PDA

View Full Version : David Oh Special Forces Fraud

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 16:55
David Oh

Professionalsoldiers.com is in possession of your official military records. And after close examination we have determined that you are not or ever were a member of the US Army Special Forces.

You may have tried but you never made it through the Special Forces Qualification course.

While someone in the 20th Group may have slotted you as an 18A you actually NEVER earned that title.

David Oh you are not or ever have been a Special Forces soldier, aka "Green Beret".

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 16:56
Clout: Military officers: Council hopeful Oh was no Green Beret
By Chris Brennan
Philadelphia Daily News

The short version of David Oh's political resume: The former city prosecutor enlisted in the U.S. Army National Guard, joined an elite Special Forces unit and then came home to run a law practice.

But two high-ranking military officers familiar with Oh's National Guard record say his claim to have been a Green Beret is bunk.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110819_Clout__Military_officers__Council_hopeful _Oh_was_no_Green_Beret.html?viewAll=y

albeham
08-20-2011, 18:53
TS your not only the man, but the only man...

This gent has no clue of the pain that moves towards him...

How do I help spread the word??? :lifter

ZonieDiver
08-20-2011, 18:55
I yearn, somewhat, for the post-Viet Nam days, when some did not covet that which was not theirs!

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 19:06
Oh to contest report of his military service
The City Council candidate says he is “preparing an official response” to a report that he exaggerated his military record.
By Bob Warner

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

City Council candidate David Oh on Friday contested a Philadelphia Daily News report that he misrepresented his military record by describing himself as an officer with the Army’s 20th Special Forces Group, an elite unit whose members are popularly known as Green Berets.

“That is not a misrepresentation,” Oh wrote Friday in a Facebook post. “I served as a 2nd lieutenant, 20th Special Forces Group [Airborne]. I provided documentation of my service.”

Oh added that he was “preparing an official response” to the Daily News front-page article, which quoted his former commanding officer accusing Oh of “stretching” his claim of having been a Green Beret. Oh declined to say anything more on the record Friday.

Oh, 51, a lawyer, is making his third run for an at-large Council seat. In the May primary, he was the top vote-getter among the Republican at-large candidates. Two of five GOP candidates are likely to win seats in November.

His current website describes his military service as follows: “In 1988, David resigned from his position as Assistant D.A. to enlist in the U.S. Army … [W]ith hard work and perseverance, he qualified for Officer Candidates School, was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant, and joined the U.S. Army Special Forces ( Airborne). During Operation Desert Storm, David was called to active duty, but before he was deployed, the war ended. He received an honorable discharge and returned to Philadelphia.”

The website’s only prominent reference to Green Berets is a video clip from Glenn Devitt, president of United Northeast Neighbors, with a quotation pulled out as a headline: “David Oh has served this nation as a Green Beret, served this city as an Assistant District Attorney and served his community as a community leader.”

The controversy is based on the stringent training required to become a Special Forces-qualified officer — when Oh was in the service, it involved completion of a three-week Special Forces assessment course followed by nine more months of training at Fort Bragg, N.C.

Oh was already an officer when he was assigned to the Special Forces unit for training. He went through the initial three-week assessment course but was not invited to continue at Fort Bragg.

“I was the Special Forces company commander at the time, and Mr. Oh was in my unit,” Col. James E. Croall, the commanding officer quoted by the Daily News, told The Inquirer on Friday. Croall said he had a group of about 40 recruits for the Special Forces qualification course.

“Some make it, but a higher percentage of guys don’t make it,” he said. “David Oh was attached to our company for training, but he was not Special Forces-qualified.”

Croall said soldiers have to complete the additional ninemonth training program to be considered Special Forces, with the right to call themselves Green Berets.

But Nicholas Panarella, a Philadelphia lawyer who served in Special Forces in Vietnam and who later became executive officer of the 20th Special Forces Group — part of the Maryland National Guard — defended Oh.

“I know Jim [Croall]. I recruited him, and I recruited David outside a Philadelphia courtroom,” Panarella said. “This is not a stolen-valor-type issue. We are not Green Berets, that is something we wear. We are Special Forces. … While David was in our unit he was fully qualified to wear the Green Beret. … He was never Special Forces-qualified, but he didn’t have to be.”

Panarella dismissed the story as “a nonissue.”

“David is a second-generation Korean American who defined his citizenship … as owing something to his country,” Panarella said. “After he became a lawyer, when he was already in his career progression at the D.A.’s Office, he gave the government a blank check that said, ‘payable in full, even including my death.’ That’s something to honor, that’s not something to degrade.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Oh_to_contest_report_of_his_military_service.html? cmpid=124488824

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 19:09
LOL, now I'm laughing, a Full COL (National Guard) telling the media David Oh was fully qualified to wear the Green Beret, but.........

"He was never Special Forces-qualified, but he didn’t have to be.”"

This must be a different US Army Special Forces........Airsoft maybe?;)

alelks
08-20-2011, 19:12
Someone needs to send them a picture of a pregnant female wearing a "Green Beret" and ask if she is "Special Forces".

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 19:27
Well that's a new one on me, obviously National Guard Special Forces and "active duty" Special Forces have two completely different views on Special Forces Qualification..........

I know, let's ask Special Forces Command if David Oh earned the right to wear the "Green Beret....................;)

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 19:39
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Oh_to_contest_report_of_his_military_service.html? cmpid=124488824

Go look at David Oh's comment. Nice word-smithing. David is sure a lawyer!

He admits he didn't go to the Q-Course, admits he was not Special Forces Qualified, but he dances around the fact he was an 18A. An 18A is a Special Forces Officer, of which David Oh was not, by his own admission.

So if I get a pilot uniform, wear the wings and state I was a pilot on paper does that make me a pilot?

This guy is a soup sandwich.

David Oh was never a Green Beret, never earned the right to wear one and whoever the idiot was that slotted David Oh as an 18A needs to have his med's checked.

rdret1
08-20-2011, 20:33
Maybe we should check on Nicholas Panarella as well. What actual Special Forces soldier would say something like that?

cat in the hat
08-21-2011, 00:46
Well that's a new one on me, obviously National Guard Special Forces and "active duty" Special Forces have two completely different views on Special Forces Qualification..........

I know, let's ask Special Forces Command if David Oh earned the right to wear the "Green Beret....................;)

last i checked we all go to the same Q course.

Richard
08-21-2011, 06:58
If David Oh had been in the active duty Army, this would not be an issue because he would have been assigned to the JFK Special Warfare Center and School (SWCS) as a student pending completion of training to become an 18A (Special Forces Officer) and then either assignment as such to an active Special Forces unit or, as in his case, reassignment as an Infantry Officer to an Infantry unit for failing to complete the 18A course.

However, being in the National Guard, David Oh was assigned to the duty position he was seeking to fill within the unit pending preparation by his unit for him to attend and complete the training for that job. In his case, it was an 18A duty position and he was listed as being "slotted" (carried on the unit's manning roster for unit strength reporting purposes) in that duty position even though he was not yet qualified to perform those duties.

However, for those who know and who complete the required training to earn the honor of being called a a Special Forces Officer or "Green Beret," David Oh did not complete the requirements and - like many - merely served for a period of time with a Special Forces unit...but was never a "Green Beret" or an 18A (a duty position on the unit's manning roster in which he was slotted for a period of time) as he seems to have alluded to over the years.

My resume and campaign literature say I was an Officer in the Special Forces. That is true and accurate. I openly tell people that I did not complete the Special Forces Qualification Course. However, that is not the issue or the accusation that was made towards me. The accusation was that because I did not complete the "Q course", I could not say that I was an Officer in the Special Forces. I provided the reporter with 2 documents which showed that 1. I was not attached for training as the Daily News article states... I was a member of the unit. When we were activated we all went to Ft. Bragg and started training and preparing to go overseas. 2. While I have never made public or private statements that I was special forces qualified, I had a change of duty from 11A (Infantry Officer) to 18A (Special Forces Officer) while at Ft. Bragg. Again, contrary to the Daily News article, I did not make any claims that that change of duty made me a "Green Beret". But the reporter wanted to know the significance of my job description which was standard 18A language for a Special Forces detachment officer. I truthfully told him that I was simply serving my country and did whatever the army and SF command told me. The reporter asked if the 18A made me SF qualifed. I said it means the army gave me a job to do. The reporter insisted on writing a story that, I wanted to be a "green beret", joined a National Guard unit, went through SFAS and was a 'non-select", and returned to Philadelphia to practice law. I told him that was not an accurate story. His editors decided to pull his story. The afternoon before the story ran, the reporter called me and told me he was going to print the same story. Of course, there is more to this story but the bottom line is that the reported wanted to write a story about me making false representations. That he can not do.

As an 18A, I was an "Officer in Special Forces" which means I was an SF qualified Officer who served as such in that duty position. David Oh was not an "Officer in the Special Forces" - he was an Infantry Officer either assigned to or serving with a Special Forces unit and being carried in an 18A duty position pending completion of the training required to fulfill that job. There is a distinction and David Oh well knows it.

For someone who either is or was truly Special Forces qualified, David Oh's lawyerly waffling on the subject and explanatory letter to The Inquirer rings patently hollow, and is an indicator IMO that he is not as honorable as he wants others to believe. Sad.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

sinjefe
08-21-2011, 08:59
If David Oh had been in the active duty Army, this would not be an issue because he would have been assigned to the JFK Special Warfare Center and School (SWCS) as a student pending completion of training to become an 18A (Special Forces Officer) and then either assignment as such to an active Special Forces unit or, as in his case, reassignment as an Infantry Officer to an Infantry unit for failing to complete the 18A course.

However, being in the National Guard, David Oh was assigned to the duty position he was seeking to fill within the unit pending preparation by his unit for him to attend and complete the training for that job. In his case, it was an 18A duty position and he was listed as being "slotted" (carried on the unit's manning roster for unit strength reporting purposes) in that duty position even though he was not yet qualified to perform those duties.

However, for those who know and who complete the required training to earn the honor of being called a a Special Forces Officer or "Green Beret," David Oh did not complete the requirements and - like many - merely served for a period of time with a Special Forces unit...but was never a "Green Beret" or an 18A (a duty position on the unit's manning roster in which he was slotted for a period of time) as he seems to have alluded to over the years.

As an 18A, I was an "Officer in Special Forces" which means I was an SF qualified Officer who served as such in that duty position. David Oh was not an "Officer in the Special Forces" - he was an Infantry Officer either assigned to or serving with a Special Forces unit and being carried in an 18A duty position pending completion of the training required to fulfill that job. There is a distinction and David Oh well knows it.

