then we deserve what we have coming. Failure to elect honest officials will only speed forward our fall.

If they elect him ?

Remember brother, Philly is the town that elected a past mayor BECAUSE the media (just prior to election day) reported correctly that the FBI had placed a bug in his office, relative to a then ongoing corruption probe !! (I believe it was in the mayoral chair)

In certain (re:most) wards two things win elections - 1) WAM (walking around money) at the polls, or 2) the ability for our "disenfranchised" citizens to vote early - and often.