PDA

View Full Version : Bad Tolz BN run standards?

Combat Diver
05-14-2011, 05:54
Guys, my mind is a bit foggy but wasn't the 1/10th standard at Bad Tolz, 6 miles in 50 minutes? I'm getting myself back into my old Scuba fitness self since I retired. I'm currently running 5k in 27-28 minutes.

CD

Richard
05-14-2011, 06:04
The only running standard(s) we had when I was there were the quarterly run up and down the Blomberg (no set time) and the APFT two mile run IAW the Army scoring system for age groupings - my best time was 11:09 for two miles in combat boots and OG-107 fatigues.

Richard

Trex
05-14-2011, 19:17
but not all did :)

SF_BHT
05-14-2011, 19:26
but not all did :)

So are you someone special? Follow the rules and stop posting until you conform with the board rules that were sent you in the welcome e-mail.....:munchin

csquare
05-16-2011, 08:50
That 6 miles in 50 mins was the old Trojan Warrior time standard. When we did the APFT, qualified with rifle and pistol, 100 question written exam and a 10 km run in one day. Then the 3 days of treking across the country side doing common skills testing. I think it was 15-20k between points and did 2 points per day.

wet dog
05-16-2011, 10:13
That 6 miles in 50 mins was the old Trojan Warrior time standard. When we did the APFT, qualified with rifle and pistol, 100 question written exam and a 10 km run in one day. Then the 3 days of treking across the country side doing common skills testing. I think it was 15-20k between points and did 2 points per day.

Hey brother, what was the "100 questions"?

example please.....

Dusty
05-16-2011, 10:16
The only running standard(s) we had when I was there were the quarterly run up and down the Blomberg (no set time) and the APFT two mile run IAW the Army scoring system for age groupings - my best time was 11:09 for two miles in combat boots and OG-107 fatigues.

Richard

That's fast.

csquare
05-16-2011, 12:05
the exam was over SF common skills.

Richard
05-16-2011, 13:14
RE: Trojan Warrior Test

We used to do something similar in the 7th whenever we came off of a support cycle and went into a 'go' cycle. The usual drill was a week long and consisted of:

Team Alert
Isolation/Pre-Mission Prep/PT Test
Parachute Infil
Tactical Movement to conduct link-up w/G's
Skills testing (common and MOS specific; hands on and written)
Wpns qual + live fires (IADs/mortars)

I don't remember what they were called; Group ran them and we referred to them as 'Slingshots'.

Richard

Combat Diver
05-17-2011, 01:21

csquare,

Thanks, that's what I thought is was. I remember that year we did the Trojan Warrior, I had just left 012 we were on and went to 015. About 75 miles in 3 days bouncing across Bavaria. 12 miles straight line between points. I had forgotten about the written test. Working up to my first marathon here.

CD

MVP
05-17-2011, 09:01
Trojan test, Sparten Warrior, Stress test...

Seems like every iteration had a new twist. I remember one version in 86 that ended at the range. We had Dillon as TL, Reiman as TS, Busted our asses for the ruck and stopped at a GastStadte for lunch and a bier. By the time we got back under the rucks everyone's muscles had tightened up and we could barely make the last 3Km to the range.

MVP

Dusty
05-17-2011, 09:09
Trojan test, Sparten Warrior, Stress test...

Seems like every iteration had a new twist. I remember one version in 86 that ended at the range. We had Dillon as TL, Reiman as TS, Busted our asses for the ruck and stopped at a GastStadte for lunch and a bier. By the time we got back under the rucks everyone's muscles had tightened up and we could barely make the last 3Km to the range.

MVP

Ein bier ain't enough to keep you loose, Bro...:D

bost1751
05-17-2011, 10:47
When Jim Guest was Bn Cdr he came up with a 5 or 6 mile run. time was for the ODA. I recall it lasted once and then went by the wayside.

MVP
05-17-2011, 14:09
I suspect the schweinshaxe slowed us down a bit as well;)

MVP

Utah Bob
07-26-2011, 16:52
Run? When I was there we skied in the winter and humped in the summer. :D

Of course that was just after the Franco-Prussian War.:rolleyes:

Richard
07-26-2011, 17:19
Run? When I was there we skied in the winter and humped in the summer. :D

Of course that was just after the Franco-Prussian War.:rolleyes:

Ah - the Schlieffen Plan - we studied it but were up to OPLAN 4102 by the time I got there and only had to worry about fighting in one direction. :rolleyes:

Richard :munchin

alby502
08-16-2011, 03:19
Hello,
I served in 1/10 between 1987-1990. There was a period that our "higher ups" developed an ODA validation. Part of that process was a timed 6 mile run under 50 minutes. You may be thinking of that. I only had to run it once. I think it was Feb 1989 (?) that B Co did it.

Stras
08-16-2011, 07:18
Hello,
I served in 1/10 between 1987-1990. There was a period that our "higher ups" developed an ODA validation. Part of that process was a timed 6 mile run under 50 minutes. You may be thinking of that. I only had to run it once. I think it was Feb 1989 (?) that B Co did it.

Alby502,

Welcome to the website. Please comply with the instructions that you were given by the Moderators. Please post an Intro before making any other posts.

Bennett
08-17-2011, 17:39
I remember it well, the Gummymeyer hill run that started at the water station at the end of upper housing (10K). PT test that afternoon, then range with the test then a three day hump to just south of Munich and back. Tore my feet up we had just spent the week before in the water at Chiemsee. I seem to remember the 015 using their Nubian from the survival packs? Anyway 013 “won” so they got to go to Bragg and do it all over again, never laughed so hard when we found out. Coach Helt and Jean Wilson were so pissed. Ya, good times.

alby502
08-18-2011, 01:38
I remember the first day being an APFT, swim test, range, 100 question SQT-related test with 6 or so pull ups before the test, then the 10k under 50 minutes. The next three days were hands-on skills tests before, between and after two 10 mile legs each day. I always thought my feet were pretty hard until I finished the 60th mile.......

My biggset complaint was that Bn staff kept on changing what we were to do giving the appearance of a bunch of staff weenies dreaming up things to do without testing things out themselves of course. Never mind that no one had the manuals that the questions were to come from.

Anyway.....

Combat Diver
08-19-2011, 23:13
You would also think that the Bn Cdr and CSM would be at the gate when teams came in from those 3 days of marching. Never saw them, did have a good time. Bennett, yeah there were a few that did go into those packs. I do remember SFC Allen having racks of beer in the Isar River for us when we got to the 18B site. ;)

CD

Aoresteen
12-08-2011, 10:33
Around '82 (??) COL Holt had ALL ODAs run a full or half marathon at Chiemsee. We (ODA 123) opted for the 1/2 and called it a day.

Other than that, just the 2 mile run. We did have a timed rucksack march from DZ Karen back to Tolz but no run.