PDA

View Full Version : Thor Global Defence - Thor 408 ??

JJ_BPK
07-21-2011, 16:27
Has anyone run into this weapon? Or the 408 round? or the company?

Services: Nuclear Operations

THOR Global Defense Group’s Nuclear Operations Division provides direct support services for nuclear operations for Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and commercial facilities. Our services are unique in the field of Nuclear Operations / Security in that we specialize in a full spectrum solution from a counter-terrorism perspective. Our mixture of consulting, equipment supply services, and engineering allow us to provide customers with a total security solution which simplifies time lines and allows for smoother implementation of procedures.

In addition to our other scopes of work, we are able to provide assistance specific to these sensitive locations and develop solutions to comply with all regulations while suiting your needs with maximum efficiency. THOR has a skilled professional staff able to support a wide range of operational areas. Our staff has real-world experience in the development and implementation of the systems we recommend. Please contact us for more information regarding our current nuclear operations support programs.

I know that there are a couple companies trying to create alternatives to the 50 BMG and .338 laqua.

http://www.thorgdg.com/products/weapons/thor-m408

Advantages:

Accuracy – Due to harmonics and a more stable shooting platform as well as an accurized assembly, the accuracy of the M408 is greatly enhanced. Guaranteed sub-MOA.
Recoil – The M408 model substantially reduces recoil, allowing for quicker follow up shots
Balance – Increased balance designed to work better with suppressor
Transport – Carry handle allows for convenient transport
Adjustable cheek piece
Enhanced machine process
KRIEGER barrel
Military model used worldwide by Special Forces units

koz
07-21-2011, 18:11
Didn't Mark Wahlberg use one of these in "Shooter"?

Surgicalcric
07-21-2011, 18:26
Didn't Mark Wahlberg use one of these in "Shooter"?

It was a Cheytac .408 that was used in Shooter. ;)

JJ_BPK
07-21-2011, 18:29

The Thor also fire the 408 Cheytac..

Surgicalcric
07-21-2011, 18:36
The Thor also fire the 408 Cheytac..

I was simply pointing out that the rifle actually used in the movie was the Cheytac and not the TGD version chambered for .408.

Crip

koz
07-21-2011, 19:42

Oh - I guess the changed firing pin got me confused... :D

Surgicalcric
07-22-2011, 01:28
Oh - I guess the changed firing pin got me confused... :D

I hear the FP switch has been troublesome for others as well. ;)

Crip