PDA

View Full Version : These Riots Were About Race-Why Ignore the Fact

Dusty
08-09-2011, 16:59
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/katharinebirbalsingh/100099830/these-riots-were-about-race-why-ignore-the-fact/

What colour is Mark Duggan? Mark Duggan is the man who was shot dead by the police on Thursday in Tottenham. The Tottenham riots last night were sparked when people protested his death. This morning, I first heard of the riots on the radio, then on the television. I read articles on the internet. But oddly, no one would say what colour Mark Duggan was. No one would say the unsayable, that the rioters were, I suspect on the whole, black. Then, finally, Toby Young’s Telegraph blog post on the riots was published. Is Toby Young the only journalist out there who will dare say that these riots are about race?

Still, one paper did carry a photo of Mr Duggan. When I saw the photo, it confirmed what I knew instinctively: black youths once again have set London alight.

Some of the black kids I used to teach will tell you that the riots are absolutely justified. A number of adults would agree with them. Everywhere I read that the protest was understandable because “people are very angry”.

I’d like to know what they’re angry about. Mark Duggan is dead. He was shot by the police in a shootout. Duggan was in a minicab and shots were fired from both the cab and the police elsewhere. A police officer was hurt in the incident and a bullet was found lodged in a police radio. Either Duggan was shooting at the police or the driver of the minicab was. Either Duggan was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his death is a terrible tragedy – he was caught in the crossfire – or he shot at the police and the police defended themselves. Whatever the explanation, the police did not kill this man in cold blood.

Yet, a friend of Duggan who gave her name as Niki, 53, said marchers had wanted “justice for the family” and “something had to be done”. She said some of them lay in the road to make their point. “They’re making their presence known because people are not happy. This guy was not violent. Yes, he was involved in things but he was not an aggressive person. He had never hurt anyone.”

I wonder what “involved in things” means? I also wonder whether the police officer who was hurt at the scene believes Mark Duggan never hurt anyone. “Something had to be done”? She makes it sound as if the police are killing black people every other weekend and finally someone decided to take a stand.

At school I remember watching a presentation given to the kids by Trident, the Metropolitan Police Service unit set up to investigate and inform communities of gun crime in London’s black community. I didn’t know what Trident was then, and it struck me that all of the photos of people shot (the idea was to scare the kids) were black. So at the end, I approached one of the policemen and asked him what percentage of those involved in gun crime were black. I kid you not, but my question made this thirty-something white man who was, after all, trained to deal with the black community and its issues, turn pink.

He explained that about 80 per cent of gun crime took place in the black community. I smiled uncomfortably. But no, he said, it was worse than that. Then he told me that 80 per cent was black on black gun crime, and that of the remaining 20 per cent about 75 per cent involved at least one black person: black shooting white, or white shooting black. I pushed to know more. While he kept saying his stats were crude and he didn’t have scientific numbers, on the whole the whites who were involved in these shootings tended to be from Eastern Europe.

Was any of this ever mentioned in their presentation? Of course not. Just like the news about the Tottenham riots doesn’t mention race either.

Problems cannot be addressed unless people are willing to tell the truth. As with so many other things in this country, we stick our heads in the sand and refuse to speak out about it.

Dusty
08-09-2011, 17:21
If Brit LEOs can't stop this crap, somebody will. :munchin

Paslode
08-09-2011, 17:58
If Brit LEOs can't stop this crap, somebody will. :munchin

They have no gun rights.

Dusty
08-09-2011, 18:05
They have no gun rights.

That could very well be irrelevant in this case.

mugwump
08-09-2011, 18:36
Amazon.com UK - Aluminum bat sales up 6000% (http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/09/technology/amazon_riot/)

JJ_BPK
08-09-2011, 19:41
They have no gun rights.

Nor do the LEO's..

If the swat team (cool guys with guns and bullets) was called to arrest this guy, they expected shooting. Street "bobby's" only carry a radio, whistle, cn spray, flashlight,, And a stab vest..

I talked to my Daughter this afternoon. She lives in the Shoreditch area, central London. She lives just South of one of the riot areas and just West of the largest Muslim area. She was sent home at noon with the expectations of more riots.

She said the local TV talking heads were interviewing the rioters to get the nitty-gritty STREET VIEW

They found:

most did not know the color of the man shot
the rest didn't know there was anyone shot
most were CALLED to the riots via text messages and/or tweets.
most were unemployed with no plans to get a job
most were looking to loot or go to the pub

She was so pissed she could hardly talk.. Needless to say,, she has some of my political and capitalist leanings.. :D

Dusty
08-09-2011, 19:48
Nor do the LEO's..

