PDA

View Full Version : American Defense Enterprise

kgoerz
08-14-2011, 10:58
This cant for real. Sorry if this has been posted already. I found it on another Forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kneuscttWgU&feature=youtu.be

Dusty
08-14-2011, 11:03
The FOG with the goatee looks familiar...

Team Sergeant
08-14-2011, 11:27
Holy shiite that was funny......

I love that the video "starts" with the Asian female having a malfunction and then her mag sticks.... (oh that was a glock what a piece of shiite.....)

This video should be in the comedy zone.....

I also find it amusing (after further research) that all the instructors talk about everything except their shooting credentials. I took note that none of the "instructors" bios are on their website........

greenberetTFS
08-14-2011, 11:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9RYBcWljiA&feature=related

This is a better one...........;)

Big Teddy :munchin

jw74
08-14-2011, 11:53
So do mall cops have swat teams now?

kgoerz
08-14-2011, 12:17
Like I said on the other Forum. Doing barricade shooting with other shooters down range. Guess they think if someone shoots the side of the barricade the bullet continues straight. I know of two incidents where this has happened. Both resulted in someone shot.

Richard
08-14-2011, 12:47
I also find it amusing (after further research) that all the instructors talk about everything except their shooting credentials. I took note that none of the "instructors" bios are on their website........

They left them off on the advice of their attorney because of the NDAs they signed when they left that place nobody but the press, al-Quaida, and the White House know about...but there's a book and a movie deal in the works. :rolleyes:

Richard :munchin

alelks
08-14-2011, 12:53
Like I said on the other Forum. Doing barricade shooting with other shooters down range. Guess they think if someone shoots the side of the barricade the bullet continues straight. I know of two incidents where this has happened. Both resulted in someone shot.

If I remember correctly that is what was called a "Rabbid" or "Rabbit" round (bulled glances off the wall and hugs the wall).

Team Sergeant
08-14-2011, 14:01
For all you civilians reading this:

The weaver grip/ stance is dead. This might be the only "Professional" still teaching the Weaver and one handed point shooting.....

I am attempting to figure out the placement of hand on breast while point shooting with the other hand.

And the grip of the black guy is no longer taught by professionals.

So is one handed point shooting. If you want someone to take your gun away from you in a big hurry, hold it in one hand close to the bad guy.

Falling down and shooting is as intelligent as walking backwards while shooting, these guys teach both.

Pulling two knives at a gun fight? Really? Seriously......:rolleyes:

I love the back to back "dance and shoot"...... these guys need to trademark that.....

Notice the "transition" between m-4 and pistol (Knife man).......while walking backwards & shooting....... LOL

If you watch at 2:38 you will see just how close (looks like knife boy again) one guy was 1/10 of a second from being shot by knife boy. Knife boy never saw him coming. Remember all that "pronounced" looking around after taking the shot, guess what knife boy is not doing after he shoots.....

Now I know why their Professional bio's are not posted on their website......

Professional weapons instructors, not a chance. These guys are going to get someone killed.

Team Sergeant

BOfH
08-14-2011, 14:59

Note from their site that DHS rates them numero uno as far as trainers go. Says alot, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Pete
08-14-2011, 15:18
They never would have been able to do that in just Jungle Boots.

rdret1
08-14-2011, 15:41
For all you civilians reading this:

[QUOTE]The weaver grip/ stance is dead. This might be the only "Professional" still teaching the Weaver and one handed point shooting.....

Actually TS, Weaver is still taught as a viable position in a lot of LE courses. Many LE qual courses also have you fire two shots in three seconds one handed from the three yard line. That is probably what this was based off of.

I am attempting to figure out the placement of hand on breast while point shooting with the other hand.

This is taught in several LE courses for close in (point contact). Students are taught to strike the suspect, disengage and draw while taking a step back and firing. It is supposed to keep you from shooting your off hand.

Falling down and shooting is as intelligent as walking backwards while shooting, these guys teach both.

Have no idea where they got this one.

I love the back to back "dance and shoot"...... these guys need to trademark that.....

Or this one. That was just plain stupid.