For someone who either is or was truly Special Forces qualified, David Oh's lawyerly waffling on the subject and explanatory letter to The Inquirer rings patently hollow, and is an indicator IMO that he is not as honorable as he wants others to believe. Sad.

And so it goes...

Very well put. That is the explanation that needs to be used to bust him out. Send it to his political opponents.

The Reaper
08-21-2011, 09:29

Go look at David Oh's comment. Nice word-smithing. David is sure a lawyer!

He admits he didn't go to the Q-Course, admits he was not Special Forces Qualified, but he dances around the fact he was an 18A. An 18A is a Special Forces Officer, of which David Oh was not, by his own admission.

So if I get a pilot uniform, wear the wings and state I was a pilot on paper does that make me a pilot?

This guy is a soup sandwich.

David Oh was never a Green Beret, never earned the right to wear one and whoever the idiot was that slotted David Oh as an 18A needs to have his med's checked.

I have orders awarding me an SF Tab and making me an 18A.

Does he?

TR

Pete
08-21-2011, 09:49
For colmurph.

PS.com has been aware of and tracking Mr Oh since May 2011. We don't "hijack" poser threads. In fact we drop many cases when they are busted out by others.

wet dog
08-21-2011, 10:01
I have orders awarding me an SF Tab and making me an 18A.

Does he?

TR

You also have orders saying you were to take command of a SF ODA, take command of a SF Battalion, and serves as a Special Forces soldiers for a period of "X" months in a command position and at the pleasure of the United States Army.

--------BT------------

Oh's record, poorly written. He should have just stated the truth.

"After completion of OCS, and IOBC (11A), I singed up for Special Forces. I attended SFAS, and was not selected to continue in the training 'pipe line'.

I returned home and continued my education and civilian practice, I'm currently running for public office. Please vote for me."

----------BT-----------

But that would not make much sense, since any news is good news, and it allows someone to talk more about themselves, which is what every politico is attempting.

Team Sergeant
08-21-2011, 10:09
For colmurph.

PS.com has been aware of and tracking Mr Oh since May 2011. We don't "hijack" poser threads. In fact we drop many cases when they are busted out by others.

And Professionalsoldiers.com sent for and are in possession of David Oh's military records since Jun 2011. Now colmurph, what might that suggest to you?

Let me tell you a Professionalsoldiers.com secret, at any given moment we are tracking a few dozen "suspected" Special Forces Frauds. Some turn out to be the real deal! Some like David Oh turn out to be frauds.

We don't "highjack" threads.

Team Sergeant

x SF med
08-21-2011, 11:46
What part of "NON SELECT" to continue training is hard to understand when discussing whether one has earned the right to call himself a Special Forces Soldier? If one is not selected to continue training in the QUALIFICATION Course, how does that individual earn the right to wear the Tab or call himself Special Forces.

Mr. Oh, your logic circuits are malfunctioning.

Team Sergeant
08-21-2011, 12:33
David Oh facebook page, he's calling us "sensitive".

http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Oh/129058423834067

You Special Forces soldiers, Please go and tell David Oh what you think of his using out title.

Team Sergeant

Edit to add: You must first "Like" the page before you can comment.

abc_123
08-21-2011, 12:38

That statement is horseshit, TS. And you know it.

As a current NG officer who has served over 21 years in total... 16 of those years being SF Qualified and associated with Active and NG SF. I cannot stand silent in the face of that statement...

I resent the broad-brush insinuation that just because someone is serving or has served in the NG that they somehow hold being Special Forces qualified somehow more cheaply than those who are currently "active duty" or those with active duty time that never served in the NG. The NG SF wounded don't deserve it, our dead don't deserve it and those that continue to stand ready in our formations, oftentimes needing to sign volunteer statements simply to be allowed to deploy with their units, don't deserve it.

Besides... if one were to read the article more closely the one person defending Oh, is never reported to be a COL. He is reported to be former SF in Vietnam who then served in 20th. So I guess we need to assume that some other groups beyond "National Guard Special Forces" have a different view of SF Qualification. Right?

Wrong. That would be as horseshit as the first generalization.

Eagle5US
08-21-2011, 12:42

As a current NG officer who has served over 21 years in total... 16 of those years being SF Qualified and associated with Active and NG SF. I cannot stand silent in the face of that statement...

I resent the broad-brush insinuation that just because someone is serving or has served in the NG that they somehow hold being Special Forces qualified somehow more cheaply than those who are currently "active duty" or those with active duty time that never served in the NG. The NG SF wounded don't deserve it, our dead don't deserve it and those that continue to stand ready in our formations, oftentimes needing to sign volunteer statements simply to be allowed to deploy with their units, don't deserve it.

Besides... if one were to read the article more closely the one person defending Oh, is never reported to be a COL. He is reported to be former SF in Vietnam who then served in 20th. So I guess we need to assume that some other groups beyond "National Guard Special Forces" have a different view of SF Qualification. Right?

I think he was being sarcastic...

Great pic of your Boxer BTW. I love Boxers:D

Team Sergeant
08-21-2011, 12:51

I didn't think I needed the pink font.......;)

I'm glad you're pissed. Now that we're on the same sheet of music I would expect the National Guard SF to rip this politician a new rear end.
20th Group needs to make a statement and explain how and why this clown was slotted as an 18A. And why he would NEVER be considered a Special Forces Officer, 18A or Green Beret.....

Roguish Lawyer
08-21-2011, 13:01
David Oh facebook page, he's calling us "sensitive".

http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Oh/129058423834067

You Special Forces soldiers, Please go and tell David Oh what you think of his using out title.

Team Sergeant

Edit to add: You must first "Like" the page before you can comment.

Highly entertaining material.

Richard
08-21-2011, 13:03
From David Oh's Facebook page:

As I was writing my response to the Newspaper, I suddenly realized what you are talking about. You are using Green Beret, as in SF Qualified, and I am using green beret, as in eveyone in the SF commuity regardless of SF Tab. You are using Special Forces officer as in SF Qualified Officer and I am using it as any officer who served in an SF unit. I simply listed my service on my resume and literature. It can easily say "Officer (not SF Qualifed), 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne)". Is this what this has been all about??? A simple note would have sufficed. I have many SF friends but no one mentioned it to me and I never thought of it any other way. Can be cleared up relatively quickly... new literature and such. This is such a non-issue. I am proud of my service without being SF Qualified. I did not intended to create any other impression. I hope that resolves your issue. My issue as I said is the election and the accusations from the reporter. You are operating at level of sensitivity to terms that almost no one else has. For the nuances in terms to the average reader, that we are talking about, accusations of fraud and misrepresentation of military service are unwarranted and improper.
That's about the biggest pile of weasel-worded equus hemionus hemionus waste materrial I've run across lately. :mad:

abc_123
08-21-2011, 13:16
I didn't think I needed the pink font.......;)

I'm glad you're pissed. Now that we're on the same sheet of music I would expect the National Guard SF to rip this politician a new rear end.
20th Group needs to make a statement and explain how and why this clown was slotted as an 18A. And why he would NEVER be considered a Special Forces Officer, 18A or Green Beret.....

Roger, Team Sergeant!:lifter

I'll close my eyes, hug myself, and imagine it is you.:p

I'll be all better in a minute.

Guy
08-21-2011, 13:44
You are using Green Beret, as in SF Qualified, and I am using green beret, as in eveyone in the SF commuity regardless of SF Tab. You are using Special Forces officer as in SF Qualified Officer and I am using it as any officer who served in an SF unit.WHAT THE F***?:confused::confused:

Stay safe.

sinjefe
08-21-2011, 13:51

Yeah, I read sarcasm also

Oh is dissembling. Making it sound as if their are many different interpretations of what SF means.

Eagle5US
08-21-2011, 13:51
WHAT THE F***?:confused::confused:

Dude is a politician AND a lawyer...:rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
08-21-2011, 14:28
I wonder where Glenn Devitt got that information? We all know David said he was NOT Special Forces Qualified.????????

Funny this is posted on David Oh's website:

"David Oh has served this nation as a Green Beret, served this city as an Assistant District Attorney and served his community as a community leader."
Glenn Devitt
President, United Northeast Neighbors

http://www.davidoh.org/

Roguish Lawyer
08-21-2011, 15:24

Yeah that is so messed up, especially the second part. ;)

Richard
08-21-2011, 15:39

You're stuttering again. ;)

Dusty
08-21-2011, 15:45
Good idea for a Deadliest Warrior episode.

2018commo
08-21-2011, 15:46

Well said Sir, and I suspected TS was stirring the pot.

I know and served with all three of the nitwits :cool: mentioned in the articles.

Oh was a happy go lucky Lt who never got qualified, he was a Protege of Nick Panarella, a CPT of 5thGp lineage and a low-life defense attorney who made a living defending the drug lords of Philadelphia. I am sure he saw Oh as a potential asset in the prosecutors office while he was trying to buy a company command. When he was not selected he packed his ruck and disappeared.
Oh fell off the ranks at the same time.
Croall (AKA Bigfoot) was of 7th Gp lineage and a good company commander, he was a COL when he retired and commanded the SOD during the invasion of Iraq. Croall and another unnamed Sr officer blew the whistle, Croall and the other Officer are 20th Gp.

At any time our 1379 was 130-140% and our Q was about 80%. We had to carry all the NQP's on our rolls. The only officer rolls on the MTOE for the Company were 18A's I suspect this is how Oh claims he was assigned as a 18A and given the out processing mess at the end of "The Great Disappointment" who knows what his 214 said.

The Guard SF is different as for the most part we recruit and grow our own. This is made even more difficult for states that have a lone line company without the build in support that a AA entity would have.

I am proud to have served 17 years, in the 20th Gp and to have worked with great AD and RC Soldiers.

This is not a NG problem but one of human nature.

RB
08-21-2011, 16:13
~whole post~

Well said and thanks for your service NG USSF GB! :lifter ~no sarcasm intended~

SF_BHT
08-21-2011, 18:01

Yeahhhhhh and not very good at either....:p

abc_123
08-21-2011, 18:08
All of that...

Nothing like hearing it straight from someone who has first-hand knowledge.

As Richard stated in an earlier post and you state here, the issue is that the NG does not have a TTHS account as does Mother Army. Everyone has to be assigned to a unit somewhere. You are going thru the SFQC, you are on some NG SF unit's books somewhere.

