PDA

View Full Version : To all active and retired military

steve912
05-29-2011, 19:45
I just wanted to personally thank you all for your service to our country and our people, and imo the best people our country has to offer May God bless all of you and your families.

-steve

Buffalobob
05-30-2011, 08:22
Do not know why this thread was started but I may move a lot slower than I used to but I'm not dead.

Memorial Day is for remembering those who died. Veterans Day is for those of us who still have occasional alpha waves mixed in with our Delta and Theta waves.

Blitzzz (RIP)
05-30-2011, 08:56
On Memorial Day.

While this country is built on the Ideals of freedom and self worth expressed in the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and it’s Amendments, and Politicians struggle for personal power and influence having taken an oath of office similar to the military. It is held firmly together by the mortar provided by the blood, bodies, and souls of Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, and Guardsmen. Men and women, who regardless of personal views, strengths, or weaknesses, Provide in the final moments of their lives, an equal portion to the solidity of the national Mortar. The Mortar is their lives for freedom and your security.
In Gods hands are all these souls held in final peace.
May the American People always be graced in peace behind the walls held together by the souls of the military.
Dave Boltz MSG (RET) USSF

steve912
05-30-2011, 12:59
Yes sir, I was just remembering my grandfather and how hard life had to have been for him and my family to be gone as much as he was. I do understand it is a day for those that have passed, but I also was just apprieciative of how much you all sacrifice, and just wanted to thank you all for that. I would never try and take away from the day and why we celebrate it.

That being said, my grandfather, Byron Hall put 30 years of his life in the corps and served in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. He was part of the Grey ghost squad, and to the day he died never once complained. My he rest with honor, and in peace.

steve912
05-30-2011, 13:03
Blitz,

It could not be said any better sir.