PDA

View Full Version : File Upload Question

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2004, 10:29
I have a 24-page document in .pdf format I want to upload. It is not working. Is this a size limit problem? I could try uploading 24 different files, but I would rather just upload the whole thing.

Trust me, we need this document on the site!

Help!

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2004, 10:37
P.S. The file is 898 KB.

Martin
09-10-2004, 10:40
I have a 24-page document in .pdf format I want to upload. It is not working. Is this a size limit problem? I could try uploading 24 different files, but I would rather just upload the whole thing.

Trust me, we need this document on the site!

Help!

I just allowed pdf files on your uploading service, and your mpeg-files with capital suffixes (instead of lower case). File size limit 100 MB. You're free to use it by your own discretion.

As it says in the PM, you'll be able to reach the file at:

http://www.pmfp.net/fileupload/store/<filename here>

Same username, same password.

I'm off for a trip and driver's license test, till tuesday.

HTH,
Martin

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2004, 10:42
I just allowed pdf files on your uploading service, and your mpeg-files with capital suffixes (instead of lower case). File size limit 100 MB. You're free to use it by your own discretion.

As it says in the PM, you'll be able to reach the file at:

http://www.pmfp.net/fileupload/store/<filename here>

Same username, same password.

I'm off for a trip and driver's license test, till tuesday.

HTH,
Martin

Thanks, Martin. I will use your site if I am unable to put it here. I'd like to have it on the ps.com site for reasons that will be apparent when I post it.

Kyobanim
09-10-2004, 10:57
Found this Maximum size: 1048576 bytes - but I couldn't get something this size to upload. Maybe it has something to do with the upgrade.

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2004, 11:02
Found this Maximum size: 1048576 bytes - but I couldn't get something this size to upload. Maybe it has something to do with the upgrade.

Paging Dan!

Dan: I uploaded it to Martin's site and put a link here, but I'd like to have it on this site unless TS doesn't want it. Can you put it in the thread? Edged Weapons forum, "A Gift for NDD."

Thank you!

:)

Martin
09-14-2004, 11:50

Check /etc/php/apache/php.ini (or wherever you have it) for:
upload_max_filesize = xxM

PHP, atleast in 4.x versions, wrote the whole file to ram before writing it to the harddrive. This means that if you run out of either ram or swap it will fail. It will also fail if the above upload limit is passed.

After that the options of the board apply, unless its configs are Include'd into the php config, which I sort of doubt.

HTH