Currently the "best practice" is to leave potential SFers in their units until after they finish SFAS and then transfer in. All those bubbas go into the unit as non-quals and stay that way until they graduate and get updated in SIDPERS or fail and go back to wherever they came from.

Richard
08-21-2011, 19:46
This is a pic of David Oh from his Facebook page attending some event and doing what he claims he has not done - pretending to be a "Green Beret Officer."

And so it goes...

wet dog
08-21-2011, 20:26

abc_123
08-21-2011, 20:32
shitbag.

wet dog
08-21-2011, 21:27
Hey, quick question.

The last time I wore a beret, it had the SFA 10+ year crest, I was wearing also shorts, T-shirt, flip flops and I was busy opening beers for friends.

I'm ok with the uniform, right?

Guy
08-21-2011, 21:51
Dude is a politician AND a lawyer...:rolleyes:A couple of guys got killed!

Stay safe,

Guy

Team Sergeant
08-22-2011, 11:13
David Oh posted on his facebook page. He's attempting to act the victim.

David Oh, that was a huge mistake.

You might want to do some research on the "former" mayor of Atlantic City, Robert Levy. He also "pretended" to be a Special Forces soldier......

Now it is time we turn up the volume.

I wonder what the email address is for the PA. VFW and American Leigon?

Time we take this story to a national media level.........

CSB
08-22-2011, 11:37
This is a pic of David Oh from his Facebook page attending some event and doing what he claims he has not done - pretending to be a "Green Beret Officer."

That's not a Green Beret, that's the Pillsbury Dough Boy in a forest green "toque."

Richard
08-22-2011, 12:10
I wonder what the email address is for the PA. VFW and American Leigon?

VFW: http://www.vfwpahq.org/default2.htm

AmLegion: http://www.pa-legion.com/about/pa-leadership/

May want the local SFA Chapters to actively pursue this, too.

1stindoor
08-22-2011, 12:43
Nothing like hearing it straight from someone who has first-hand knowledge.

As I've said so many times before...nothing ruins a good war story...like an eye witness.

2018commo
08-22-2011, 12:55
Well said and thanks for your service NG USSF GB! :lifter ~no sarcasm intended~

Thanks Brother.

Roguish Lawyer
08-22-2011, 17:51
He just posted on his Facebook page that he's registering at SOCNET to have a discussion there. Kudos to Magician for really bringing the heat.

Team Sergeant
08-22-2011, 21:28
Tell me that David Oh was not pretending to be an Army Green beret........

Former Officer, U.S. Army “Green Berets”

David Oh, tell me you were not attempting to deceive the public and make them believe that you were in a fact a former Green Beret.

I keep receiving these sort of articles and palmcards. I'm going to make you famous David Oh, another SF Fraud.

abc_123
08-23-2011, 04:32
You know, It says on his website that former Gov Tom Ridge, the Phila. Inquirer, the Phila. Daily News, the Teamsters, Firefighters, Fraternal Order of Police all endorse David Oh. Heck, he even has a nun on there saying how great he is.

Wonder if any of them would want to know that he is a fraud.

Some probably don't care, but you never know, some might.

Dusty
08-23-2011, 04:34
You know, It says on his website that former Gov Tom Ridge, the Phila. Inquirer, the Phila. Daily News, the Teamsters, Firefighters, Fraternal Order of Police all endorse David Oh. Heck, he even has a nun on there saying how great he is.

The way most people of that caliber think, Oh's qualifications are impeccable-even Presidential.

casey
08-23-2011, 05:54
The way most people of that caliber think, Oh's qualifications are impeccable-even Presidential.

Ouch !!! ... hmmm ....never realized how dark it is under a bus.... :p

Richard
08-23-2011, 06:36
Today's Philly.com.

Oh offers tepid apology for Green Beret claim
DailyNews, 23 Aug 2011

DAVID OH, a Republican front-runner to win a seat on City Council this year, apologized yesterday to U.S. Army Special Forces members and former members angered at what they consider his overstated military credentials.

And Oh lashed out at the Daily News for our report Friday that his former commanding officer and another ranking military officer said he was not a Special Forces officer, as he has claimed in campaigns since 2003.

Oh insists that his "brief and uneventful" time in the 20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland Army National Guard gives him the right to make that claim.

"The men on this page attacking me are the men I admired and respected," Oh posted on a campaign Facebook page in response to several angry posts from people who identified themselves as Special Forces members. "They were real Green Berets. Therefore, they know rules, regulations and traditions that I do not."

Oh, who now refers to himself as a former Special Forces "candidate" because he did not complete the grueling training in 1991, said he has learned from a weekend of Facebook posts "that I have violated certain rules and traditions that I was not aware of. To that extent, I apologize to them and all Green Berets."

Oh's explanation has evolved since the Daily News first questioned his military record in an interview three weeks ago.

Oh first said he was not a "tabbed" Special Forces officer, referring to the uniform insignia worn to denote Green Beret status, but still considered himself part of the 20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland Army National Guard. He was assigned to the 20th during his training.

Then Oh said it was possible that he had been tabbed by his unit but did not know about it.

Finally, Oh said his unit designated him as a tabbed Special Forces officer when it assigned him to the role of detachment technician when the 20th Special Forces Group was called up to active duty in 1991 in preparation for a deployment to Iraq that never happened.

Oh, who told Facebook friends yesterday that he was going in for shoulder surgery, put up a post about 7 a.m. saying that he had never claimed to have been tabbed and had never posed as a Green Beret.

Here's a look at what he has said in campaign materials:

* On his current campaign website, Oh posted this quote from a civic-association leader: "David Oh has served his nation as a Green Beret, served this city as an assistant District Attorney and served his community as a community leader."

* In a current campaign Facebook posting labeled "Smart, Tough, Honest", Oh is pictured wearing a military green beret.

* An invitation to a Union League fundraiser with former Gov. Tom Ridge in May said that Oh "joined the U.S. Army Special Forces [Airborne]."

* In a 2007 campaign-literature piece available for download from Oh's website then, he listed himself as a "Former Officer, U.S. Army 'Green Berets.' "

* On his law firm's website in 2007, Oh's biography said: "David was a Lieutenant with the U.S. Army 20th Special Forces Group [a reserve Green Beret unit]."

* On his campaign website in 2003, Oh wrote: "I am proud to have served my country as an officer in the U.S. Army Special Forces [The Green Berets]."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110823_Clout__Oh_offers_tepid_apology_for_Green_ Beret_claim.html?cmpid=125459048

After reading his version of the truth ( :rolleyes: ) on his Facepalm page, SocNet, and the newspapers, I can only say that Mother Goose could use a writer like David Oh for new material to be added to her famous collection of fairy tales.

Dusty
08-23-2011, 06:54
I'll accept his apology if he'll get a full-color bust of Homer Simpson slapping his forehead tattooed on his cheek with the caption "D.Oh!!!".

Team Sergeant
08-23-2011, 10:24
Enraged, yeah, that seems fitting, we're enraged alright.

David Oh, You are using our title, a title we earned and a reputation we forged in blood.

You are parading around acting and giving the impression that you too have earned the title of Green Beret. That ends now.

Yeah, to say we're enraged might be fitting. Now it's our turn to settle the score and we will do so just as you did, in the media. The general public will now know of your lies and deceit.

I for one do not want your apology, in my opinion for what you have done there is no excuse. I ask no quarter and none will be given in return.

May God have mercy on you because I won't.
Team Sergeant

Tress
08-23-2011, 11:26
This seems to be the re-edited apology that SOCNET is going to accept and endorse though everyone there does not seem happy with it:

STATEMENT FROM DAVID OH

I apologize to the public for any confusion or misimpression I created which suggests that I served as a Special Forces qualified Green Beret or Special Forces Officer. I did not serve in such a capacity.

I proudly and honorably served the Nation as a 2nd Lieutenant assigned to a National Guard Special Forces unit during a time where the organizational headgear was the green beret, I was not Special Forces qualified. I was a Special Forces candidate throughout my service, including my active duty service at Ft. Bragg during Operation Desert Storm. My temporary coding as an 18A Special Forces Officer was for manpower purposes within the unit's NQP (Non-Qualified Personnel) company for Special Forces candidates and not for qualified A-Team members. While this may not seem important to people unfamiliar with the military, it is an extremely important distinction that I failed to make clear.

I am aware of the distinctions within the terms “Special Forces” and “Green Beret” but I did not properly maintain them over the years. My carelessness and lack of attention to detail was to my benefit and misleading to the public. It was disrespectful of those "Green Berets", Soldiers who are Special Forces qualified. These elite Soldiers serve, or have served, on a Special Forces A-Team or another capacity within the Special Operations Community. These are men I admire and respect, greatly. I have benefited from their camaraderie and failed to return the respect they deserve.

I sincerely apologize to the "Green Berets", the Special Forces Community, the US military, Veterans, and the voters of Philadelphia. I will return any contributions made to my campaign under the misimpression that I was "Special Forces", a "Green Beret" or a "Special Forces Officer". Though I served in the 20th Special Forces Group, I was none of these things. I release any organization which endorsed me under the same misimpression. I am running two full page ads to reach out to the public. I am reordering campaign literature and destroying existing ones that are unclear. I will review my websites, videos and other information sources to ensure that they are not misleading to the public.

I would not want to win this election with a cloud that I gained votes or money through deceit or vagueness.

I am proud of my honorable military service to my country. I ask for your forgiveness. I will try to be more attentive, respectful and clear in all my actions in the future.

Respectfully,

David Oh

Team Sergeant
08-23-2011, 15:03
David Oh has deleted everything from his public FaceBook page.

It's not over David Oh. I told you on your Face Book page I was going to make you and your Special Forces/ Green Beret claims famous.

I am a man of my word.

Jeff Hinton
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)

Roguish Lawyer
08-23-2011, 17:35
May God have mercy on you because I won't.

If we bring back the best quotes thing, this one's definitely going into the hopper.

Roguish Lawyer
08-23-2011, 17:35
I'll accept his apology if he'll get a full-color bust of Homer Simpson slapping his forehead tattooed on his cheek with the caption "D.Oh!!!".

and this one too

Snaquebite
08-23-2011, 18:09
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/cityhall/David-Oh-offers-2nd-apology-for-Special-Forces-claims.html

"I will pay for two full page ads apologizing to tabbed Green Berets, the military, veterans and the voters, for my lack of attention to detail when the knowledge was in my possession and the carelessness was to my advantage. I will offer to return any contributions and release any endorsements from those who supported me. I do not want votes or support under the cloud that I made misrepresentations in order to win."

