PDA

View Full Version : SOPMOD Stock LMT

MVP
06-07-2011, 11:47
I could not find anything on the site regarding LMTs SOPMOD stock ISFA quality and cost. I would like to replace my current civilian tubed collapsible stock and really like the LMT version but not the price. What gives here, how can a little bit of plastic cost $199? This is not a complete stock assy just the sliding butt portion with the locking device. I really cannot see more than $10 difference between a standard stock and the LMT version.

LMT mentions on their website that there is a copy out there, anyone seen or handled one of these?

MVP

Jumped the gun a little here and found this searching the web. Can you believe these stock are bought by the Govt for $13 each and LMT wants $199 for their version!!!

https://aais.ria.army.mil/aais/award_web_10/W52H0910D00240001/000000.pdf

MK262MOD1
06-07-2011, 14:33
I hate the price but it is absolutely the best AR stock I have ever used.

I have been using them for about 4.5 years on my carbine and even used one on a MK12 for awhile.

199 is a lot but its the best stock going.

koz
06-07-2011, 16:14
Take a look at the Magpul ACS stock. Very similar to the LMT stock except the lower battery compartment. KAC is using it on their M110C offering to USASOC (no KAC comments please :cool:).

Both the ACS and the LMT have about the same cheek weld, the ACS seems a little heavier, but the ACS works better in the prone and it's far easier to access the batteries in the tubes.

It's available for $100 at several places.

The Reaper
06-07-2011, 16:27
There is no other source and people are willing to pay that much and more for them.

TR

Peregrino
06-07-2011, 20:21
The LMT stock is intended for the milspec reciever extension tubes. If you are going from a civilian butstock assy to an LMT assy, it'll cost about $260 for everything. And yes - I paid cash for mine because it's what I wanted/liked.

BRAVO-SMASH
06-07-2011, 21:25
It is a damn good stock. I pulled mine from my personal LMT M4 and used it for war.

Iraqgunz
06-08-2011, 04:31
An associate of mine picked one up from eBay for 175.00 complete. As far as I can tell it is the real deal. That included the stock, hardware and tube.

Roguish Lawyer
06-08-2011, 19:33
I have one so they must be good. ;)

PMC
06-08-2011, 21:47
MVP,
Forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, I am not meaning to lack SA, just thought I would offer you this link:

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index8&NewProduct=0&Product_CatalogID=2937&ProductCode=1&RecordNo=1&sc=yes#

I hope that gives you the link in proper format, I am not technologically sophisticated. I have this Choate version which shows to list at $102. It is slightly different from the LMT. I use it on a 50 Beowulf upper and it handles recoil just fine.

Have a good day,

PMC

MVP
06-09-2011, 07:55
I just received a military price list form LMT, they offer the stock only for $189. I think I will go with the MAGPUL since it fits the heavier civilian buffer tube and I do not have a GOW I may want to transfer the stock to..

MVP

Iraqgunz
06-10-2011, 00:43
MVP,

I see that you are in AZ. Contact me first because I can hook you up for less than what you will pay. I can get that LMT stock for almost 20.00 less than that.

In addition I can get Magpul, Vltor, etc... and I can swap tubes if you would rather install a milspec tube on your AR. I live in the greater Phoenix area.

I just received a military price list form LMT, they offer the stock only for $189. I think I will go with the MAGPUL since it fits the heavier civilian buffer tube and I do not have a GOW I may want to transfer the stock to..

MVP

Dohhunter
06-10-2011, 07:24
Wicked stock and the cheek weld/LOP for this tall fucker is impeccable.

kgoerz
06-10-2011, 08:10
Clear a hard pull with some of the cheaper stocks and watch then break. Do it with a SOPMOD, watch it not break. Especially when shooters are under pressure. I would guess anything MAGPUL has can take a beating.

MVP
06-14-2011, 13:17
IG,

Not sure why I would put a thinner walled mil-spec tube on a rifle since I am not reliant on Mil stuff anymore. Thx for the offer but I have my owns tools and get wholesale from most companies even without an FFL. Sort of a benefit from having been in the "gun community" for a couple of days.

The MAGPUL looks better the more I think about it.

Iraqgunz
06-14-2011, 18:04
MVP,

No worries just trying to help. As for the milspec tubes, they are more robust than commercial especially ones since they are made from 7075 and some commercial tubes are made from 6061. In addition they are almost always forged vs. extrusions and the threads on milspec tubes are cut differently and better.

IG,

Not sure why I would put a thinner walled mil-spec tube on a rifle since I am not reliant on Mil stuff anymore. Thx for the offer but I have my owns tools and get wholesale from most companies even without an FFL. Sort of a benefit from having been in the "gun community" for a couple of days.

The MAGPUL looks better the more I think about it.

Justinmd
06-16-2011, 23:53
MVP, send me a pm if you decide on the Magpul stock. I might know someone....