PDA

View Full Version : Hey partner, have you seen our rifle?

Snaquebite
06-29-2011, 12:38
http://news.yahoo.com/seattle-police-leave-rifle-unattended-cruiser-200350389.html

SEATTLE (AP) — A Seattle police spokesman says the department is embarrassed after officers left a police rifle unattended on a patrol car outside a busy downtown area. Spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb says the department has launched an investigation.

Whitcomb says two people spotted the rifle on the parked car. One flagged down bicycle officers to alert them. The other followed the cruiser as it drove through downtown Seattle and tracked down the driver after the car parked.

rdret1
06-29-2011, 15:10
That happens occassionally. Some time back, a couple of Raleigh PD officers, who will remain nameless, were coming to Wilson to teach some advanced CQB classes. A box of weapons fell off their truck on U.S. 64, spilling some MP-5s, AR-15s and such on the road. They didn't realize it for a little while and had to go back and find them. Needless to say, everyone was in panic mode for a little while.

DJ Urbanovsky
06-30-2011, 09:31
That'll put a spot on the seat...

That happens occassionally. Some time back, a couple of Raleigh PD officers, who will remain nameless, were coming to Wilson to teach some advanced CQB classes. A box of weapons fell off their truck on U.S. 64, spilling some MP-5s, AR-15s and such on the road. They didn't realize it for a little while and had to go back and find them. Needless to say, everyone was in panic mode for a little while.

wet dog
06-30-2011, 10:42
While stopped at a red light, I once told a beer truck driver that one of his side doors was open before he made a right hand turn. His eyes lit up, got out of the truck, walked back, closed said door, but not after to removed two cases of beer and put them in the back of my truck.

Do you think the cops would do the same thing with a few weapons and a box of shells?

Bad Tolz
06-30-2011, 13:49
Wet Dog said:

While stopped at a red light, I once told a beer truck driver that one of his side doors was open before he made a right hand turn. His eyes lit up, got out of the truck, walked back, closed said door, but not after to removed two cases of beer and put them in the back of my truck.

Do you think the cops would do the same thing with a few weapons and a box of shells?

Probably not, but if he was seasoned he might ask you what your favorite beverage was. There are a lot of guys out there who know citizens have saved their bacon (in more ways than one).

Utah Bob
06-30-2011, 14:43
I've left coffee and a donut on the roof of the car. A friend of mine left his radio once.
But a gun?:rolleyes:

wet dog
06-30-2011, 14:53
Passed the security area, near the gates, a female LEO left her sidearm resting on the TP rack, when she dropped her pants to sit on the toliet at DIA a few years ago. A janitor just happened to pick it up and notified her immediate supervisor, before the stall was used by another.

Lucky day....

99meters
07-01-2011, 10:16
I've left coffee and a donut on the roof of the car. A friend of mine left his radio once.
But a gun?:rolleyes:

Once, I made it to my department's garage before I noticed my sidearm was missing. I called in sick on the drive back to my home.