PDA

View Full Version : duty assignment

bigtime1158
07-25-2011, 15:15
i will be attending the q here in the next few months and i was wondering at what portion i will get my duty assignment? is it all the way at the end? thanks

ObliqueApproach
07-25-2011, 15:23
:munchin

Dusty
07-25-2011, 15:25
Cue Jaws theme song.

Eagle5US
07-25-2011, 15:43
OK, I'll play:munchin

1-Can't follow instructions...CHECK
2-Doesn't pay attention to detail...CHECK
3-Lacks SA...CHECK
4-Utter disrespect for the shift key when addressing career Soldiers....CHECK

Wants to know when he will get his very own, personal, Special Forces assignment, irrelevant of items 1-4:rolleyes:

Mr."Bigtime" is a bigtime NO-GO at this station. AAAAaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd.......he's a recruiter.

Tress
07-25-2011, 16:40
Originally posted by Eagle5US:

1-Can't follow instructions...CHECK
2-Doesn't pay attention to detail...CHECK
3-Lacks SA...CHECK
4-Utter disrespect for the shift key when addressing career Soldiers....CHECK

Wants to know when he will get his very own, personal, Special Forces assignment, irrelevant of items 1-4

Mr."Bigtime" is a bigtime NO-GO at this station. AAAAaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd.......he's a recruiter.

Oh my!!! I am so surprised!!!

Just lie to him. He will understand that......

Tress

longrange1947
07-25-2011, 16:44
Nope, I shall be nice. (note Capital I) :munchin

Intro not in right place so ignored instructions.

Did not search before asking question.

Worries about long range target when 25 meter target is about to eat his arse.

This is not a texting club, do not use texting as a template for asking or responding.

Try again after:

1. Intro in correct location.

2. Search done of all areas of this site as your answer may already be there. We don't mind answering questions, just not over and over again.

3. Worry about each phase and performing at 100% at all times, BEFORE you worry about your assignment. You planning on not going if you don't like it?

4. This will probably be the nicest response. The others may be a bit sharper. :D

Now duck and cover!

Richard
07-25-2011, 17:12
This one's way too easy - I say let the newest QPs have at it so they can 'get their feet wet' here. ;)

Richard :munchin

mark46th
07-26-2011, 09:21
Hope he is wearing kevlar skivvies...

bigtime1158
10-12-2011, 20:17
I have not been on here a while so I suppose I should explain why I asked this question. It has nothing to do with me. What group I go to does not concern me. All I care about is getting to a group. My wife on the other hand would like to be in NC where she can be sort of close to her family. That is the only reason I ask. She would not be devastated if we did not get Bragg but she would just prefer it. That is my reason for the thread. I will admit I did not use the search button, if there is another post similar to this one I apologize. I have read the forum rules but I must admit to not following them in this case. But again I made this post to attempt to get an answer for my wife because a happy wife makes a happy life.....

also... I noticed a sort of negative comment about me being a recruiter on this thread... whats that about? I'm doing my duty assigned by the Army. Also while on recruiting duty I managed to train myself (with no assistance) to pass SFAS. The fact is I am a dedicated soldier who for as long as he can remember wanted to be SF. I took the beating from recruiting command to attend SFAS and months later I am still hearing about it. I feel that being a recruiter and being selected just proves how dedicated I am.

1stindoor
10-13-2011, 05:58
I have not been on here a while so I suppose I should explain why I asked this question. It has nothing to do with me. What group I go to does not concern me. All I care about is getting to a group.
All you should care about is getting through the door on day one and being in the right place at the right time in the right uniform.

My wife on the other hand would like to be in NC where she can be sort of close to her family. That is the only reason I ask.
I get it...but it's immaterial what she wants at this point. It's not a deciding factor for the Army. You probably already knew this...but failed to tell your wife.

Good luck.

Dusty
10-13-2011, 06:01
I have not been on here a while so I suppose I should explain why I asked this question. It has nothing to do with me. What group I go to does not concern me. All I care about is getting to a group. My wife on the other hand would like to be in NC where she can be sort of close to her family. That is the only reason I ask. She would not be devastated if we did not get Bragg but she would just prefer it. That is my reason for the thread. I will admit I did not use the search button, if there is another post similar to this one I apologize. I have read the forum rules but I must admit to not following them in this case. But again I made this post to attempt to get an answer for my wife because a happy wife makes a happy life.....

also... I noticed a sort of negative comment about me being a recruiter on this thread... whats that about? I'm doing my duty assigned by the Army. Also while on recruiting duty I managed to train myself (with no assistance) to pass SFAS. The fact is I am a dedicated soldier who for as long as he can remember wanted to be SF. I took the beating from recruiting command to attend SFAS and months later I am still hearing about it. I feel that being a recruiter and being selected just proves how dedicated I am.