He is still a POS and lieing...THAT'S EXACTLY WHY HE DID IT...

Eagle5US
08-23-2011, 18:10
The ads are supposed to contain the "concessions" that I edited for him and posted earlier.

We are waiting on that...especially since "sanitizing" his FB page...

Jgood
08-23-2011, 18:25
Tell him to post that apology on every piece of campaign material he passes out from here on out and make a LARGE contribution to SOWF because its the names of those who gave all that he ultimately stole..

magician
08-24-2011, 05:11
Gentlemen, thank you very much for your assistance in outing the poser David Oh.

I did not know that you had been tracking him for several weeks, or I would have waited before squeezing off my clackers.

We shall see what apology that Oh actually publishes.

We can always return to the Facebook page of the Daily News and hammer him some more there.

We also have copies that we made of the statements on Oh's Facebook page. It does not matter that he deleted them. We can post them all again as graphics.

If Oh reneges on his agreement to publish that apology, I will personally draft a letter of complaint to the state office that monitors attorney compliance with professional conduct. I have a personal friend who is a longtime attorney in Philly. He will assist me.

And I will assist any efforts that you gentlemen here wage to humiliate him further.

It is not as if Oh has not brought utter shame upon himself.

DOL,

m.
=

JJ_BPK
08-24-2011, 06:32
http://www.military.com/news/article/another-politico-flagged-as-sf-phony.html?ESRC=eb.nl

Bingo...

Job well done by all...

:lifter

Team Sergeant
08-24-2011, 06:50
Gentlemen, thank you very much for your assistance in outing the poser David Oh.

I did not know that you had been tracking him for several weeks, or I would have waited before squeezing off my clackers.

We shall see what apology that Oh actually publishes.

We can always return to the Facebook page of the Daily News and hammer him some more there.

We also have copies that we made of the statements on Oh's Facebook page. It does not matter that he deleted them. We can post them all again as graphics.

If Oh reneges on his agreement to publish that apology, I will personally draft a letter of complaint to the state office that monitors attorney compliance with professional conduct. I have a personal friend who is a longtime attorney in Philly. He will assist me.

And I will assist any efforts that you gentlemen here wage to humiliate him further.

It is not as if Oh has not brought utter shame upon himself.

DOL,

m.
=

Actually we were tracking him "months" prior to this situation.

David Oh I told you I'd make your Special Forces / Green Beret claims famous.

You deleted your/our facebook posts, I saw that coming. Doesn't matter, now every veteran in the country will know your name.

How do you like them apples?

Another Politico Flagged as SF Phony
August 24, 2011
Military.com|by Bryant Jordan

A Philadelphia city council candidate has apologized after a watchdog group outed him as a phony Army Special Forces officer.

Republican candidate David Oh claimed he was a Green Beret officer in 1988 before returning to Philly in the early 1990s and becoming a successful attorney. He leveraged his Army resume in politics, working for then-Mayor Ed Rendell and later Gov. Tom Ridge during a trade mission to South Korea.

But an online watchdog group that investigates claims of Special Forces qualifications uncovered evidence that Oh was never a tab-wearing Green Beret.

According to former SF Master Sgt. Jeff "JD" Hinton, Oh was authorized to wear a Green Beret while his unit supported the Special Forces, but that hardly makes him a Green Beret.

"During that time [Oh was in], everyone in the unit wore the Green Beret," Hinton said. "It was organizational headgear. That included cooks, truck drivers, lawyers, supply guys. ... That, however, did not make them SF cooks, SF truck drivers, SF lawyers, SF supply guys, or SF officers."

Oh is "parsing words for political gain," said Hinton, who runs the Web site ProfessionalSoldiers.com.

http://www.military.com/news/article/another-politico-flagged-as-sf-phony.html?col=1186032310810

abc_123
08-24-2011, 07:28

Everybody has to quote themeselves at least once, and this is a great opportunity for me to do it!

Well, evidently the FOP cares...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/city/FOP-to-Withdraw-Endorsement-of-David-Oh.html

"Looks like the political fallout is beginning over the controversy surrounding City Council candidate David Oh's military record.

Fraternal Order of Police President John McNesby tells PhillyClout that he has put a motion before the union's board of directors to withdraw their endorsement of Republican at-large City Council candidate Oh, who has spent the past several days struggling with a Daily News report that he overstated his military credentials...."

I wonder who else who is going to care next? Well not really, but I bet David Uh-Oh does!

Eagle5US
08-24-2011, 07:31
Let it begin... (http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20110824_Clout__Clout.html):munchin

Team Sergeant
08-24-2011, 07:37
The only thing worse than getting caught by one website full of Green Berets is getting caught by two websites full of Green Berets.......

Good job SOCNET and all those who weighed in. ;)

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
08-24-2011, 15:20
This is what we're talking about David Oh, misleading the general public. Now how about we talk to a few of the folks at that cocktail party and ask them if you were a Special Forces Officer......... what do you think they are going to say? You, David OH are nothing but fraud.
Team Sergeant

Cocktail in support of David Oh, Republican Candidate for Philadelphia City Council-At-Large
On August 11th, 2011 at 6:00pm

Union League of Philadelphia
140 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)

Category: Fundraisers

Event Website: Cocktail in support of David Oh, Republican Candidate for Philadelphia City Council-At-Large at Union League of Philadelphia

Details:

Invite you to attend a fundraising reception in support of David Oh, our next City Councilman At-Large. With Special Guest: Tony Szuszczewicz, Chairman, CEO and President of Polonia Bank David Oh is a former Philadelphia prosecutor and former US Army Special Forces officer. He is the Chairman of the Philadelphia Chapter of the 82nd Airborne Division Association and serves on the boards of Monte Jade Science and Technology Association: Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Nazareth Hospital, Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians, Nazareth Academy High School, Tribune Charities, Christian Street YMCA, and previously served on the boards of Community College of Philadelphia, Hahnemann University, First Commercial Bank of Philadelphia, Crime Prevention Association, Walnut Street Theater, WYBE Public Television, Mayors Commission on Literacy, Greater Philadelphia Urban Affaris Coalition, and many others. David finished first among nine candidates in the Republican primary. He is requesting your support to help win in November's General Election.

http://www.eventsinpa.com/event/E2021607683/cocktail-in-support-of-david-oh-republican-candidate-for-philadelphia-city-councilatlarge/

Roguish Lawyer
08-24-2011, 15:22
This is what we're talking about David Oh, misleading the general public. Now how about we talk to a few of the folks at the cocktail party and ask them if you were a Special Forces Officer......... you are nothing but fraud.
Team Sergeant

Cocktail in support of David Oh, Republican Candidate for Philadelphia City Council-At-Large
On August 11th, 2011 at 6:00pm

Union League of Philadelphia
140 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)

Category: Fundraisers

Event Website: Cocktail in support of David Oh, Republican Candidate for Philadelphia City Council-At-Large at Union League of Philadelphia

Details:

Invite you to attend a fundraising reception in support of David Oh, our next City Councilman At-Large. With Special Guest: Tony Szuszczewicz, Chairman, CEO and President of Polonia Bank David Oh is a former Philadelphia prosecutor and former US Army Special Forces officer. He is the Chairman of the Philadelphia Chapter of the 82nd Airborne Division Association and serves on the boards of Monte Jade Science and Technology Association: Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Nazareth Hospital, Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians, Nazareth Academy High School, Tribune Charities, Christian Street YMCA, and previously served on the boards of Community College of Philadelphia, Hahnemann University, First Commercial Bank of Philadelphia, Crime Prevention Association, Walnut Street Theater, WYBE Public Television, Mayors Commission on Literacy, Greater Philadelphia Urban Affaris Coalition, and many others. David finished first among nine candidates in the Republican primary. He is requesting your support to help win in November's General Election.

http://www.eventsinpa.com/event/E2021607683/cocktail-in-support-of-david-oh-republican-candidate-for-philadelphia-city-councilatlarge/

Good thing for him we have no members in Philly!

Dusty
08-24-2011, 15:30
Good thing for him we have no members in Philly!

You're right for now, Counselor. :)

Guy
08-24-2011, 15:41
Take a look at these photos and ask yourself...

"Why would an officer be wearing an SF DUI?"

Stay safe.

Roguish Lawyer
08-24-2011, 15:54
You're right for now, Counselor. :)

Pink text bro, we've got a whole bunch including some sweet LEOs. One of them threatened to have me chained to a statue of Frank Rizzo at the bottom of the Delaware River if I spoke another bad word about Chickie and Pete's crab fries! And some others still owe me on a bet . . .

Richard
08-24-2011, 16:15

Nice pics.

You know the guy's feces is watery when even his wife is wearing a paper bag over her head to keep from being recognized with this loser. ;)

wet dog
08-24-2011, 16:21
Aside from the public fall out, how does one explain to their families, "I lied."?

His son, (carrying the same last name), is asked, "wasn't your dad the guy....?"

Dusty
08-24-2011, 16:22
Nice pics.

You know the guy's feces is watery when even his wife is wearing a paper bag over her head to keep from being recognized with this loser. ;)

Should be mutual...:D

casey
08-24-2011, 17:24
Pink text bro, we've got a whole bunch including some sweet LEOs. One of them threatened to have me chained to a statue of Frank Rizzo at the bottom of the Delaware River if I spoke another bad word about Chickie and Pete's crab fries! And some others still owe me on a bet . . .

Back to your cave ... vile blasphemer..........

Mysterious how that FOP action was floored.........

mffjm
08-24-2011, 18:56
I'll be back in Philly in a couple weeks and be more than happy to have a little "chat" with David Oh. (I'm TDY with the FBI down near Fort Campbell for 2 weeks.) Also, I was at Bragg for DS1 and know exactly what Oh was (and was not).
Dave

Team Sergeant
08-25-2011, 08:50
This is what happens when you mislead people and pretend to be a Green Beret.
Team Sergeant

Posted on Thu, Aug. 25, 2011

Green Beret claim threatens David Oh campaign
By Bob Warner
Inquirer Staff Writer
City Council candidate David Oh is struggling with allegations that he embellished his military record, threatening his campaign in a race in which he was considered a front-runner just a week ago.

The Philadelphia Daily News reported Friday that Oh's former commanding officer disputed Oh's claim that he had been an officer in an Army Special Forces unit and was a former Green Beret.

Oh immediately contested the story, promising "an official response" within days. But the controversy has festered for nearly a week without an official statement.

