PDA

View Full Version : Georgia SF

ncart326
08-23-2011, 20:04
My 1SG told me the other day, during the senior leaders conference, the TAG stated that Ga was getting an SF unit. Just curious to know if anyone has heard anything.

Surgicalcric
08-24-2011, 11:42
There are several states vying for a company from 20th Group but according to the CDR the decision hasnt been made what state will get it.

I know Georgia has been pushing for sometime for Aco to be moved, especially since atleast 50% of the DMOSQ guys live in Georgia...

Crip

HardRoad
08-24-2011, 12:30
The last I heard, the decision hasn't been made - or at least hasn't been announced - yet.What I did hear, though, is that Georgia is a real long shot, primarily because the powers that be are concerned about a Georgia company cannibalizing QPs out of the Alabama and Florida guard.

The betting was running more to Kentucky or Vermont, but that was speculation, not inside information.

If you're interested in SF Guard, there are people who commute to drill in Florida and in Alabama from farther away than the Atlanta area . . .

head
08-24-2011, 13:00
The last I heard, the decision hasn't been made - or at least hasn't been announced - yet.What I did hear, though, is that Georgia is a real long shot, primarily because the powers that be are concerned about a Georgia company cannibalizing QPs out of the Alabama and Florida guard.

The betting was running more to Kentucky or Vermont, but that was speculation, not inside information.

If you're interested in SF Guard, there are people who commute to drill in Florida and in Alabama from farther away than the Atlanta area . . .

I knew a guy from Washington... (state!) who drills with FL. We had a guy from Hawaii drill in CA too.. and,no there is no travel reimbursement.

gagners
08-24-2011, 13:44

:munchin

I like your speculation, at least. haha

Badger52
08-25-2011, 13:50
The betting was running more to Kentucky or Vermont, but that was speculation, not inside information.Dang. Thought that maybe I'd scroll down and find out a company was coming up this way. Other than the typical Jun-Jul-Aug "look ma I'm out of school" season we've got 66,000 acres of play territory, all kinds of ranges, all 4 seasons, and lift assets around with a 10K foot runway down the road, DZ's, carpenters that'll build any "village" you want, local AAF, AAS up to C17, even some local Norwegian/Germanic partizan attitude... and outside the season mentioned above a savvy unit training planner could have any capability on this place to themselves and/or hide all they want.

Shucks. Maybe no one in Madison did enough shameless marketing, or the local beer & brat expertise.
:confused:

gagners
08-25-2011, 14:39
Shucks. Maybe no one in Madison did enough shameless marketing, or the local beer & brat expertise.
:confused:

Vermont happens to have the most breweries per capita in the nation (http://www.brewersassociation.org/pages/business-tools/craft-brewing-statistics/breweries-per-capita).

Just sayin'.

And our cheese is better :lifter

Badger52
08-29-2011, 18:17
Vermont happens to have the most breweries per capita in the nation (http://www.brewersassociation.org/pages/business-tools/craft-brewing-statistics/breweries-per-capita).

Just sayin'.

And our cheese is better :lifterOK, that one I'll give ya; the other is subjective. A little more maple syrup please...

:D

gagners
08-30-2011, 07:44
Our maple syrup dominance IS indisputable. haha

ndonahue333
08-30-2011, 12:52
I love the cheese.... but the syrup is euphoric! Gagners.... where are you from in VT?

gagners
08-30-2011, 13:17
ndonahue333-

Before you get jumped on, I would read the stickies and the welcome email you received. Post a welcome message.

I am from the NW corner, Franklin county area. You?

Surgicalcric
08-30-2011, 15:11
I suggest that if you guys want to talk about SF then continue. However if you are intent on continuing to talk about cheese and syrup take it to PM.

Crip

Renegade
02-02-2012, 12:29
Alcon,

I have spoken with the Georgia Army Chief of Staff about this. Former 10th Group. He said no. While AD is expanding the NGB is not.