Notice the "transition" between m-4 and pistol (Knife man).......while walking backwards & shooting....... LOL

I have seen this taught in some LE classes as well.

kgoerz
08-14-2011, 16:13
I went thru FLETC in 2007. They taught a lot of moving back wards stuff. I called it more retreat training. A lot of it was viable, creating distance or putting an obstacle between you and the threat.
One handed point shooting. Is taught all the time. Cops often only have one hand free to hold the pistol, using a mike with other hand, holding one suspect down...etc.

Team Sergeant
08-14-2011, 17:35
[QUOTE=Team Sergeant;408977]For all you civilians reading this:

Actually TS, Weaver is still taught as a viable position in a lot of LE courses. Many LE qual courses also have you fire two shots in three seconds one handed from the three yard line. That is probably what this was based off of.

This is taught in several LE courses for close in (point contact). Students are taught to strike the suspect, disengage and draw while taking a step back and firing. It is supposed to keep you from shooting your off hand.

All of this must be those "Defensive Shooting Courses" I've always heard of......;)

I once had two law enforcement officers (Phoenix cops) call me from Texas and ask me if the SEALS and Special Forces used a lot of "homemade black powder breaching charges" to breach doors and walls with. Seems these two LEO's were attending a law enforcement training course and the individual teaching the course told them that we (SF) used black powder charges. I told him no we did not use black powder to breach with and why. They left the course without paying. This was just a couple of years ago.

My point is there are thousands of these "firearms instructors" out there. No one holds them accountable for senseless and stupid training. Everyone has a gimmick and I've seen a whole lot of stupid gimmicks. Placing your hand on your breast is one of those "stupid gimmicks". If you have time to place it on your breast, before you pull the trigger then you have time to place it back onto your weapon. This is right up there with blinding an armed bad guy with white light (flashlights) while standing behind a sheetrock wall........

Again, if you want your weapon taken away from you go ahead and use one hand and point shoot.

I went thru FLETC in 2007. They taught a lot of moving back wards stuff. I called it more retreat training. A lot of it was viable, creating distance or putting an obstacle between you and the threat.
One handed point shooting. Is taught all the time. Cops often only have one hand free to hold the pistol, using a mike with other hand, holding one suspect down...etc.

Unless you can run backwards at a mile a second "creating distance" seems sort of a silly notion. Why anyone would want to walk backward while firing, when armed with an M-4 and pistol is beyond me. I'll take door number two and use all that time and effort and make one high value shot.

sinjefe
08-14-2011, 18:33
Choreography, thats all it is. Looks cool to someone who doesn't know any better

jw74
08-14-2011, 19:47
[QUOTE=Team Sergeant;408977]For all you civilians reading this:

Not sure if I should offer my 2 bits here, but for what its worth, I just finished a LEO academy in CA and what RDRET1 said is exactly right. I was taught to make a fist with my free hand at the center of my chest when shooting one handed. We did a side/back step when in a "field interview" stance and close to the subject. As the above quote stated, we did 2 shots in 3 seconds from the 3 yd line etc.
The weaver stance was not taught. instead they taught the "isoscelese" stance
Watching this video, I felt like it was a group of academy cadets. where bloused bdu pants trumps skill and safety.
Right or wrong the academy is something you have to pass. I never concerned myself with what they were teaching because I figured I would pay for instruction from vetted instructors on my own or, hopefully, I would end up in a squared away agency that would train me well.

abc_123
08-14-2011, 21:57
The video on their home page the owner says that they have trained, "Marines, Special Forces, FBI, CIA...Everybody"

PSM
08-14-2011, 22:51
They are in my Area Code, though I've never heard of them, and have indoor training at a nearby range. I'd go watch them but they scare me. ;) Really!

Pat

Team Sergeant
08-16-2011, 09:20
These morons (American Defense Enterprise) have now removed all their "training" videos from the internet.

I'm not done with you yet.......American Defense Enterprise, you are giving the industry a very bad name.

American Defense Enterprise = Idiots with Loaded Guns

Team Sergeant
08-16-2011, 09:50
Can anyone find me a bio on one of their "Special Ops" instructors?