Oh, who admits having misleading references on his campaign website, called The Inquirer on Tuesday to read a statement in which he apologizes to the public and the Green Berets "for any confusion or misimpression I created." He offered to return campaign contributions to anyone wanting money back.

But before finishing the statement, he said it still needed changes and promised to call back with a final version. On Wednesday, he failed to return repeated calls.

The fallout has escalated, ranging from dozens of Special Forces and other veterans expressing outrage on Internet message boards to a decision Tuesday night by Philadelphia's Fraternal Order of Police lodge to rescind Oh's endorsement.

continued:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/128360468.html

greenberetTFS
08-25-2011, 09:21
I think this is just the beginning of the end of Mr.OH's political future.... ;) Well,that's one down but I'm sure it's not the end of the posers,they seem to sprout like weeds lately........:( Good hunting TS...........:D

Big Teddy :munchin

Team Sergeant
08-25-2011, 10:11
David Oh's SF/GB claims may not have sunk him, but his lawyer speak, parsing his words and attempting to redirect & misdirect the Face Book and SOCNET conversation's clearly shows the type of person David Oh is and isn't. There's a reason David Oh deleted all the posts with us on his Face Book page, it was because he had a moment of clarity and realized we were the real Green Berets that came knocking at his door and that he was not going to fool us.

David Oh now has an understanding of how far we will go to defend the Honor of the Special Forces Regiment. And that will not allow some cheap politician to use our title and our reputation that we forged in blood for personal or political gain.

Some of David Oh's supporters think our treatment of David Oh is "harsh" and "mean". Those supporters make me smile. They have no idea how right they are.... There are plenty of others that think the same thing about us, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, dictators, drug cartels, terrorists, etc Yes, we can be harsh.

David Oh was given a chance to clear the air, instead he chose to delete, parse his words and attempt to redirect & misdirect our conversations with him.
That was very unintelligent.

This is how we respond.

Had David Oh actually gone through Special Forces training he would have realized one very important detail about us, "we never quit".

De Oppresso Liber,

Jeff Hinton
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)

Sonic03svtCobra
08-25-2011, 18:07
Another TURD of a politician claiming to be something he is not, goes to show his true colors and that he cannot be trusted, those people would be idiots to elect a person like that. :mad:

Jgood
08-25-2011, 19:56
Whenever I read this post or the other post about posers I hear the line from "Young Guns"

Billy the Kid "I'll Make You Famous"

Good job TS

Team Sergeant
08-26-2011, 10:47
"David Oh apologizes for Green Beret 'confusion or misimpression'"

David Oh you are the master of confusion, misdirection and deceit.

After reading article after article (dating back years), endorsements, campaign literature, internet bios, etc etc etc it is crystal clear you got a whole lot of political mileage using our reputation.

David Oh, 'confusion or misimpression' doesn't cut it. Deliberate and calculated misrepresentation is more like it.

Good thing you sanitized your Facebook Politician page, we sure would not want the good people of Philly to see what was written there.

David Oh you have no Honor, no Integrity and I think you are as stupid as a Fox for using our reputation.

How you look at yourself in the mirror each morning is beyond me.
Jeff Hinton

Posted on Fri, Aug. 26, 2011

Oh apologizes for Green Beret 'confusion or misimpression'
By Bob Warner

Inquirer Staff Writer
City Council candidate David Oh issued a formal apology Thursday for what he described as carelessness in describing his five-year stint in the Army National Guard - an issue that led some veterans to complain he was embellishing his military record.
Although Oh was assigned to a National Guard Special Forces unit, he said he should have been more careful as a candidate in his use of the terms Special Forces and Green Beret, both used to describe elite units whose combat soldiers typically have endured months of rigorous training.

"I apologize to the public for any confusion or misimpression I created which suggests that I served as a Special Forces-qualified Green Beret or Special Forces officer," Oh said in his statement. "I did not serve in such a capacity. . . . I was not Special Forces-qualified."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/128431878.html

Jgood
08-26-2011, 15:21
Screw him the more and more he talks the more and more angry I get...

Richard
08-29-2011, 11:21
This is what David Oh might have achieved if he hadn't been stopped - seems like similar personalities. :mad:

FYI - the article is a good read although the heading is misleading in that it makes it sound as if the issue is merely about wearing a uniform at a political event.

Senate Candidate McCalister Breaks Army Uniform Rule, Offends General And Vets
Miami Herald, 26 Aug 2011

Mike McCalister, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate, violated U.S. Army regulations by wearing his uniform to a political fundraiser — a move that further fuels the criticisms of veterans and service members who say he’s misleading voters to seem like more of a soldier than he ever was.

A retired colonel in the Army Reserve, McCalister has made his military record central to his campaign, launching the political newcomer into the top tier of Republican candidates.

But his website and campaign speeches have been full of so many strong-sounding claims that he’s now drawing fire from former subordinates, a high-ranking general at United Special Operations Command in Tampa and the veterans group Stolen Valor. The group obtained photographs of McCalister wearing his ceremonial uniform at Feb. 16 fundraiser, the Highland County Republican Party Lincoln Day Dinner.

“The retiree is not authorized to wear his uniform to political events,” said U.S. Army spokesman Troy Rolan. He cited regulations that say current and former service members should wear the uniform only to ceremonial events, such as Memorial Day.

“This is inappropriate,” said Ed Maxwell, a Jensen Beach Vietnam veteran and member of Stolen Valor, a nonpartisan group of vets committed to blowing the whistle on candidates who misrepresent their service.

“He’s exploiting his military service and he’s embellishing it. It’s improper,” Maxwell said. “It [the uniform] shouldn’t be used in a political setting. It shouldn’t be used for commercial purpose.”

Maxwell, like nearly all of McCalister’s military critics, is a Republican who’s not supporting one of the other candidates, including Adam Hasner, George LeMieux and Craig Miller.

McCalister, 59, has refused to answer specific questions from reporters and Stolen Valor about his record. His campaign called Stolen Valor a “front group” but failed to provide any evidence.

After vets complained, his campaign changed his website to no longer say he was a “special operations colonel” — a nonexistent title that could lead someone to believe he was in the Special Forces. He wasn’t.

McCalister had also claimed he once “testified before Congress” on a national security matter. He then claimed he never said he testified. After The Miami Herald noted the misstatement by producing video, he issued a letter to supporters saying he was being nitpicked.

“Although I didn’t recall saying it when asked by the reporter, I did say that I testified,” McCalister admitted. He went on to say that, when he served at SOCOM at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, he accompanied Lieutenant Gen. W. P. Tangney, to a hearing as an expert.

“I sat under the bright Capitol lights with General Tangney, who relied upon my research and counsel to give accurate testimony to Congress,” McCalister wrote. “Although I wasn’t the person sitting behind the microphone, my position on the team was integral to the mission and I considered it our testimony, and the testimony of the United States military, which I so proudly served in for 33 years."

Tangney, however, doesn’t remember it that way — and he barely recalls McCalister.

“He could’ve been in the back of the room someplace holding a briefcase. There were no ‘bright lights.’… It’s a gross embellishment and exaggeration, if he was indeed even there,” Tangney said. He said McCalister’s statement “sounds like he had a position of prominence and importance. And he didn’t.”

Tangney, now retired and living in South Carolina, said he didn’t remember McCalister, who noted in yet another press release that the general and others praised him in a 2002 evaluation report calling for his promotion.

Army Major Gen. Eldon Bargewell and Army Lieutenant Gen. Bryan D. Brown also said they barely recall McCalister, who cited snippets of their praise in the press release. Like Tangney, they said, they didn’t directly supervise McCalister. Two other generals, Marine Brigadier General Dennis Hejlik — whose last name McCalister misspelled in his press release — and Navy Vice Admiral Eric Olson, couldn’t be reached for comment.

Tangney said he heard McCalister’s name about a week and a half ago when a high-level officer in Tampa who served under the general told him that there was “this flake… apparently claiming he had done things that didn’t ring true with people in the community.”

For instance, McCalister has repeatedly said he was involved in “black ops” and has seen “scary things.” But he never served in combat and was really a “paper pusher,” said Jeffrey Shera, a former sergeant major who served in Special Forces. Shera said he worked with McCalister from about 2001 to 2003.

“Anything he said associated with black ops is not the truth,” Shera said.

He said McCalister was in charge of a team evaluating fire-and-training range capacity, and “most of that work was done by a Marine reservist major who worked for him. McCalister spent most of his time going to the MacDill Air Force Base gym and sitting at the juice bar at the time.”

On McCalister’s first day on the job at MacDill, McCalister wore the wrong cap to work, Shera said. He said the first time he met McCalister made him suspicious because the then-lieutenant colonel wore a name badge that said “Mike McCalister, PHd.”

Shera researched McCalister’s record and found he obtained the higher-education degree from a correspondence school.

Another co-worker, Kat White, said McCalister was good at delegating responsibilities and at climbing the ladder of promotions, going so far as to outmaneuver a well-respected colonel in the office.

“If you get in his way, he will step on you,” said White, who was then an executive assistant to McCalister’s supervisor. She also said McCalister was told to “stand down, cut it out” when he tried to describe himself as an office “director” of the team that oversaw range reviews.

When McCalister started making waves in the office, they said they checked to make sure he hadn’t served in Special Forces or in combat. Maxwell, the Stolen Valor vet, analyzed McCalister’s record and said there’s a good chance McCalister enrolled in the National Guard to avoid being drafted in the Vietnam War in 1971.

Stolen Valor also noted that his active duty service was about 3½ years and was “extremely limited” to training, though he suggests on the campaign trail that he actively served for longer periods as a “combat arms officer.”

Maxwell and fellow members of Stolen Valor aren’t the only ones offended by McCalister’s decision to attend a fundraiser in his military uniform. Every former military officer interviewed by The Miami Herald said high-ranking officers should know better.

Though the regulations prohibit the wearing of the uniform to partisan political events, there’s no real penalty — unless McCalister continued to do it after an officer with higher rank complained.

General Tangney said he wasn’t too surprised with McCalister’s situation, however.

“It is not all uncommon with these guys in the reserve components to blow themselves up to be a hero that they never were and never could be,” he said. “This is just nothing but a case of someone claiming what they’re not for personal and political gain.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/26/2376091/senate-candidate-mccalister-breaks.html

Pete
08-29-2011, 11:29
Nice reading a story where I know two of the key talkers.

Gen Tangney was the Bn CO of 3/5th and Shera was a SSG on the same team with me.

I'd take their word over McCalister any day any time.

