x

Richard
08-13-2011, 06:34
An immediate pay raise.

Richard :munchin

Pete
08-13-2011, 06:50
From your intro

".....I'm interested in the 18x program and would like to find information related to it. ..........."

Read more, post less - I know this is your second post.

Let me know when you've read every post in this forum since it started that relates to SF. Until then..............

catnamedivan
08-13-2011, 11:47
x

Pete
08-13-2011, 11:53
So does this mean you're unable/unwilling to answer my specific question?

catnamedivan

I just did - look below your user name.

Use the search feature of this site. Your edited question has been covered a number of times in various threads.

blue02hd
08-13-2011, 12:24
Cat, as with everything, this answer will be based on you and your desires. If you want it, you'll get it. No easy answers here, either make your mind up and go for it, or don't.

sinjefe
08-13-2011, 13:38

Don't be a smartass. We aren't here to serve you. Take the time and show you MIGHT be the right material by doing a little research. There are few questions that have not been asked and answered already in this forum.

PRB
08-13-2011, 13:50
If you are an SF NCO and go O you must...
serve in a conventional unit until you are a senior Captain with the AD Crs completed and Company command accomp...we don't have LTs.
You will have to go thru the SF Officers course minus SFAS and some other things.

18C4V
08-13-2011, 13:52
he's off to a great first impression :munchin

greenberetTFS
08-13-2011, 13:53

catnamedivan

[Addendum: I'm asking this as a personal question for myself. I don't know if I'm SF material or SF officer material. I'm not looking to discover this on an internet forum. I'm just curious, and I want to know if my recruiter was right when he said that SF was an MOS and after OCS a former NCO with an SF MOS would have no problem becoming an SF officer.]

You got your answer,now follow it........:( However your question was answered by a QP who did just that...........;)

Big Teddy :munchin

The Reaper
08-13-2011, 16:59

catnamedivan

[Addendum: I'm asking this as a personal question for myself. I don't know if I'm SF material or SF officer material. I'm not looking to discover this on an internet forum. I'm just curious, and I want to know if my recruiter was right when he said that SF was an MOS and after OCS a former NCO with an SF MOS would have no problem becoming an SF officer.]

I would say you are likely to be neither, since you started this thread without having done your own homework.

Searching and reading are highly encouraged here, with asking a distant last. You are not off to a good start.

You might also want to reread A Message to Garcia before proceeding further. THAT is the sort of people we are looking for.

TR

Richard
08-13-2011, 17:02

IMO you've just answered your own specific question and that answer is that it would be very difficult for you.

1stindoor
08-13-2011, 19:50
Well that was fun. I think he was well on his way to making a great "last impression."

catnamedivan
08-14-2011, 07:57
Thanks.

blue02hd
08-14-2011, 08:03
Cat, since you can't seem to let go, I have a task for you. I want you to tell me three advantages of an SF Qualified NCO returning to the Q Course and qualifying as an 18A SF Officer.

Lets see what kind of analytical reasoning you are sitting on.

Any three.

Do this AFTER you read a Message To Garcia like TR guided you to.

Until you complete this task don't post anymore.

sinjefe
08-14-2011, 08:04
Regarding the 'do your own homework' exhortation--I have. The cost-benefit of doing :45m worth of scrolling through an archive of verbal sniping just didn't pay off, so I started a new post and got my question answered, partially.

What you are telling us is you are lazy and that YOUR 45m of time is more important than the time we are spending on you. This is our house, not yours. Pull your narcissitic head out of your a-- and you will go allot further.

Richard
08-14-2011, 08:14
CNIvan - as you would have found if you had researched the many previous postings on similar topics, these guys make it an art form to answer questions like yours with the latest correct information. I suggest you ask them.

http://www.bragg.army.mil/sorb/

I think we're done here until CNIvan is ready to post the results of his research assignment.