PDA

View Full Version : Bomb K9

NousDefionsDoc
09-08-2004, 17:52
Anybody here a bomb dog trainer or know one personally?

Guy
09-08-2004, 19:17
YES! What would you like to know? I just found out our first one just died on my initial trip into Iraq. :confused:

Jgood
09-08-2004, 22:44
I know a few AF K9 Trainers if i can be any help

Martin
09-09-2004, 02:18
Not bomb K9, but for police and military. Very competent fellow.

NousDefionsDoc
09-09-2004, 09:58
Well, I'm thinking about learning how to train one. I bought a book, but that won't do it buy itself. So I was looking for someone I could ask a question or two ever now and then and could recommend other books, give little Tips of the Trade, etc., a pen pal if you will.
My dog is probably old to start working now, but I could use him to train myself, so when I get my next pup, I'll be ready.
I know where there is a forum, but rightfully so, there is quite a bit of reluctance to discuss details in public - I was glad to see the OPSEC.

Martin
09-09-2004, 10:18
I'm not quite sure how my friend would respond to this, he helps others train their dogs, usually by some form compensation (either directly or indirectly by helping eachothers).

He's pretty busy. On the other hand, he loves to discuss and is a no-BS kind of guy. I'm not sure about his ability to speak english, plus being dyxlectic, making e-mailing difficult.

Either way, I would definitely be able to forward a few questions every once in a while. He gives straight answers.

HTH

Guy
09-09-2004, 13:02
NDD:

I'll ask these two guys I know well, about you being a pen-pal living SOTB. :D

Ours was dual purpose. Not only could he sniff out explosives...he would attack your ass in a heartbeat, if directed to do so.

Roguish Lawyer
09-09-2004, 13:29
NDD:

Ours was dual purpose. Not only could he sniff out explosives...he would attack your ass in a heartbeat, if directed to do so.

Fine looking dog you have there, Guy. And very well groomed if I may add. :D

Jgood
09-09-2004, 15:03
NDD ever thought about joining a Schutzhund Club. Schutzhund is an International sport that emphasizes many of the qualities of today's working breed dogs. Schutzhund focuses on training of obedience, tracking and protection for a happier more useful companion.

i have a few links if your intrested PM me

Guy
09-09-2004, 15:33
Fine looking dog you have there, Guy. And very well groomed if I may add. :D

Now if I could these f*ckers too actually bite somebody...I would not have jump up at these false alarms. :D

DunbarFC
09-09-2004, 15:58
NDD:

Beautiful dog Guy !

Galadriel
09-14-2004, 23:25
NDD~
Are you actually planning on buying a shephard from Germany or are you getting an American breed?

NousDefionsDoc
09-14-2004, 23:30
I was thinking about a pup from Leerburg for my next one. My Rottie will live another 2-3 years.

Galadriel
09-14-2004, 23:51
I can put you in direct contact with someone who can guide you properly. Leerberg sells excellent breeds, although, the person of whom I speak buys directly from a breeder in Germany. To my knowledge, the pup and shipping overseas would be around $2200. They are the best of the best though.
Whatever you decide, I have an excellent contact for you. Just say the word.

NousDefionsDoc
09-14-2004, 23:54
Thanks, but that's an extra $K or so and I'm not looking to be a breeder. Like I said, my Rottie will live a while longer and I don't like having more than one dog at a time.

I do appreciate the offer though and will keep it in mind. Thanks again.

Galadriel
09-15-2004, 00:04
Yes, its quite a bit of money to choke down for a dog. Its wise to have the new dog trained alone with no other distractions of another dog -- besides the tendency of getting pack-like.
I'm going to PM you with info so if you have any questions you can ask this person.

ghuinness
02-23-2005, 20:44
Seemed an appropriate thread for this.

Professional Gear for the 4 legged partner :)
boots (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4187433.stm) and camera (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4287163.stm)

casey
02-23-2005, 22:24
Damn bro, I just saw this - PM inbound.