PDA

View Full Version : Latest Mexico boondoggle

sinjefe
06-24-2011, 12:19
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/06/24/mexican-soldiers-reportedly-cross-border-into-us/?test=latestnews

Mexican Soldiers Reportedly Cross Border Into US

Published June 24, 2011

Mexican troops crossed the border into the United States Thursday, KGNS-TV reported Friday.

A convoy of three military trucks loaded with soldiers and weapons crossed the border at Bridge No. 2 in Laredo, Texas, the station reported.

Customs and Border Protection investigators told KGNS-TV they spoke with Mexican authorities after being alerted that the military convoy was heading in their direction.

Mexican officials say the soldiers didn't know the area and got lost.

An investigation into the incident is continuing.

And this from Wkipedia:

The Juárez–Lincoln International Bridge (Bridge No. 2 in Laredo) is an eight-lane bridge with and is 1,008 feet (307 m) long and 72 feet (22 m) wide. The international bridge is for buses and non-commercial traffic only. The bridge is also known as Bridge Number Two, Laredo-Nuevo Laredo Bridge 2, Puente Juárez-Lincoln and Laredo II.[1] It has a dedicated lane for SENTRI program users.

So, they didn't know the area and got lost? Really?

PRB
06-24-2011, 12:24
In '01 the Mex army transfered some soldiers up north that had been stationed in Chiapas.
They were told to patrol the border and thought the Rio Grande river went from Texas to California so just kept driving north into Arizona. They stoped and had their 'maps' out when they got to Interstate 10. 3 hummers with .50's.
They were totally clueless.

sinjefe
06-24-2011, 12:32
Except there is a big difference in crossing the border in a rural area (river or not) and crossing Bridge No. 2 which, if anyone has seen it, is big, well marked and crowded with people trying to cross, legitimately, into the US through an established checkpoint.

wet dog
06-24-2011, 12:35
That's just too funny.

I was one of several program managers that built the expansion of the Sisters of Mercy hospital in Laredo, TX. Walking accross the bridge was easy, many a good bars and resturants within the 1 block radius of the square.

I remember a nice town, good people and great food. Have not been back since 1999.

sinjefe
06-24-2011, 12:58
Laredo (or any of the other border towns, except El Paso) is nothing like it was ten years ago. Crime ridden now.

Dusty
06-24-2011, 13:14
In '01 the Mex army transfered some soldiers up north that had been stationed in Chiapas.
They were told to patrol the border and thought the Rio Grande river went from Texas to California so just kept driving north into Arizona. They stoped and had their 'maps' out when they got to Interstate 10. 3 hummers with .50's.
They were totally clueless.

lol That reminds me of the movie, "The Russians Are Coming!(x2)"

greenberetTFS
06-24-2011, 13:36
lol That reminds me of the movie, "The Russians Are Coming!(x2)"

:D:D:D

Big Teddy :munchin

wet dog
06-24-2011, 14:04
Laredo (or any of the other border towns, except El Paso) is nothing like it was ten years ago. Crime ridden now.

Sad. I liked Loredo, and Nuevo Laredo very much.