PDA

View Full Version : SFC Kyle Trout

Shark Bait
06-19-2011, 06:54
When I encountered this guy sporting his Tab, I initiated some of the standard vetting that we all do when meeting another potential SF soldier.

His story immediately clued me into his BS. I was amazed that he had not done some better research prior to playing dress up.

He told me how he had been a chaplian's assistant and had to attend SFQC because his chaplian was going to an SF Group and the Q course. Along with the SF Tab, he wore an 82nd ABN combat patch and jump wings with a mustard stain. His claim for those was that he had jumped into Panama with the 82nd and that they had bumped an infantryman off the bird so he, as a chaplain's assistant, could jump with the unit.

I did some checking with JFKSWC and he never attended training, of course. Trout did have orders awarding him the "S" identifier, which I found odd since I thought that went away when the 18 series came about. JFKSWC told me that SF support personnel can be awarded the "S" identifier if they are well liked or something like that.

I also checked with the 82nd Airborne Division museum. They had a good historical record of the participants in "Just Cause". Yup, you guessed it, he was nowhere in it.

I had filed a report with his chain of command, but don't know the outcome. All I know is that he is out of the National Guard now. I felt he was worthy of adding to your list of Ultramaroons.

JJ_BPK
06-19-2011, 07:05
SB

Good Job,, Do you have any info on this POS?? It would be interesting to see what his civilian life has evolved into...

Might also be a good idea to pass the info to P.O.W. Net to get him some well deserved exposure...

:munchin

Shark Bait
06-19-2011, 07:19
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps the SF Association would be interested, too. I seem to recall him mentioning the association at some point.

I will look for the info I had on him. This was several years back. What specifically would help? DOB, etc.?

JJ_BPK
06-19-2011, 07:42
What specifically would help? DOB, etc.?

Anything public or published..

Dusty
06-19-2011, 07:47
Cue Jaws theme song...

BKKMAN
06-19-2011, 10:50
After we went to 18 Series MOS, the "S" identifier was changed to the following:

SQI 'S' - SPECIAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT PERSONNEL

So if your boy had orders for the S identifier, it doesn't mean he went through the Q. It just means that he got coded with that particular SQI so that his assignments would take him from SOF unit to SOF unit in a support role (cook, admin, commo monkey (no offense intended), etc.)

blue02hd
06-19-2011, 12:36
After we went to 18 Series MOS, the "S" identifier was changed to the following:

SQI 'S' - SPECIAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT PERSONNEL

So if your boy had orders for the S identifier, it doesn't mean he went through the Q. It just means that he got coded with that particular SQI so that his assignments would take him from SOF unit to SOF unit in a support role (cook, admin, commo monkey (no offense intended), etc.)

Just like Chief Ribeck,,, He's just a cook,,,,

greenberetTFS
06-19-2011, 13:07
When I encountered this guy sporting his Tab, I initiated some of the standard vetting that we all do when meeting another potential SF soldier.

His story immediately clued me into his BS. I was amazed that he had not done some better research prior to playing dress up.

He told me how he had been a chaplian's assistant and had to attend SFQC because his chaplian was going to an SF Group and the Q course. Along with the SF Tab, he wore an 82nd ABN combat patch and jump wings with a mustard stain. His claim for those was that he had jumped into Panama with the 82nd and that they had bumped an infantryman off the bird so he, as a chaplain's assistant, could jump with the unit.

I did some checking with JFKSWC and he never attended training, of course. Trout did have orders awarding him the "S" identifier, which I found odd since I thought that went away when the 18 series came about. JFKSWC told me that SF support personnel can be awarded the "S" identifier if they are well liked or something like that.

I also checked with the 82nd Airborne Division museum. They had a good historical record of the participants in "Just Cause". Yup, you guessed it, he was nowhere in it.

I had filed a report with his chain of command, but don't know the outcome. All I know is that he is out of the National Guard now. I felt he was worthy of adding to your list of Ultramaroons.

How in the f**k does he get an "S" identifier because he's well liked?......:mad:
What kind of BS is going on at JFKSWC that this s**t is possible?.......:mad:

Big Teddy :munchin

PRB
06-19-2011, 14:35
BT,
He got the "S" as described above. Today it only signifies support personnel that have served in SF units, it, along with a parachute rating allows them to be looked at for further support positions in the sof (ranger also) community.
Has nothing to do with SF qual since the 18 series/tab came into being.

Peregrino
06-19-2011, 21:42
Actually, the current use of the "S" identifier for support personnel is very useful. It allows the assignments personnel to keep track of the "well liked" guys and ensure that we (the Regiment) can continue to use and abuse them. In theory, the ones who aren't well liked (didn't do a good job, got in trouble, couldn't play well with others) don't get the "S", go away, and never come back. It's not a guarantee, it's an award and requires three years of "exemplary service to the Regiment". (No - the AR doesn't really say that! :rolleyes:)

JJ_BPK
06-20-2011, 03:31
Like Ted, being old school, when I hear someone has the S or 3 in their mos, we are thinking SF qualified..

:munchin

Shark Bait
06-20-2011, 07:46
It appears that all I succeeded in doing was getting the Tab off his shirt. I figured you guys should hear the name, just in case he turns up somewhere. If he keeps to his MO, he will have a lot of SF stickers on his truck and wear SF t-shirts. Standard M-1A1 poser stuff.