I want to know which instructor has a "Special Ops" background.

American Defense Enterprise feel free to contact me and tell me which of you is "Special Ops".

American Defense Enterprise pray one of you actually was in Special Ops......pray.

Dusty
08-16-2011, 10:49
Damn, Team Sergeant; don't shut them down until me and my 6 have perfected the "Dance with Death" scenario!!!:D

BOfH
08-16-2011, 11:22
Not sure if anyone saw this blog post, which essentially sums them up quite nicely, including several forums post's which call them out: http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/08/firearms-training-is-too-important-to.html

According to a poster on the CalGuns thread about ADE, the owner/founder of A.D.E, Bill Beasley, is/claiming to be the real deal.

Oh, and Spencer Pratt knows about as much on cyber-security as another well known charlatan in the InfoSec world, GTE(not spelling out his name as he known to be quite litigious, however his last name is phonetically the same as the Hebrew word for rock ;) ).

AngelsSix
08-16-2011, 16:18
HOLY SHITBALLS! Are you serious? Make it stop!!!!

What the f--- is with the three idiots shooting a close quarters drill and the one dude throwing himself on the ground DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OTHER TWO SHOOTERS WHILE GUNS ARE DRAWN??

As R. Lee Ermey would say "Holy Jesus, what is that?! What the F--- is that?!":eek:

kgoerz
08-16-2011, 16:22
All of their vids went away. Anyone know why

AngelsSix
08-16-2011, 16:22
Uh, and you are qualified how??

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/03/15/spencer-pratt-cyber-terrorism-heidi-montag-hills/

Who the hell is Spencer Pratt??

alelks
08-16-2011, 16:23
Put them all in tights and tutus and that video would be funny as hell. :D

AngelsSix
08-16-2011, 16:31
http://www.americandefenseenterprises.com/american%20warriors%20test.htm

One-Day @ Burro CanyonThe "American Warriors Test" is the hardest, most comprehensive test of gun skills in the world today. The standard tests given by police, military or other shooting schools to supposedly grade gun skills have all the targets directly in front of the student. He may have to turn left or right to face the target, and the range and time varies, but that is all. The student stands upright and without any other movement engages the targets, which is only ?? percent of the time. This is extremely unrealistic.The "American Warriors Test" requires 360° engagements, close contact, intermediate contact, close contact rear, standard engagement, moving engagements assaulting through and retreating from opponents. The moving engagements require hits and distance covered under time constraints. Targets range from 0 to 50 yards, and all areas tested have both single and multiple opponents. Virtually all other tests can be done on an individual in about one hour, allowing the student to stay at his peak performance. The "American Warriors Test" is approximately 7 hours of continuous shooting, spinning to engage targets and moving. A test this long does not show your peak performance but your average--what you can actually call up on demand.
There are 3 levels:
American Warrior...93%
American Operator...87%
American Defender...75%
Only 7 people have ever reached 93% and made the American Warrior level.
Only 8 people have ever reached 87% and made the American Operator level.

Only 15 people have made those marks huh? I'm betting there wer only 15 who actually attempted it.....

I wonder if any of those "CIA" guys they "trained" are on that list. :rolleyes:

rdret1
08-16-2011, 16:50
Deleted. Already posted.

rdret1
08-16-2011, 16:54
Deleted. Already posted.

SouthernDZ
08-16-2011, 16:54
Went to the link, found only, "This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.":D

BOfH
08-16-2011, 17:10
Uh, and you are qualified how??
Oh I don't know, maybe it's because information security is my bread and butter, that, and a few organizations like (ISC)2 seem to think so ;) ; That said, there's no real vetting process in this industry, over time you learn who knows and who doesn't. Spencer Pratt doesn't.

Team Sergeant
08-16-2011, 17:22
Damn, Team Sergeant; don't shut them down until me and my 6 have perfected the "Dance with Death" scenario!!!:D

I'm not shutting them down brother, I want them to be famous....;)

De Stultus Liber

alelks
08-16-2011, 17:28
They probably dreamed up those drills after seeing this picture:

kcphoenix
08-16-2011, 17:59
Can anyone find me a bio on one of their "Special Ops" instructors?

