PDA

View Full Version : Road bike routes and gruops

zoolander6
08-12-2011, 11:13
Hey guys im going TDY to Bragg for a few months. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good bike riding routes and some local bike clubs that could point me in the right direction. Id prefer to stay off base and away from traffic. FYI: bike is a road bike and not mountain bike

Pete
08-12-2011, 11:29
Might look here for some routes that may interest you

http://crosscreekcyclingclub.org/portal/Services/CueSheetsMaps/tabid/68/Default.aspx

The 56 mile Aversboro Route only has about 100 ft elevation changes.

C1518D
08-12-2011, 20:58
Fort Bragg Perimeter road ride - 47 fun miles of rolling hills (best during weekends)
Park at range 37 student parking lot, then Lamont to Manchester to King to Plank and back.

Quick 35 miler to Southern Pines - park at same spot, then Lamont to Manchester, right at morrison bridge road just after salerno DZ, Left on Lakebay, left on Youngs road and ride into SP. quick break for water at the bike shop or park then E. Connecticut road back to Manchester, go left and ride back to range 37.

Or ride to MacKall early in the morning and see the deer walking around the roads.

Lots of open roads, check out Rainbow cycles on NE Broad in Southern Pines for other routes.

zoolander6
08-12-2011, 21:24
guys thanks for the feedback. Yeah i remember seeing people at range 36 gather a couple of years ago. Is there a POC for that group, or do guy/girls just show up at a designated time? I could just pull up google earth and set up a ride also.

C1518D, how long have you been in C 1/5th SFG?