PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear of S.O.R.D.?

SFC Donnell
06-28-2011, 19:19
These guys SORDUSA look and sound legit but the claims to offer of custom nylon for Special Operations types set off my Walt alarm.

http://www.sordusa.com/

Legit?

Papa Zero Three
06-29-2011, 00:05
These guys SORDUSA look and sound legit but the claims to offer of custom nylon for Special Operations types set off my Walt alarm.

http://www.sordusa.com/

Legit?

Yes, they are legit. They are the USA branch of the Australian SORD. I had one of my Aussie buddies bring me over some SORD kit and when the USA branch opened up I ordered a few more pieces from them. Give them a call and ask for Murry Lockrey if he doesn't answer the phone. If you aren't comfortable ordering from them, I'd also recommend Tyr tactical as they do custom gear aimed at the SF community. Both companies offer really good kit, I use pieces from each of them and have had custom products made for me.

SFC Donnell
06-29-2011, 02:12
Thanks that is what I wanted to know.

I got an email from Murry on Saturday, their' customer service is good.

Side note: If you gentlemen want to buy A-TACS clothing get the NYCO (Nylon/Cotton) material. In Multicam the Polyester/Cotton is not "NIR-Compliant" while the NYCO is NIR Compliant, I am assuming that is true for A-TACS as well. While the Army has not yet set a NIR standard for A-TACS to comply with, the guys at A-TACS.COM set the dyes to the same NIR numbers as the USMC MARPAT.

I checked the uniforms in my closet with NVGs and found some non-NIR Compliant ACUs mixed in with NIR-Compliant issue ACUs. I had no idea until I checked. What you see in the Near Infra Red is not what you see in the visual spectrum. My non NIR Compliant ACUs look flat white in NIR, the issue ACUs look the same either way under white light or IR, my non NIR Compliant Polyester/Cotton Multicam does too. My NIR Compliant Multicam looks glossy in NIR illumination, I have been told that is to give the same IR spectra as sand.

SORD carries NYCO A-TACS uniforms.