I want to know which instructor has a "Special Ops" background.

American Defense Enterprise feel free to contact me and tell me which of you is "Special Ops".

American Defense Enterprise pray one of you actually was in Special Ops......pray.

names and info inbound

WRMETTLER
08-16-2011, 18:30
These people are all over the internet.

In a thread in Calguns.net, posters who have attended classes say that the owner is SF.

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6740994&postcount=6

They might be careful in their ads on the internet, but probably more free with their BS to people enrolled in the classes.

alelks
08-16-2011, 19:04
Someone else is on to them: Click Me (http://www.papadeltabravo.com/blog/?p=1221)

EDIT: After doing a search for this guy it seems quite a few sites are on to him. :)

longrange1947
08-16-2011, 19:14
This one talks to the instructors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGjBPBJ8CVs

They do claim SF, CIA everyone in the video.

alelks
08-16-2011, 19:38
Site on facebook with videos: SITE (https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Defense-Enterprises-ADE/111850298851028?sk=app_2392950137)

Another interesting read: Click Me (http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=244626)

Team Sergeant
08-16-2011, 20:01
Yeah that's something I'd leave off my "Professional Weapons Instructor" website, the fact I was a former member of the Army Special Forces, not.

Lying to indviduals that you "were" Special Forces is one thing. Placing that lie on your website, not smart since 2004.........;)

abc_123
08-16-2011, 20:48
Someone else is on to them: Click Me (http://www.papadeltabravo.com/blog/?p=1221)

EDIT: After doing a search for this guy it seems quite a few sites are on to him. :)

Thanks for that.

I loved the critique of the video.

"....bunch of disorganized clownshoes..."

"...The amount of fail and buffoonery in this single video could be blogfodder for weeks..."

Classic.

Paslode
08-16-2011, 21:34
I would hate to see the bloopers....

Considering the risk involved, it would seem logical that anyone offering this type of training would be required by Law to have a license specific to this training, FBI Background check, permits, insurance and some sort of verifiable credentials to obtain licenses, permits and insurance.

Is this not the case?

rdret1
08-20-2011, 20:14
They have pulled several of their videos, including the original one in this thread.

ZonieDiver
08-20-2011, 20:31
Whaddya bet, when it all comes down to dust, that IF this guy Beasley was in ANY way connected with SF, it was with C/3/12? Sorry to any C/3/12 guys who have it together, but the "clown to real-deal ratio" in that unit was off the charts.

Just sayin'!

Check our "bro" - Mr. "3TABBR"!

dr. mabuse
08-20-2011, 22:29
HOLY SHITBALLS! Are you serious? Make it stop!!!!

What the f--- is with the three idiots shooting a close quarters drill and the one dude throwing himself on the ground DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OTHER TWO SHOOTERS WHILE GUNS ARE DRAWN??

AngelsSix, this is the famous hybrid "Points of Domination + Direct to Threat" drill we hear so little about that only seasoned "operators" ( number please ) are cleared to perform. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 22:44
Someone added music.......;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkfit4NK_A

They will never be able to remove that video, it's gone viral in a very bad way......;)

Stupid is as stupid does.....

PSM
08-20-2011, 22:49

They will never be able to remove that video, it's gone viral in a very bad way......;)

I really miss Benny Hill! ;)

Pat

rdret1
08-20-2011, 22:50

How appropriate!

Team Sergeant
08-20-2011, 22:54
I think I've found where the members of ADE were trained!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/video/robert/al-qaeda-training-video/11373503

kcphoenix
08-21-2011, 11:58

That's classic! "Someone" knows how to do it! ;)

I've shot with them. Yes they walk a fine line of safety. Ya'll talk shit as much as you want, but from what I've seen even one of the slower students there would match against "trained" persons

okay gentlemen, which one of you all are willing to take that challenge??? :D

btw, [this comment posted on that video reminded me the importance of keeping complete idiots out of the gene pool...]