PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a plan

king1636
07-24-2011, 15:24
Hello. I've been reading on this forum for awhile now, getting alot of good info. But I, like everone else, think their situation is unusual. So, let me know if you think I'm heading in the right direction.

I joined the Army when I was 17, and just got out in February. I did one deployment as a 19D.

As of now, I have two semesters left before I recieve my bachelor's degree.

I talked with SSG Holley about joining the 2/19th in Kenova, West Virginia and we have an interview lined up this week with some guys from there (I think, he hasn't got back to me yet). He pretty much said go up there and tell them you have a plan, your going to go to school this fall, and in the spring be willing to reclass to a new MOS. Then in the summer I want to join the training team and hopefully, get a chance at selection sometime next fall.

School is my #1 priority right now. Because I've already missed 4 semesters due to deployment and such, and I am so close to finishing.

So, I'm assuming they are willing to hold me at the unit without an MOS? In a slot?

I can't wait to start training for selection but just getting another perspective on the whole situation, because I'm having second thoughts that I should put it on hold and get school over with.

Any suggestions, input?

Richard
07-24-2011, 15:53
Sounds like a plan - go for it and good luck!

Richard :munchin

alelks
07-24-2011, 16:33
It sounds like you have your priorities an the correct order.

Good Luck.