Mind if I put you in for an ESB?

Pete
10-13-2011, 06:14
.......My wife on the other hand would like to be in NC where she can be sort of close to her family. That is the only reason I ask......

Ft Bragg is Ft Bragg. The Fayetteville area is what it is. You are a 1 day easy drive to a lot of fun places but .........

The other "remote" places for SF assignments also are within a 1 day easy drive of some fun places.

If you do not get Ft Bragg all the relatives will be looking to visit your "new" place for a vacation.

My M-I-L became a master at sniffing out the lowest airfare deals every three months or so.

When you drop one of life's eggs make an omelet.

PS - seven posts and no intro. You now have a new title under your user name. You earned it.

Dozer523
10-13-2011, 08:10
I, I, I, I, nothing to do with me, I, me, I, My wife . . . would like, I, I, I, I, I, I, I.....

also... I, me, I'm, I, myself (with no assistance), I, I, I, I, I.
Your lips are moving but this is all we hear.

"nothing to do with me" really?

Tress
10-13-2011, 09:29
Originally posted by bigtime1158:

also... I noticed a sort of negative comment about me being a recruiter on this thread... whats that about?

That would have been me. And it was not a negative comment on you in particular having been a recruiter, it was a negative comment on recruiters in general.

How shall I say this? It has been my personal experience and the experience of many others that I have spoken with about this very subject, that recruiters, be they working for a military service or civilian corporation, tend not to tell the truth. Seemingly, a great majority of them embellish, wax poetic, talk through their arse, bull-shit, tell lies of omission, out-right lie, etc. I have personally seen all of the above occur and have watched as recruiters giggle about it when confronted about it.

I am not saying that all recruiters do those things and if you are one of the few who have never done any of the above, then "Bully for you."

Can you honetsly tell me that you have never bitched about your recruiter maybe having not known what he was talking about or twisting the truth, just a little?

Also while on recruiting duty I managed to train myself (with no assistance) to pass SFAS.

No assistance you say? What about another post of yours in a different thread that gives credit to this forum for having given you the foreknowledge that helped you get "selected"?

The fact is I am a dedicated soldier who for as long as he can remember wanted to be SF. I took the beating from recruiting command to attend SFAS and months later I am still hearing about it. I feel that being a recruiter and being selected just proves how dedicated I am.

I also wanted to be an SF soldier. I came in right off the street; Basic, AIT, Airborne School and then the Q-Course. The only assistance that I received in the Q-Course was from the cadre of the Q-Course and my fellow students standing beside me. It was enough and helped me get through.

It is good to be proud of what you have already accomplished in the Army. It it more than what many others have dared to do.

Now, what about that Intro you were supposed to write? There were several posts by other QP's over the course of the last two months or so, and even early this morning advising you to post in the "Introduction Thread". You were logged on to this forum at 9:00 am this morning and you still have yet to do so. Just an observation. May I suggest that prior to making "any" other posts that you post first in the "Introduction Thread".

Just in case you do not know what your new title means; FTFSI means "Failure To Follow Simple Instructions".

Tress

bigtime1158
10-13-2011, 18:11
How shall I say this? It has been my personal experience and the experience of many others that I have spoken with about this very subject, that recruiters, be they working for a military service or civilian corporation, tend not to tell the truth. Seemingly, a great majority of them embellish, wax poetic, talk through their arse, bull-shit, tell lies of omission, out-right lie, etc. I have personally seen all of the above occur and have watched as recruiters giggle about it when confronted about it.
Tress

you are very correct many recruiter do "hide the truth" but to me that seems a bit retarded. If you tell one of these kids something they jump on the internet in 2 minutes and find out if your telling the truth. A recruiter that lies these days is just digging their own grave.

No assistance you say? What about another post of yours in a different thread that gives credit to this forum for having given you the foreknowledge that helped you get "selected"?
Tress

Again you are correct. This board was a great deal of assistance.