PDA

View Full Version : Bragg EST

frostfire
07-13-2011, 08:18
I got certified to run the EST sites on Bragg. We are also allowed to use the facility between unit reservations for proficiency training. If you want to brush up on fundamentals, drills, etc. before SUT, after SUT (there's one past class that did not have trigger time on M9 at all!), or just for the heck of it, PM me and I'll let you know every time I go. Only weekdays between 0800 and 1530 though.

On a side note, an IODA from SWCC was in the same certification class. After the class was divided, I ended up being the OIC for that group. yikes! Outshot them on the 25m reflex drill though :D For some reason, they were disgruntled of the current students. I wonder if everybody dread/loath SWCC rotation

mud slinger
09-29-2012, 20:01
I know this is some what an old post but it's good training. I have the ability to reserve EST training and I also need to train being that I have never fired a Pistol. So with that said if anyone else comes across this Post and wants to do some training just PM me and if you can produce someone who is trained to run the EST than we can do it.

frostfire
10-09-2012, 13:11
I know this is some what an old post but it's good training. I have the ability to reserve EST training and I also need to train being that I have never fired a Pistol. So with that said if anyone else comes across this Post and wants to do some training just PM me and if you can produce someone who is trained to run the EST than we can do it.

mudslinger, have you gone through SUT?

I am still certified to run the on-post EST. What days or time slots are you off and can you reserve any of the three sites? Either the one on longstreet or by Pike field should be the most available. We'll take it to PM

Pistol should be the easiest to set up between unit-reserved slots as there won't be alot of heavy lifting ie. ma deuce with turret attachment :D As it is safe due to lack of actual projectile, back in shooting team where I had complete access to an EST, we ran drills and "shot" the M9 from every conceivable position (literally) with all kinds of kit barring the limitation of the pneumatic cable. The pneumatic recoil, cable, and weird mag will give different draw, reload, muzzle flip, recoil, and weight qualities so it by no means replace live fire, but one can still hone fundamentals, gain 2nd-nature proficiency with M9 operation, and diagnose errors as the laser tracks movement pre, during, and post trigger squeeze. Still, it's a teaching tool and by no means replace an actual instructor who observes the students' eyes, stance, grip, etc. etc.