PDA

View Full Version : San Diego County Pigs

Roguish Lawyer
06-02-2011, 12:33
Hmmmmmm . . .

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jun/01/forest-service-and-blm-plan-exterminate-countys-wi/

greenberetTFS
06-02-2011, 12:40
Hmmmmmm . . .

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jun/01/forest-service-and-blm-plan-exterminate-countys-wi/

WTF ?.........:eek: How much money is Jerry Brown going to save the state hunting down these pigs?........:confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

Pete
06-02-2011, 13:03
".........and even shooting from helicopters ................"

Maybe they could call in Palin to give them a few pointers on how to do it. Oh, wait, that would force CA to admit that hunting from helicopters is a technique.

PSM
06-02-2011, 13:48
the pigs are mostly nocturnal and roam in the deepest, most inaccessible and vegetated canyons in the backcountry.

Yep, perfect conditions for helicopter-hunting. ;)

Pat

mark46th
06-02-2011, 15:51
The pigs are killing future trees! Why do you think Governor Moonbeam is going after them?

200-300 pigs? Each sow can have 10-20 piglets per year. If the climate cooperates, there could be 3-4000 in a year or two. The limiting factor in their population is water. That part of San Diego County is the Western edge of the Mojave Desert, not a lot of natural water sources. I'll hunt them if I can.

I just made 40 pounds of Cheese Bratwurst, Italian and Polish Sausage from the one I shot in March...

mark46th
06-02-2011, 16:40
Another thought came to mind- If the Forest Service and BLM want to kill all the feral pigs, why don't they kill all the wild burros and horses, also? They do as much damage to the habitat as the pigs.

JJ_BPK
06-02-2011, 17:11
The pigs are killing future trees! Why do you think Governor Moonbeam is going after them? 200-300 pigs? Each sow can have 10-20 piglets per year. If the climate cooperates, there could be 3-4000 in a year or two.

How many cannabis sativa farms are symptomatically destroyed by the carnage wrought by these insidious vermin??

That's got to cost Kalifornicate bazillions a year in tax revenue, soaring unemployment, and lost tourista pesos..

Utterly devastating..

mark46th
06-06-2011, 08:52
There was an article in the Orange County Register newspaper this morning regarding this story. More worries about the Coastal Live oak and Black oak trees. Oh, and peta is pissed off, too... They especially don't like the helicopter hunting option...