PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade Questions

Kyobanim
09-04-2004, 05:24
Things look slightly different but after a little exploration you'll see lots of improvements.

Improvement 1 - There is a button in the top right section of the board under the Home of the QP logo called LINKS. Click this button and you will find shortcuts to the functions that are used most including Who's Online, New Posts and items in the User CP, among others.

Improvement 2 - Hover the mouse pointer over a topic and the first message will preview in a popup window.

Improvement 3 - Private messages is now organized into an easy to view interface with a graphic at the top indicating space usage.

Improvement 4 - You can download all of your private message as either a XML, TXT, or CSV file! This Rocks!

Improvement 5 - in addition to attaching images to your post, you can now attach text and zip files in addition to a slew of image file formats.

Improvement 6 - Attachment listing. Look at the User CP, on the left side of the screen is a menu. At the bottom is a link to Attachments. If you view this you can see every attachment you have made to posts and how much space in the database these attachments are taking up. This looks like a good place to do personal maintenance. I noticed that my attachments alone are taking up 6 MEGS of space. If you do remove attachments that are linked to a post remember that they will be replaced by the dredded red "X". I'm sure Team Sergeant and Dan will let us know when it's time to clean it up.

Improvement 6 - Adding hyperlinks to a post - To add a hyperlink to your post look at the light grey section of the posting screen. Under the font size menu is a blu/green globe with a chain link below it. Click this icon and a window will appear. Enter the text you wish to use and click OK. In the next window that pops up ender the hyperlink you wish to use, click OK when finished.

NousDefionsDoc
09-05-2004, 18:53
Ok, need a new class on how to post links with a different name than the address.

Sweetbriar
09-05-2004, 19:19
It's that little globe with a chain link icon.

NousDefionsDoc
09-05-2004, 23:02
Test Shot (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=589&e=6&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/colombia_crime_museum)

Thanks

Smokin Joe
09-06-2004, 00:24
Test Shot (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=589&e=6&u=/ap/20040902/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/colombia_crime_museum)

Thanks

G2G NDD

Worked for me

Air.177
09-07-2004, 10:02
Question:
How does one go about changing avatars?

I go to the User/CP section and select change Avatar, but all I get for options are,"Do Not use an Avatar", Save Changes, and Reset Fields. I am sure this is ridiculously simple, but can someone at least point me in the right direction please?

Kyobanim
09-07-2004, 10:25
In the Edit Avatar link there should be a section under your current avatar called "Use Custom Avatar"

In this section there should be a place to upload a custom avatar from your computer. Do you not have this?

Air.177
09-07-2004, 10:31
In the Edit Avatar link there should be a section under your current avatar called "Use Custom Avatar"

In this section there should be a place to upload a custom avatar from your computer. Do you not have this?

Negative.

I have a little Bubble that I can select for no avatar, also two buttons underneath that say," Save Changes", and, "Reset Fields"

I am not seeing any place to upload anything.

Kyobanim
09-07-2004, 10:32
This sounds like a job for an admin. I don't have access to your account settings. Sorry. I'll pass it on.

Ambush Master
09-07-2004, 10:39
I'm on it.

Solid
09-12-2004, 10:35
I'm having the same problem as Air. Could I have a hand?

Thanks,

Solid

alphamale
09-12-2004, 10:44
Sir Ambush, me 3 !

FrontSight

Solid
09-12-2004, 17:36
Thank you for allowing me to use an avatar.

RL- You like?

Solid

Ambush Master
09-12-2004, 19:06
I fixed the Avatar thing for now. There may still be a problem with it, so if it goes away again, we'll be working on it.

Later
Martin

Solid
09-12-2004, 19:19
Thanks, AM, will do.

Solid

alphamale
09-12-2004, 20:09
Thanks Ambush!

My P7 was getting jealous of all the avatar time my J-frame was getting. ;)

FrontSight

RangerRick
02-10-2005, 21:47
got the same problem with the avatar, any help would be great..

New to the board

thanks

Kyobanim
02-11-2005, 04:02
You need to have 100 posts before yo can put up an avatar. That's the way the board is configured.

Sacamuelas
02-11-2005, 08:22
You need to have 100 posts before yo can put up an avatar. That's the way the board is configured.

RangerRick-
The above is 100% accurate, unless you are current or prior SF. I saw this in your profile-Served in the following units.:
82 lrsd , 20th SFG

If you are a QP, then PM one of the admins and they will fix you up with whatever you want. Otherwise, see above advice by KYO.