Team Sergeant
09-07-2011, 08:59
Funny that the only time these guys are "sorry" is when they get caught.
David Oh you are a liar and a fraud and have been caught red-handed using our reputation for political gain. And while you can fool the sheeple you're not fooling us. I'm not done with you yet.
Team Sergeant

David Oh’s Speedbumps, Courtesy of PhillyClout
By Brittany Foster, Contributing Writer

Thanks to PhillyClout’s Chris Brennan, everyone now knows that City Council candidate David Oh was not a Green Beret.

The Daily News reporter broke the news in mid August that despite Oh’s claims for the past eight years that he was a Special Forces Green Beret, his commanding officers state that claim is entirely false and a huge stretch from the truth.

Initially, Oh bashed the Daily News for publishing the piece and that due to prerequisite training that Oh received; he was indeed a Green Beret. Since then, he has apologized twice for his misstatements and Chris Brennan has covered every development. Now, there are whispers of a new story to break soon.

Update: Oh told PoliticsPA that the heart of the matter is an “honest mistake” that has been exaggerated by the press. In the late 1980s, Oh served in the 20th Special Forces Group, a reserve unit district from the U.S. Special Forces (the Green Berets). Oh says that the terminology by which Special Forces units refer to themselves has changed. He has made two public apologies to military officials that he believed to have offended with his mistake. He went on to say that Brennan has blown the Special Forces issue out of proportion.

“He photoshopped a green beret onto my head backwards. That’s not me. I’m not a faker.”

continued:

http://www.politicspa.com/david-oh%E2%80%99s-speedbumps-courtesy-of-phillyclout/27489/

greenberetTFS
09-07-2011, 12:49
General Tangney said he wasn’t too surprised with McCalister’s situation, however.

“It is not all uncommon with these guys in the reserve components to blow themselves up to be a hero that they never were and never could be,” he said. “This is just nothing but a case of someone claiming what they’re not for personal and political gain.”.....

McCalister ia a Liar and Fraud........:mad: These posers just prove that the more things change the more they stay the same........:mad: MF's are like weeds,no matter how hard you keep trying to get rid of them,they just keep coming,and coming ,and coming!......:mad:

wet dog
09-07-2011, 13:31
But that would not make much sense, since any news is good news, and it allows someone to talk more about themselves, which is what every politico is attempting.

I'm quoting myself,...from a previous post.

but from the linked article recently attached, Oh is favored to win.

“I’m not rooting for or against David Oh’s campaign. I’m covering it in a political column.”

Oh, who placed first in May’s GOP primary for Council at-large, remains a favorite for one of the two spots. Featherman says that “it would take an act of God for David Oh to lose.”

abc_123
09-07-2011, 22:36

“It is not all uncommon with these guys in the reserve components to blow themselves up to be a hero that they never were and never could be,”

I am in the Reserve Component, and have not, am not, nor will not blow myself up to be a hero I never was or could be. I'm just serving like I have done for over 20 years.

Evidently people like me are uncommon in the Reserve Component. Wow, I never knew...

I for one, can hardly wait for the good General's next bit of wisdom. :rolleyes:

2018commo
09-08-2011, 04:10
I am in the Reserve Component, and have not, am not, nor will not blow myself up to be a hero I never was or could be. I'm just serving like I have done for over 20 years.

Evidently people like me are uncommon in the Reserve Component. Wow, I never knew...

I for one, can hardly wait for the good General's next bit of wisdom. :rolleyes:

The General must have missed the "One Army Policy" briefing...

koz
09-08-2011, 08:44
I think Tangeny should look at the pow network and all the active duty posers. In fact looking at their database, the majority of posers are ACTIVE duty or were never is service.

Posers are posers - doesn't matter if they're active, reserve, NG, or civilian- they're all the same....

Team Sergeant
09-08-2011, 11:48
David Oh, liar, fraud and now politician......

Politicians Caught in a Lie
Can they recover? Not if they sound like David Oh

Posted on 9/8/2011 at 9:39AM

I’m fascinated by lying. Though I like to think I don’t do it. You’ll note that I didn’t just say I don’t lie. Much better to take the safer route of what I like to think about myself. Headed toward honesty—but not nailed to the cross with every word.

But what happens if you’re a public figure, a politician, and you get caught in a lie? How do you get around that? Can you? Does it depend on the magnitude of the lie, or just the fact of it?

David Oh is a Republican at-large candidate for City Council. He made a pretty big mistake, claiming he was once a Green Beret. He never was—Oh washed out of the training. Now, I know very little, really, about David Oh. The Republican thing is a problem for me, but maybe I could still vote for him.

David Oh wiped out that possibility in a big apology ad he ran in the Daily News last week. I read it, and I reread it. I kept getting stuck, on words like “confusion” and “misimpression” and my favorite: “lack of attention to detail.”

Here’s how Oh first screwed up: Back in 1988, he was an assistant district attorney in Philadelphia. Oh resigned to enlist in the Army and landed in a reserve unit of the National Guard in Maryland, as a second lieutenant. Right about there, the story he’s been telling the past few years parts from the real one: Oh’s unit was activated in ’91 for Operation Desert Storm and assigned to Fort Bragg; he went through a three-week assessment course for Special Forces training, but didn’t get picked for the actual training; that takes several months. Oh got trapped by what he wanted us to think he was—a full-fledged Green Beret. It never happened.

That didn’t stop him from claiming for some time on his website and in campaign literature that he was a Special Forces guy. There he was in a Facebook campaign posting, wearing the beret: “smart, tough, honest.” He’s made the claim for quite some time.

Finally Oh got called out this summer by the Daily News. He hemmed and hawed, and then finally took out the DN ad last week. In it, he lets us know just how complicated these distinctions are: “I was a Special Forces candidate throughout my service, including my active duty service at Fort Bragg during Operation Desert Storm. My temporary coding as an 18A Special Forces Officer was for manpower purposes within the unit’s NQP (Non-Qualified Personnel) company for Special Forces candidates and not for qualified A Team members. While this may not seem important to people unfamiliar with the military, it is an extremely important distinction that I failed to make clear.”

That gobbledygook boils down to: Not an actual Green Beret. And this is where Oh’s lament gets really interesting. He goes on to write:

“I am aware of the distinctions within the terms ‘Special Forces’ and ‘Green Beret,’ but I did not properly maintain them over the years. My carelessness and lack of attention to detail was to my benefit and misleading to the public.”

So there it is, the death knell, his covering-up-Watergate-is-actually-worse-than-Watergate moment: In his own apology, David Oh can’t call a spade a spade. To “maintain” the glowing “distinctions within the terms ‘Special Forces’ and ‘Green Beret’”—pretty high-minded, but what the hell does that mean? Then he really goes off the rails with “to my benefit and misleading to the public.”

Yeah. You lied to us.

It’s an interesting question. How far down the path of deceit is too far to come back from? My vote would be, when you’re still trying to weasel around a lie at the moment you claim you’re ’fessing up. That’s when I’m done with you.

Please. Stop with the “I will try to be more attentive, respectful and clear in all my actions in the future.” How about when you lie, and it gets pointed out to you, and you’re trying to save your political ass, you say: “I lied. It was wrong, and I’m ashamed of it. I’m sorry.”

Maybe that wouldn’t work either. But maybe, maybe, we would at least believe you.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2011/09/08/politicians-caught-lie/

Slantwire
09-08-2011, 13:36

"Why would an officer be wearing an SF DUI?"

Stay safe.

I did notice that. I also noticed the standard "I'm an Asian girl" hand signal he did in your third picture. Asian guys do something different with their hand when they pose (for the countless pictures the girls take).

Team Sergeant
09-08-2011, 14:26
At 2:33 David Oh states he:

"Joined the Green Berets"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy7VOsjHqVM

David Oh forgot the part that he was infantry. He also forgot the part that he failed to join the Green Berets.

David Oh, you're a liar and a fraud.

Someone copy this video for me.
Thanks.
TS

Eagle5US
09-08-2011, 15:04

David Oh forgot the part that he was infantry. He also forgot the part that he failed to join the Green Berets.

Thanks.
TS

Downloaded...it's 18.3 mb

greenberetTFS
09-08-2011, 15:22

Thanks.
TS

TS,

David Oh isn't going to stop stating he was an SF officer.......Never........What we should consider doing is send everything we have on him to his opponent(Check to see if he's a decent guy,ask CSB,he's never let us down) and if he is,then we should consider giving him our SF endorsement.......Just Thinking.....;)

Team Sergeant
09-12-2011, 19:36
More Questions About Oh Army Claims
Updated: Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 8:14 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 7:03 PM EDT

Philadelphia Republican city council candidate David Oh is back in the spotlight as new questions arise about the description of his military service.

Oh is, in fact, an Army veteran. But as is sometimes the case, it's the description of military service that gets a candidate in trouble.

Oh has already faced questions about claims that he was a Special Forces Green Beret.

Now, Fox 29 has learned of another question: about Oh's service during Operation Desert Storm.

Operation Desert Storm was the response to Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait. It didn't last long: it began in August of 1990, and was over by February in 1991.

An invitation to a David Oh fundraiser at the Union League in August, organized by Citizens For David Oh, claimed Oh, "served in Operation Desert Storm as a second lieutenant."

The claim was under the candidate's biography.

Fox 29 asked would-be voters how they'd interpret the claim, "served in Operation Desert Storm Storm."

"Ummm, Iraq. I assume they're in Iraq,” said one person.

"Desert Storm- that sounds like- like a place that's far away. Yeah, doesn't sound too close to home,” said another.

"Overseas. If you served in the operation, it implies- at least to me- that you took part in the actual operation,” said another person.

But if you check Oh's campaign website, the story is a little different.

Under the heading "About David," the bio reads, “during Operation Desert Storm, David was called to active duty, but before he was deployed, the war ended."

In other words, Oh served in the military at the time, but never left his base in North Carolina.

Zack Stalberg of the watchdog group Committee Of 70, served in Vietnam.

"I think from a campaign standpoint, it's likely to become a very big deal,” he says. "Veterans in particular do not like the idea that someone is in any way exaggerating their service. …even if it's by implication."

Fox 29 reached out repeatedly to Oh for his explanation of the wording in that fundraising invitation and we did not receive an answer.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/more-questions-about-oh-army-claims

Team Sergeant
09-12-2011, 19:52
David Oh the master of embellishment, exaggeration, overstatement, hyperbole and just flat out lying.

More news media are catching on to the David Oh "story". Soon you and your false claims will make national news.

