PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding tattoos

Game Trained
06-18-2011, 01:39
Is there any issue with getting tattoos? Such as identity verification? Or anything similar?

I would like to get one on my chest, I just don't want it to jeopardize any option for top secret jobs.

Thanks in advanced.

7624U
06-18-2011, 02:33
A. No

Drop 50 fire for effect

head
06-18-2011, 03:10
Do a search for "tattoos" - plenty of advice.

Fix your profile - "access denied" is not a location.

Dusty
06-18-2011, 06:20
I've got the Superman Shield tat on my chest from shoulder to shoulder and Adam's apple to navel.

Never regretted it-chick magnet, dude.:rolleyes:

greenberetTFS
06-18-2011, 07:04
I've got tattoo's on both my arms and I've regretted it all my life.............:( However,maybe before going to SFAS get a really nice big one that says: Special Forces, Death before Dishonor, De Oppresso Liber........:D The NCO's will love it and think you're a real Gung Ho candidate ............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

The Reaper
06-18-2011, 07:28
Since you feel like starting new threads asking questions without doing any research of your own, search "tattoos" here and let me know what you find.

You have 48 hours.

TR

blue02hd
06-18-2011, 07:33
Since you feel like starting new threads asking questions without doing any research of your own, search "tattoos" here and let me know what you find.

You have 48 hours.

TR

Shot Over,,

drechsla
07-27-2012, 11:53
Please delete my posts

1stindoor
07-27-2012, 13:18
Do some research brother, if you're not willing to do the legwork on something this simple how do you expect to make it through selection.
RICH

Yeah...you tell him. Like making this your first post....or answering for the SF guys...thanks for picking up after us. You're swell. I want you on my team.

ETA: A very helpful post.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22758

drechsla
07-29-2012, 12:23
I apologize, I apparently didn't read the rules thoroughly or the question that was asked.

Pete
07-29-2012, 12:33
I apologize, I apparently didn't read the rules thoroughly or the question that was asked.

Or correct your first and second mistakes on this board - yet.

But you better - and pretty quick.

bushmaster11
08-26-2012, 14:42
Considered SF tattoo after SF qual. Like many, did not for the potential for adverse action under operational concerns. Waited until after retirement. Then had normal sized MACVSOG patch as if worn on uniform, that way it is not seen even with T-shirt. Many employers have negative reactions. Took a number of places that could duplicate colors right.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

JSMosby
08-28-2012, 07:01
When you get to your Top Secret unit, you have two options for tattoos paid for by the USG. #1 is the old school rectangle that covers your eyes, #2 is the more modern "blurry" tattoo that is much more face friendly, since it doesn't come with the hard lines of the rectangle. Other than that, most Top Secret units encourage "meat tags," "whooa tats," and especially love when you get most of your 201 file inked in. It's how they figure out who the real low profile "quiet professionals" are.

Eagle5US
08-28-2012, 07:59
When you get to your Top Secret unit, you have two options for tattoos paid for by the USG. #1 is the old school rectangle that covers your eyes, #2 is the more modern "blurry" tattoo that is much more face friendly, since it doesn't come with the hard lines of the rectangle. Other than that, most Top Secret units encourage "meat tags," "whooa tats," and especially love when you get most of your 201 file inked in. It's how they figure out who the real low profile "quiet professionals" are.
:D

Adam1680
08-28-2012, 08:08

Or even better.. They should get your avatar tattooed somewhere visible while they are in regular clothes.. So when they come to the middle east or Afghanistan, they can try and convince the people they are here to help..