PDA

View Full Version : Cowards at a bar

rdret1
07-19-2011, 23:39
http://www.wmur.com/r/28584095/detail.html

Bohn, a young vet who was injured in 2008, was dancing with a girl one of these pukes must have had thing for. So they gang up on him and beat the living crap out of him. My main question is: where were Bohn's buddies? He wasn't there by himself. Punks like this make my blood boil!:mad:

JJ_BPK
07-20-2011, 03:57
If this kids does have friends, they weren't at this fight.. :mad::eek:

When the females in a pile-on, there is a good chance that it may be gang related or race related.

:munchin

tonyz
07-20-2011, 06:07
I know the area - probably sports related - maybe he casually mentioned that he appreciated the NY Yankees championship history - or that <gasp> the Bruins suck - bad move - that will get the females on your ass almost every time.

Lucky for him he was in Portsmouth, NH and not Salisbury, MA just down the road a bit - a few beers at the Upper Deck can get real exciting.;)

fng13
07-20-2011, 06:45
What a bunch of POS.

It's like this all over, makes it so it's not even worth going out because their always seems to be some problem. Especially when taking the girlfriend with me, because if something happens I can't walk away from her safety then becomes an issue.

I also had to learn the hard way that there is no such thing as a fair fight. :mad:

This guy needs better friends. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Dusty
07-20-2011, 06:57
There's absolutely no honor in a ghetto-style fight.

tonyz
07-20-2011, 07:41
The 4 aggressors should, at least, pay for this guy's medical bills but they probably have no money - criminal charges have reportedly been filed.

Depending on all the facts the bar, on the other hand, may have some responsibility to the victim.

twistedsquid
07-20-2011, 15:02
i smell rats on this one including the bar...ive been in most dives dumps and roughhouses from rota to beirut....we would never go out alone...minimum was 4 and we always reconned the floor before we hit the bar..."i got this one, you got that one" was always our first conversation before ordering drinks...most brawls are won before the first punch...

Gypsy
07-20-2011, 17:29
There's absolutely no honor in a ghetto-style fight.

Definitely the cowardly fight if you ask me.

I think anyone who does this should suffer the same fate.

Utah Bob
07-20-2011, 17:32
Bars are full of cowards fueled by liquid courage. You need to be very aware of what's going on and be able to read people and know when to get the hell out.

Richard
07-20-2011, 18:03
Three of us young SGTs from 1-7th SFGA got into a hell of a fight one night in a bar in Cloudcroft, NM. I'll never forget the moment when Rick and I were up to our @$$es in fighting with a bunch of pissed off local cowboys when I looked over and saw the guy who had started it all crawling on his hands and knees under the tables and heading for the exit. He was a fellow SFer - but the @$$ beating he took from that fight came the next day when Rick and I laid it on him for starting the $**t and then leaving us to deal with it.

And so it goes...;)

Richard :munchin

ZonieDiver
07-20-2011, 23:08
Three of us young SGTs from 1-7th SFGA got into a hell of a fight one night in a bar in Cloudcroft, NM. I'll never forget the moment when Rick and I were up to our @$$es in fighting with a bunch of pissed off local cowboys when I looked over and saw the guy who had started it all crawling on his hands and knees under the tables and heading for the exit. He was a fellow SFer - but the @$$ beating he took from that fight came the next day when Rick and I laid it on him for starting the $**t and then leaving us to deal with it.

And so it goes...;)

Richard :munchin

Those were the days! Two things helped: 1) pitchers of beer were made of glass - large ones worked GOOD, and 2) when this type of activity was prevalent for me, half my Reserve unit were PD with badges to flash when push came to shove.

fromthemountain
07-21-2011, 12:58
I grew up in this area. Portsmouth is a halfway decent town. It used to be a Navy and AF town years ago and has been cleaned up a bit. The problem is, a few of the towns around Portsmouth have gang issues. A good friend of mine had an issue at this bar a few years back. It started just like this story did, except they followed him the the parking garage, attacked him and ran him over several times.
I do not know this Vet personally, but I have many disabled Vet friends in that area that stick close together. If I were those punks, I'd be keeping a low profile once I was free. I'm sure deep down they are ashamed and maybe a bit nervous.