I hope no one copied all the Face Book pages you deleted from your account. That would look real bad in public view.

I wonder how long it will be before more organizations take back their endorsement for David Oh.

Lie about being a "Green Beret" you enrage a very small community, no big deal right. Now you've been found wanting again, this time your tall tales will enrage a much larger community.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. David Oh you are about to learn a lesson "the hard way."
TS

greenberetTFS
09-13-2011, 05:46
Downloaded...it's 18.3 mb

Eagle5US,

I didn't see David Oh's name on getting his shirt delivered...:rolleyes: Musta missed his order, boy is he going to be pissed at you...;):D

Eagle5US
09-13-2011, 05:52
Eagle5US,

I didn't see David Oh's name on getting his shirt delivered...:rolleyes: Musta missed his order, boy is he going to be pissed at you...:D

I'm waiting to be a guest speaker at his next fundraiser so I an deliver it to him personally. :rolleyes:

greenberetTFS
09-13-2011, 06:00
I'm waiting to be a guest speaker at his next fundraiser so I an deliver it to him personally. :rolleyes:

;) :D

alright4u
09-13-2011, 07:31
TS,

David Oh isn't going to stop stating he was an SF officer.......Never........What we should consider doing is send everything we have on him to his opponent(Check to see if he's a decent guy,ask CSB,he's never let us down) and if he is,then we should consider giving him our SF endorsement.......Just Thinking.....;)

It appears that is all he ever was. He never was SF qualified. Being carried on a roster a CO, Det A-- does not make one SF qualified. I will refrain from any NG SF comments as things have changed with the Army's mission since I last picked up NG and Reserve teams going to Germany at Logan airport.

Team Sergeant
09-13-2011, 09:11
David Oh had nothing to do with Desert Storm but Desert Storm appears in his bio. Funny that.

David Oh never served as a "Green Beret" but that too appears in his bio, endorsements, fund raising invitations etc.

Soon the Philadelphia GOP is going to start feeling the heat created by David Oh .....

As I've said, I'm not done with you David Oh.

TS

abc_123
09-14-2011, 05:57
Deleted. Missed TS's original post. I got to the story via the phillyspeaks blog.

Team Sergeant
09-23-2011, 08:50
Green Beret Fake and fraud, David Oh now has his attorney's threatening to sue media outlets.

I'm very disappointed Professionalsoldiers.com didn't receive a threatening email from David Oh's attorney...... very disappointed.

"For your information, Mr. Oh is an Asian American Republican running for office in the upcoming election, in a city with a rapidly growing Asian American population."
http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/clout/130406043.html

I like the above line, makes me smile. Did anyone here realize that David Oh was Asian American? Holy SE Asia! I never noticed. Must have been covered up by the fact David Oh was wearing a "Green Beret"....

For those media outlets that have been contacted by David Oh's attorney I'll be happy to testify (free of charge) against David Oh and his "Green Beret & Special Forces" claims.

And David Oh, I'll bring my "Green Beret" with me so you can see what a "real" one looks like.
Team Sergeant

Clout: Oh complains about News coverage
By Chris Brennan
Philadelphia Daily News

DAVID OH is dancing a political two-step when it comes to our reporting on his misleading claims to have been a Green Beret.
The Republican City Council at-large candidate published two full-page ads in the Daily News apologizing for "any confusion or misimpression" he created with those claims in his campaigns.

But then Oh's attorney sent the Daily News a letter demanding an apology and retraction of the column that revealed the details of Oh's military service.

Oh's attorney curiously injects race into his letter, writing: "For your information, Mr. Oh is an Asian American Republican running for office in the upcoming election, in a city with a rapidly growing Asian American population."

Oh, who called himself a Green Beret in campaign materials this year and in 2007 and 2003, was assigned to a Special Forces unit for training in the early 1990s. He failed to complete the training.

His attorney notes that Oh had a military designation as a Special Forces officer.

Oh, in his published apology, says that was a temporary military designation, making him a "Special Forces candidate," not a qualified Green Beret.

Cont:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/clout/130406043.html

Dusty
09-23-2011, 08:56
:D:D:D:D Git some!

Pete
09-23-2011, 10:40
Ah, I guess SFAS worked in his case.

Culled another Fruitcake out of the herd for sure.

His metal issues are, well, astounding.

Hey, you Republicans up there, just what in the Hell is your problem. Cut that nut free.

Sonic03svtCobra
09-24-2011, 17:04
I though we flushed this turd already? Floated to the top of the toilet again!:rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
10-07-2011, 08:09
Seems the Philly.com newspaper has written a retraction (below).

I'm in possession of David Oh's military record and I think the philly.com newspaper is wrong on this one, looks to me that Daivd Oh might have spent a little over a "YEAR" assigned to a "Special Forces" unit.

3 1/2 years, LOL...... I guess it's time to post David Oh's military records......

"A story Monday did not fully describe the military experience of Republican City Council candidate David Oh. He served for 31/2 years with the U.S. Army Special Forces National Guard, though he was not Special Forces qualified."

http://www.philly.com/philly/about/corrections/131302794.html

Snaquebite
10-18-2011, 18:18
BY CHRIS BRENNAN
Philadelphia Daily News

brennac@phillynews.com 215-854-5973

A GROUP of veterans yesterday called on voters to reject David Oh, a Republican running for City Council at-large, due to his misleading claims about being an Army Green Beret.

Joe Eastman, a Navy veteran who organized the Philadelphia Independent Veterans Association, said Oh had embellished his military record for political gain.

The group, which met outside the Municipal Services Building, across from City Hall, to denounce Oh, was not impressed with the two full-page ads he bought after the Daily News first reported in August about his military record.

"We want to cut through the nuance, the lawyer-speak and everything else," said Eastman.

John Murphy, a retired colonel in the Army Special Forces and a Vietnam veteran, said Oh "quibbled" in his apologies and should never hold elected office.

More here: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/city/132033328.html

Team Sergeant
10-19-2011, 09:07
It's amazing this lowlife is still in the race. Then again these are the very same people that endorse, love, support michael vick................

There are bottom feeding scumbags and then there are people that love & support bottom feeding scumbags...... I think Philly is full of both.

Vets Rip Candidate on Green Beret Claim
October 18, 2011
Philadelphia Daily News|by Chris Brennan
A group of veterans yesterday called on voters to reject David Oh, a Republican running for City Council at-large, due to his misleading claims about being an Army Green Beret.

Joe Eastman, a Navy veteran who organized the Philadelphia Independent Veterans Association, said Oh had embellished his military record for political gain.

The group, which met outside the Municipal Services Building, across from City Hall, to denounce Oh, was not impressed with the two full-page ads he bought after the Daily News first reported in August about his military record.

"We want to cut through the nuance, the lawyer-speak and everything else," said Eastman.

John Murphy, a retired colonel in the Army Special Forces and a Vietnam veteran, said Oh "quibbled" in his apologies and should never hold elected office.

"This isn't about politics," said Murphy, of Cherry Hill. "I'm a Republican and I would have liked to seen him make it. But when he made his false claims about being a Green Beret, that just blew it for me."

Oh did not respond yesterday to a request for comment. In a candidate forum at WHYY last night, he said: "I did not misrepresent my record for political gain."

Oh was assigned to the 20th Special Forces Group when it was called up to active duty during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Oh was not deployed and spent that time at Fort Bragg in North Carolina, trying to complete the Special Forces training. He finished the three-week assessment and selection course but was not chosen to continue on to the qualification course. He was eligible to retry the first course but chose not to.

Oh, who has referred to himself as a Green Beret in campaigns for Council in 2003, 2007 and this year, apologized in his ads for "any confusion or misimpression" that his claims created.

He then demanded a retraction and apology from the Daily News for the reporting on his record that prompted his apologies.

Last week he ran ads in the Daily News and Inquirer touting his endorsement by the United Veterans Council of Philadelphia.

Gary Seifert, the commander who leads that group, said he took at "face value" Oh's explanation that his record was being overblown by political opponents.

"We could be wrong," he said. "He seems like a likable guy."

http://www.military.com/news/article/2011/vets-rip-candidate-on-green-beret-claim.html

rdret1
10-20-2011, 12:09
"We could be wrong," he said. "He seems like a likable guy."

By all accounts, Ted Bundy seemed like a likable guy.:rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
10-20-2011, 13:30
Can David Oh Still Win a Philadelphia City Council Seat?
Despite controversy over his military service, the Republican is still in the running

PATRICK KERKSTRA
Posted on 10/20/2011 at 10:13AM

A little more than four years ago, when the city’s weak-kneed Republican machine was still thought to be firmly in the grip of Michael Meehan, a GOP City Council candidate named David Oh entered the stage and started doing things that were, for a Republican council candidate in this city, very, very strange. For one, he had ideas. Actual policy proposals. By the dozen, in fact. What’s more, they were novel and interesting ones. He went out there and endorsed the creation of an arts and entertainment district where clubs and bars could stay open 24 hours a day. Philadelphia’s future, he said, was as an international hub. He was out there proposing special free-trade zones, for crissakes.

Given the GOP’s pathetic tradition in Philadelphia, Oh’s 2007 candidacy was a revelation. Here was a guy from the Republican party who might actually be a contributor on council. And he almost won, despite the party’s opposition to his candidacy. Oh lost to incumbent GOP Councilman (and overall waste of space) Jack Kelly by 122 votes.

Fast forward to 2011. Meehan’s control of the GOP is being hotly contested by a band of Republican malcontents, and Oh—who almost showed Meehan up in 2007—is in the catbird seat. Oh cruised through the May primary, winning more votes than any other GOP council candidate. He seemed set to become the first Asian to serve on City Council.

But then things got messy. In August, Chris Brennan reported in the Daily News that Oh—who during his council campaigns had called himself a Green Beret—had never actually completed the required training and been formally accepted into the special forces. Had Oh ‘fessed up then to embellishing his record, the problem would have likely gone away. After all, he had trained with a special forces unit, so perhaps it could be forgiven as an exaggeration.

But Oh panicked. He demanded an apology from the DN. Then, as the tight-knit special forces community caught wind of the story and began to pick him apart, Oh published full page advertisements in the Inquirer and Daily News issuing his regrets for “any confusion or misimpression” his Green Beret claims created. Since then, though, Oh is back to saying that he never misled people about his record, and that the whole mess amounts to confusion over military terminology. I think it’s simpler than that: If the guys who are real-life, no-doubt-about-it special forces soldiers think that Oh is fluffing up his resume, well, that’s good enough for me.

