PDA

View Full Version : Army approves atheism-themed concert at Fort Bragg

Pete
08-08-2011, 15:26
Army approves atheism-themed concert at Fort Bragg

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ARMY_ATHEIST_CONCERT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-08-12-51-59

I really don't give a flip one way or the other - want to throw a concert? Fine have at it. Lots of local reports on the back story, we talked about it here, but this story does give a good recap.

But what songs do you play at an atheism-themed concert? Hip Hop, Rap, Country, Blues, Blue Grass - they all have "songs" and a following.

"................"There is no going back in to the `atheist closet,'" wrote Griffith, who has also organized a local chapter of Military Atheists and Secular Humanists for like-minded soldiers and veterans. "We're going to be supported on post for the first time."........................."

Or are they just going to get some popular bands playing popular music - and claim success?

Dusty
08-08-2011, 15:34
What songs do you play at an atheist concert?

"Highway to Hell" comes to mind. "Hell in a Handbasket". "Hellhounds on my Trail."

Pete
08-08-2011, 15:45
What songs do you play at an atheist concert?

"Highway to Hell" comes to mind. "Hell in a Handbasket". "Hellhounds on my Trail."

Hell is part of a religion - so those are out.

Dusty
08-08-2011, 15:54
Hell is part of a religion - so those are out.

That's what the atheists think. :D