If the swat team (cool guys with guns and bullets) was called to arrest this guy, they expected shooting. Street "bobby's" only carry a radio, whistle, cn spray, flashlight,, And a stab vest..

I talked to my Daughter this afternoon. She lives in the Shoreditch area, central London. She lives just South of one of the riot areas and just West of the largest Muslim area. She was sent home at noon with the expectations of more riots.

She said the local TV talking heads were interviewing the rioters to get the nitty-gritty STREET VIEW

They found:

most did not know the color of the man shot
the rest didn't know there was anyone shot
most were CALLED to the riots via text messages and/or tweets.
most were unemployed with no plans to get a job
most were looking to loot or go to the pub

She was so pissed she could hardly talk.. Needless to say,, she has some of my political and capitalist leanings.. :D

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1100354840001/out-of-control-rioters-captured-on-cell-phone-video

Paslode
08-09-2011, 20:30
Nor do the LEO's..

Thank God we still retain 2nd Amendment rights in most states.

mojaveman
08-09-2011, 20:47
Like in the '92 riots that took place in Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict was anounced to the world, I think that many bad people simply took advantage of an already bad situation. They entered the the streets to pillage and plunder. How many of those vehicles and stores were torched by people with sociopathic and anarchaic personalities?

Hand
08-10-2011, 05:15
The riots in the UK are not about race.
They are about the entitlement class showing the 'rich' (small business owners) that the 'poor' (lower and lower middle class) can take/steal/destroy what they are 'owed'.

mugwump
08-10-2011, 06:31
The riots in the UK are not about race.
They are about the entitlement class showing the 'rich' (small business owners) that the 'poor' (lower and lower middle class) can take/steal/destroy what they are 'owed'.

Bingo

Pete
08-10-2011, 06:38
Bingo

Bingo Bingo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024203/UK-RIOTS-2011-Manchester-Midlands-burn-London-control.html

Pretty "light" colored crowd for the most part in these pictures.

Paslode
08-10-2011, 07:19
Not that it is beyond the media to be subjective in their photo journalism coverage to mold a story or set an agenda....But based on the photos I have seen the rioters appeared racially diverse and their violence pointed towards 'Rich People' who work for a living.

One comment on a Daily Mail referred to this lot as 'feral children', which may be a more appropriate title for the hooligans.

Hand
08-10-2011, 10:46
This was in one of the comments at the end of the story on Daily Mail, please note that it comes from someone in London:

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN GOVERNMENTS DONT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE !!!!!
- Vanessa, London, 10/8/2011 13:47

link to source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024203/UK-RIOTS-2011-Manchester-Midlands-burn-London-control.html#ixzz1Ue46Vs00)

How many here feel that this very condition currently exists on our shores?

Paslode
08-10-2011, 12:10
This was in one of the comments at the end of the story on Daily Mail, please note that it comes from someone in London:

link to source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024203/UK-RIOTS-2011-Manchester-Midlands-burn-London-control.html#ixzz1Ue46Vs00)

How many here feel that this very condition currently exists on our shores?

Personally I don't know a single person that doesn't feel that way to some degree. But generally speaking they don't want a hand out, they just want to work....and people like Immelt are moving jobs to China in droves, their companies are Tax Exempt and our politicians are corrupt, etc..etc...etc.

longrange1947
08-10-2011, 18:17
If, after Greece, France, UK, Spain and Italy, you believe this will not happen here then you are naive in my opinion.

The entitlement mentality is in full bloom here, thanks to dims, liberals, and yes, RINOs. Think about wha tthe punks said after they robbed and killed Michael Jorden's father, "he owed us cause he had more then us." (Paraphrased) And that was awhile ago, it has gotten worse and more wide spread.

Dusty
08-10-2011, 18:18
If, after Greece, France, UK, Spain and Italy, you believe this will not happen here then you are naive in my opinion.

Technically, one could say that it already is.

The Reaper
08-10-2011, 19:47
Molon Labe, MFers.

TR

longrange1947
08-10-2011, 19:55
Molon Labe, MFers.

TR

That's why they run in packs, don't have the balls to confront any other way.

The Reaper
08-10-2011, 20:04
That's why they run in packs, don't have the balls to confront any other way.

That is why they make high capacity magazines and we practice speed reloads (or transitions).

TR

Dusty
08-10-2011, 20:06
That is why they make high capacity magazines and we practice speed reloads (or transitions).

TR

Yeah. What's happening in London may happen here, but it won't happen in the same way.

longrange1947
08-10-2011, 20:07

TR

Yes, I believe that is called a target rich environment. :munchin :D