Privately, Oh’s supporters acknowledge that he’s handled the entire affair badly. But they also feel he’s been unfairly singled out for scrutiny. (Brennan has also reported on Oh’s arrest in the 1990s for firing a gun into the air to scare off a group of people he thought were criminals near his home.) Maybe so. But those are the breaks in politics. A reporter gets a tip, and if it pans out, and the candidate fails to handle it well (like Oh) the story builds and builds.

The remarkable thing is, Oh still stands at excellent shot at winning a seat on Council despite all of this. He has strong support from the city’s Asian community, the reformist wing of the GOP, and is likely to get a pretty decent chunk of Democratic votes as well. As a candidate, Oh brings a lot to the table, and if he wins he may well become an excellent councilman. If he loses, which is also a real possibility now, he only has himself to blame.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2011/10/20/david-win-philadelphia-city-council-seat/

Team Sergeant
10-20-2011, 13:39
I've heard from more than one media outlet that David Oh's attorneys have demanded they remove the articles about the FRAUD David Oh.

Funny, Professionalsoldiers.com has not received a letter or email from David Oh's attorneys.

David Oh's camp is saying the "opposition" is orchestrating this campaign against him.
That's not true David Oh, again you're a liar and a fraud and we (The real Green Berets) caught you in a lie.

You told the public that in fact you were a "Green Beret" and you got caught. You told the public you served in Desert Storm, again, you got caught in a lie.

David Oh you are nothing more than a bottom feeding scumbag, a liar and a fraud.

Richard
10-20-2011, 15:47
I'm thinking TS and Penn should make a public service journey to Philadelphia and prepare a 'special' fugu dinner for Mr Oh. :D :D

Richard
12-01-2011, 11:02
Philadelphia's newest city councilman...:mad:...a proven bender of the truth, he should do well.

And so it goes...

Oh's Council Win Was The Closest In The Election
philly.com, 30 Nov 2011

David Oh prevailed by 203 votes over fellow Republican Al Taubenberger to win an at-large seat on Philadelphia City Council, the closest race in the Nov. 8 general election, according to official returns certified this week.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-11-30/news/30459143_1_new-terms-votes-closest-race

JimP
12-01-2011, 13:49
It was probably his "Green-Beret" skilz that enabled him to win....

(Jim - running for cover over here....).

Hey - Obama got elected as well - how'd that work out?? Philly just entered the Superdome of stupid. :(

Team Sergeant
12-02-2011, 12:12
Pennsylvania has some issues, Gerald "Jerry" Sandusky, Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles, and now a liar and a Special Forces Fraud as a Philadelphia City Councilman.

David Oh should fit right in.....

I'm sure the Founding Fathers are proud of the great state of Pennsylvania.

greenberetTFS
12-04-2011, 14:04
Pennsylvania has some issues, Gerald "Jerry" Sandusky, Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles, and now a liar and a Special Forces Fraud as a Philadelphia City Councilman.

David Oh should fit right in.....

I'm sure the Founding Fathers are proud of the great state of Pennsylvania.

Just proves that sheeple with be sheeple.........:mad:

jrygalski
12-06-2011, 00:18
Was born and raised in Philly... For obvious reasons, I left and never looked back. The folks there seem to be their own worst enemy. No spines, low expectations of their politicians, etc... Notice that I did not use the term "their Leaders" as the city is seriously lacking in that area...

Team Sergeant
02-26-2012, 08:07
Inquirer Editorial: Exposing liars is enough in most cases
Posted: Sun, Feb. 26, 2012, 3:01 AM

When a Philadelphia City Council candidate last year was accused of wrongly claiming he served as a U.S. Army Special Forces officer, it was entirely fitting that he had to weather voters' scrutiny concerning the allegation.

But what if David Oh, now a duly elected councilman, had been clapped in handcuffs over those charges? That's the dilemma posed by the Stolen Valor Act, a 2006 federal law whose constitutionality was argued Wednesday before the U.S. Supreme Court.

It's a law that dangerously challenges a core democratic freedom - freedom of speech - and all in the name, ironically, of honoring the very soldiers who risk their lives in defending Americans' consitutional rights.

Continued:

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20120226_Inquirer_Editorial__Exposing_liars_is_eno ugh_in_most_cases.html

JJ_BPK
02-26-2012, 08:31
Inquirer Editorial: Exposing liars is enough in most cases

Americans' consitutional rights.

Continued:

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/20120226_Inquirer_Editorial__Exposing_liars_is_eno ugh_in_most_cases.html

All the comments look to be from Davie's hom-boys..

Pete
02-26-2012, 09:07
All the comments look to be from Davie's hom-boys..

Our liar is better than your man because he is our man so that makes it OK he's a liar.

Prester John
02-26-2012, 09:56
Anybody interested might want to do a search on one of David's staunchest defenders during this dustup: Nick Pannarella.

ChuckG
11-21-2013, 12:27
Just read an update on Jon Cavaiani on SF Brothers where they told about a fund raiser in Philly that raised a lot of money for Jon that was set up by a Philly city councilor named David Oh. Wonder if it is an attempt to make up for past sins?

The Reaper
11-21-2013, 18:12
Just read an update on Jon Cavaiani on SF Brothers where they told about a fund raiser in Philly that raised a lot of money for Jon that was set up by a Philly city councilor named David Oh. Wonder if it is an attempt to make up for past sins?

Probably trying to steal honor from associating with a real SF hero.

TR

full cooler
09-21-2017, 11:13
Looks like this guy is around. :munchin

Pete
09-21-2017, 11:20
Well, at least he doesn't have "Green Beret" anywhere around his picture.

Team Sergeant
09-21-2017, 11:33
Well, at least he doesn't have "Green Beret" anywhere around his picture.

Doesn't make Philadelphia city councilman David Oh any less of a bottom-feeding scumbag.

He's already earned that title. Threatened to sue a few websites that made the same claims we/I did. I'm sure he realized that he would not win in a suit again us, we knew his "green beret" claims were lies from the start. I'm also sure that Philadelphia, like chicago loves it lying corrupt city councilman. He'll probably run for gov soon.

Makes you wonder if the GBA even knows who they are dealing with. (And if they do it's about money and nothing to do with the "Green Berets")

JJ_BPK
09-21-2017, 15:23
From his city bio:

David began his legal career while still in law school by starting a volunteer, free legal aid program. For this and other works, David received a Human Rights Award from the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations.

After graduating from law school, he worked as a Philadelphia Assistant District Attorney.

In 1988, David resigned to enlist in the U.S. Army. David served as a 2nd Lieutenant, C Company, 2nd Battalion, 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Army National Guard, from 1989 to 1992 (David was not Special Forces qualified).

In 1991, David was activated with his unit for Operation Desert Storm.

The war ended before David was deployed overseas and he was released with an Honorable Discharge.

Upon returning to Philadelphia, David reopened his solo law practice in Southwest Philadelphia.
http://phlcouncil.com/DavidOh

I thought he was filling a non-deployable REFM/Pogue slot??

Pete
09-21-2017, 16:14
I thought he was filling a non-deployable REFM/Pogue slot??

Got to go through the early part of this thread. IIRC, when his unit was activated he was placed in an 18 series slot for a very short time.

BuckiBill
09-21-2017, 18:03
When the SFA gave Guardians Of The Green Beret their endorsement, It was a 4-1 vote. The one against was a David Oh supporter

Team Sergeant
09-22-2017, 12:36
When the SFA gave Guardians Of The Green Beret their endorsement, It was a 4-1 vote. The one against was a David Oh supporter

I've sent for that idiots military records. Going to be a hoot if he's also a fraud. :munchin

2018commo
09-22-2017, 18:22
Got to go through the early part of this thread. IIRC, when his unit was activated he was placed in an 18 series slot for a very short time.

We were mobed a week before the Ground War started, watched it end standing in line getting in-processed. He, Oh, would have been slotted against a slot on the MTOE, but he was a NQP. Might be nice to know how he faired in selection as that's where all the NQPs went. Panarella is the push behind all of this, couldn't buy the Company Command and disappeared after he was not selected. Turd.

Team Sergeant
03-28-2018, 08:26
Fake news from 6abc.com concerning david oh..........

Vernon Odom your "story" about David Oh is a lie and fraud. Why don't you do your due diligence on "Green beret / special forces soldier David Oh.

David Oh NEVER attended any "Special Forces" training, David Oh was never a "Special Forces" soldier.

David Oh is nothing but a liar and a fraud assisted by other lying frauds.

City Councilman David Oh takes stand in trial of stabbing suspect

By Vernon Odom
Tuesday, March 27, 2018 06:46PM
PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- City Councilman David Oh spent two-and-a-half hours on the witness stand Tuesday, describing his harrowing experience from last spring when he was stabbed outside his Southwest Philadelphia Home during a robbery attempt.

In court, Oh for a third time identified Shawn Yarbray, now age 25, as the man who stabbed him in the left side and slashed him in the right arm when he confronted the 58-year old council member demanding his wallet and car keys.

Oh said he was unloading the back of his SUV when Yarbray attacked him.

Oh said the encounter lasted 8 to 10 minutes, with Yarbray lunging at him more than 10 times with a 5-inch blade that has never been recovered.

However, Oh said he does not believe Yarbray wanted to kill him.

Oh identified Yarbray by picking him out of a police array of mug shots.

The councilman is a former Army Special Forces soldier. He had a bottle of wine in his arms along with a computer and some files, but he decided not to use his combat skills to slash or subdue Yarbray.

Sam Stretton, Yarbray's veteran attorney, says this is a case of mistaken identity and reasonable doubt.

Stretton said his client will take the stand to deny the charges against him.

------

http://6abc.com/about/newsteam/vernon-odom/

spottedmedic111
03-28-2018, 08:41
The way it's worded the outlet takes responsibility for the accuracy of that claim. It would have been more professional to report that the councilman claims to be former SF. Oh yea, and Soldier is capitalized.

Joker
03-28-2018, 14:27
What would happen if Sam Stretton found out that Davis Oh is a liar and a poser?

Office Location:
301 South High Street
PO Box 3231
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Also a satellite office in center city Philadelphia

Office Phone Number: (610) 696-4243
Fax Number: (610) 696-2919

CSB
03-30-2018, 08:49
Jury says Oh’s testimony not enough.
Not Guilty.
A lack of integrity can manifest itself in so many unexpected ways.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/jury-says-not-guilty-in-stabbing-of-councilman-david-oh-20180329.html