PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant says his wife slept with his battalion commander

MVP
07-07-2011, 11:40
This week in Army Times (armytimes.com)

Posted On: Tuesday, Jul. 5 2011 02:38 PM

Sergeant says his wife slept with his battalion commander

Sgt. Mitchell Streeter was overwhelmed. Twice deployed, he was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, unable to sleep, stressed out by his job as a recruiter, and now he was facing possible discharge from the Army. To top it off, his wife was acting suspiciously.

Streeter found racy messages on her phone and confronted her. She confessed. She said the other man was his married battalion commander, and the two of them had carried on an affair for 10 months.

Now Lt. Col. Lonnie McNair is under temporary suspension, an Army official said, pending the outcome of the investigation into Streeter's allegations.

Read in this week's Army Times how Streeter used his wife's sexy text messages to launch the investigation of his commander.

sinjefe
07-07-2011, 12:04
What a disgusting breach of trust (Sounds like a retired SF GO some of us knew). We need to bring back firing squads.

1stindoor
07-07-2011, 12:45
What a disgusting breach of trust (Sounds like a retired SF GO some of us knew). We need to bring back firing squads.

...and his wife.

Utah Bob
07-07-2011, 12:49
Pigs!

SF_BHT
07-07-2011, 12:51
...and his wife.

She is also getting the firing squad;)

MVP
07-07-2011, 13:10
I recall a couple of WO Tm Ldrs that were screwing their tm mate's wives. Little happened to them...

MVP

craigepo
07-07-2011, 13:52
We had a battalion commander get busted by MPs on Ft. Lewis screwing one of his captain's wives. The Army got rid of him.

This was a really smart move for the Army. None of the guys like him as a battalion commander. When this news came out, there was a bunch of mad young Rangers looking to go kick a colonel's ass.

mark46th
07-07-2011, 14:15
Now we know where "The Unit" got part of its story line...

bubba
07-07-2011, 15:12
Isn't there something in the Manual of Court's Martial for a public hearing? If memory serves, can't the appropriate level of command hold a formation, have the hearing in front of the unit, and administer UCMJ for all to see?

head
07-07-2011, 16:19
Taking care of the troops. :rolleyes:

kgoerz
07-07-2011, 16:57

Then that Red Headed POS showed up out of no where to become a General.

bluebb
07-07-2011, 19:38
Then that Red Headed POS showed up out of no where to become a General.

I wish you would not besmirch gingers...he can simply be a POS:D

Blue

Richard
07-07-2011, 19:50
Nothing says "I support my soldiers" quite like helping a troop with PTSD keep his wife's urges satisfied...

Sorry MFer. :mad:

Richard

greenberetTFS
07-07-2011, 20:03
Nothing says "I support my soldiers" quite like helping a troop with PTSD keep his wife's urges satisfied...

Sorry MFer. :mad:

Richard

I agree.......:mad::mad:

Big Teddy :munchin

BrowningFan
07-07-2011, 22:35
He needs a new post in antartica as an E-1.

So he could have another ribbon on his chest? Representing a medal bearing the words "COURAGE", "SACRIFICE", and "DEVOTION"? This man displays none of these.

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/asm.shtml

mojaveman
07-08-2011, 05:10
When I was in Germany we had a platoon Sergeant who was preying on the girlfriends and wives of his subordinates. Our Company CO moved him to another post. My guess is that it didn't really solve the problem because he probably took up his behavior there. He probably should have been thrown out of the Army. That type of activity is damaging to unit morale.

kgoerz
07-08-2011, 05:50
I wish you would not besmirch gingers...he can simply be a POS:D

Blue

Yes, nothing against red heads.

greenberetTFS
07-08-2011, 05:52
I don't know if this should be told here but I'll take a chance and tell it......When I was in C Company,505 PIR,we were in the C119 getting ready to jump when a 1st SGT,who was the Jumpmaster stated that he never worries about his wife and completely trusts leaving his wife and when he returns he knows that he''ll find her just like he left her.........When one guy in the back of the stick as we were exiting out of the big iron bird yelled, "Yeah...freshly F**ked!":(:(:(

Big Teddy :munchin

tim180a
07-08-2011, 06:57
A similar thing happened to me with my ex-wife. I found a significant number of late night phone calls to a Major in my unit. I called him on it, and of course he denied everything. Long story short, the ink wasn't even dry on my divorce before they got married. The good part is that the divorce didn't cost me anything. I'm certain he is on his way to fill Big Red's shoes...

Viking
07-08-2011, 11:23
I wish they would send the BC to us. He could burn our crap everyday and then get kicked out of the Army. We could use a piece of crap to get rid of the crap.

AngelsSix
07-09-2011, 08:16
Isn't there something in the Manual of Court's Martial for a public hearing? If memory serves, can't the appropriate level of command hold a formation, have the hearing in front of the unit, and administer UCMJ for all to see?

When I was in the Navy I had a Captain that used to do that. He told everyone it was a whole lot better than sending them to see the Admiral. I used to get a kick out of it. Everyone was called over the 1MC to the hanger bay for Captain's open mast. Worked like a charm. We had few discipline problems, IIRC.

ChuckG
07-09-2011, 11:46
I remember a 10th Group Cdr getting the boot about 94/95 for doing one of his sergeant's wives. He was a fast mover. I had gone to his Change of Command when he was first taking over the Battalion at Ft. Devens in 92/93 timeframe. I say fast mover because he was promoted BZ to MAJ, LTC, and COL. Strange what happens when you think with your little head rather than the big one.

B36reconman
07-09-2011, 17:42
Had something similar happen to yours truly in '71 while on my flying tour. Plaintiff #1 was cavorting with some ASA leg (SGT) puke, and hanging out at the Shanghai (?) IIRC on Bragg Blvd...Upon my return to the states, I acosted them, reminded the good SGT it was a no-no boffing the CW2's spousal unit. Let them know they were welcome to each other, but my children would be going with me to Ft. Carson..If they had a problem with it..I would just kill them both...that SGT literally pissed his pants at the bar...I got custody when I filed for divorce too..Ah..sweet mystery of life..I finally found thee..:lifter

1stindoor
07-11-2011, 04:52
I remember a 10th Group Cdr getting the boot about 94/95 for doing one of his sergeant's wives. He was a fast mover.

If memory serves...that incident pushed BG(R) Richard Mills from the alternate list to the command list.

Stras
07-11-2011, 13:26
If memory serves...that incident pushed BG(R) Richard Mills from the alternate list to the command list.

you are correct, sir.