PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to NW Florida - New 7th Gp Compound overview

heron20
06-06-2011, 10:25
Went on a tour of the new headquarters building and grounds of the new cantonment area. Must say it's sharp.

As you relocate to the Okaloosa County area, please exercise caution. As always, many are out there trying to get access to and take advantage of soldiers and their families. A good place to go for local information is www.welcometonorthwestflorida.com. This website is maintained by the local workforce development board (think Florida Department of Labor) and provides information on schools, employment, housing, etc. without a sales pitch. Just good usable information. I'm your local veteran employment representative for the area. Here to help if you need a hand. Don't hesitate to reach out.

Welcome to the Emerald Coast.

Edited title to reflect post content.

Snaquebite
07-08-2011, 13:32
Direct link to pdf presentation and compound overview...

Those team rooms are awesome...
http://www.welcometonorthwestflorida.com/pdf/2010ftbraggleadershipbrief.pdf

heron20
07-08-2011, 14:07
Can't believe how much space they have. Awesome. I'd like to get a peek at the new physical training facility. Heard it's great.

Jgood
07-08-2011, 17:06
Ill go on the record, am jealous of the team rooms

Hacksaw
07-09-2011, 05:14
Holy shit! That place is bad ass. I didn't see anything about ranges on the compound, anyone know if there will be a small arms range and a helo or MFF DZ?

Hacksaw
07-09-2011, 05:16
My mistake, I see the indoor range.

Richard
07-09-2011, 05:32
Ah...the acronyms...where would the military be without the acronyms.

It isn't merely a gym, it's a Combat Fitness Training Facility.

It isn't merely a pool, it's a MarOps Training Facility.

One downside I see to the new location is its proximity to AFSOC and USSOCOM HQs - will the 7th now have to field an on-going Gabriel Det for all the VIPs wanting to see/show off the SOF "state of the art" facilities?

That's one hell of a layout - I look forward to visiting one day.

Richard :munchin

greenberetTFS
07-09-2011, 06:09
Wow.........;) They've come a long way from those WW2 barracks we had in the mid- 50's at Ft. Bragg....... :D:D

Big Teddy :munchin

Stras
07-09-2011, 06:40

If they call it a gym or pool then it will be open to everyone with an ID card to use as an MWR facility. Hence the naming conventions to keep Mary Jane and Billy Bob out of the Group compounds.

sinjefe
07-09-2011, 09:23

One downside I see to the new location is its proximity to AFSOC and USSOCOM HQs - will the 7th now have to field an on-going Gabriel Det for all the VIPs wanting to see/show off the SOF "state of the art" facilities?

That's one hell of a layout - I look forward to visiting one day.

Speaking from 14 years at Bragg pre-9/11, being in FL will never come close to the BS that 3rd and 7th had to endure during red cycles.

ChuckG
07-09-2011, 12:27
Speaking from 14 years at Bragg pre-9/11, being in FL will never come close to the BS that 3rd and 7th had to endure during red cycles.

Still remember in 86 myself and my Company SGM driving a shuttle bus around post because we didn't want to go to the commissary and do inventory. Post support really sucked.

Richard
07-09-2011, 12:32

We viewed that as a huge incentive to either be in school or deployed as much as possible during those times. ;)

Richard

Habu-MFFI 175
07-17-2011, 20:58
Its about time the teams finally have some room for their gear and themselves. This is a great setup.

When I started in SF in 77' we were in the old WW!! barracks. I went to FT Lewis when 1st Gp reactivated, again old barracks. Back to Bragg to SWC, yep old barracks.

After the SWC tour I went back to 7th and they were in new buildings. Still no room in the team rooms but better than the old barracks.

Now they have tons of room....good for them.

:cool:

PRB
07-17-2011, 21:38
Damn that's nice

Tress
07-17-2011, 23:03
Nice digs......... Two floors per team room and the equipment is downstairs.

Future Team-guys will never be able to enjoy the excitement and thrill of moving those damned heavy team boxes up and down the narrow stairs of the WWII buildings

The new digs may have a pool but the old WWII buildings on Smokebomb Hill had lots of character. :rolleyes:

Where else could you punch a hole in the wall and have no one notice it for weeks. :eek:

Tress

ODA CDR (RET)
08-23-2011, 16:12
I look forward to being invited!

Utah Bob
09-27-2011, 18:21
:lifter Makes the old WWII buildings at Devens look downright pedestrian.

Damn I'm old.

heron20
09-28-2011, 09:24
The Ribbon Cutting and Open House will be October 14.

Dozer523
09-28-2011, 09:31
Wow.........;) They've come a long way from those WW2 barracks we had in the mid- 50's at Ft. Bragg....... :D:D

Big Teddy :munchinWOW! is right!!!
Two story Team Rooms with showers. Surprised there aren't bunks. Amazing! Good for you 7th, well deserved.