PDA

View Full Version : Doc

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 17:25
Welcome to our newest member, Doc!

TR

Ambush Master
09-02-2004, 17:30
Welcome aboard Doc !!! Been looking forward to the day that I could say that !!!

Take care.
Martin

Team Sergeant
09-02-2004, 17:32
Welcome Doc!

Kyobanim
09-02-2004, 17:33
Welcome, Doc!

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 17:35
I don't see him...But a big welcome, anyway!

Terry:)

Bill Harsey
09-02-2004, 17:37
Welcome aboard Sir.

Solid
09-02-2004, 17:39
Welcome, Doc!

Solid

Sacamuelas
09-02-2004, 17:46
Welcome

Roguish Lawyer
09-02-2004, 17:54
Welcome!

Gypsy
09-02-2004, 18:24
Please pardon my ignorance...but is this the Doc?

Welcome aboard!

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 18:33
Originally posted by Gypsy
Please pardon my ignorance...but is this the Doc?

Welcome aboard!

I believe it is.

The Man, the Myth, the Legend.

To know him is to love him.

TR

Gypsy
09-02-2004, 18:37
Excellent! Thanks TR.

DOC! You've been missed.

Eagle5US
09-02-2004, 18:41
Bout fetchin time...
Glad you're here...

Eagle

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:00
Thanks folks,

It's good to come back in out of the cold and be among friends. I hope that each and every one of you and your families are doing well.

Susan, the kids and I are doing well. We have been busy. I have been working during the day and taking a Master's Degree Program/ Certification Program to boot. Time has flown.

It will be great way to relieve stress by coming in here and sharing a laugh.

Does anyone need a beer while I am up?

Doc

Roguish Lawyer
09-02-2004, 19:01
Originally posted by Doc

Yes, please. LOL

Gypsy
09-02-2004, 19:04
Originally posted by Doc

Doc

Oh I will, please! :D

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 19:06
Originally posted by Doc

Doc

A beer?

Do they come in singular units?

TR

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:10
So what have you folks been up to lately?

I'm staying up for the President's speak tonight. I hope he kicks ass and takes names. Zell Miller was rocking last night.

I'm on a few days off following a car wreck Susan and I were in last Saturday. Got rear-ended which did not help my back out much.

What's been going on?

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:11
Originally posted by The Reaper
A beer?

Do they come in singular units?

TR

I can carry 3 beers in each hand if they are long necks.

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 19:15
Originally posted by Doc
So what have you folks been up to lately?

I'm staying up for the President's speak tonight. I hope he kicks ass and takes names. Zell Miller was rocking last night.

I'm on a few days off following a car wreck Susan and I were in last Saturday. Got rear-ended which did not help my back out much.

What's been going on?

Doc:

There is a thread here on Zell and his speech, as well as some of the others.

Lots of knife people here, and gear guys.

One of the best things is the tons of FOGs, and 18Xs here now, along with our vets and civilian supporters. There are a lot of QPs here as well.

BTW, max capacity for me is four per hand, using the thumb. Are you missing that?

TR

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 19:17
Doc:

Speaking of beer, I still have that beer I brought back for you from Prague, at least I think it was Prague.

Everybody recovering from the accident?

Terry

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:18
Doc:

There is a thread here on Zell and his speech, as well as some of the others.

Lots of knife people here, and gear guys.

One of the best things is the tons of FOGs, and 18Xs here now, along with our vets and civilian supporters. There are a lot of QPs here as well.

BTW, max capacity for me is four per hand, using the thumb. Are you missing that?

TR

Is there anything that you can't do? :D

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:24
Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
Doc:

Speaking of beer, I still have that beer I brought back for you from Prague, at least I think it was Prague.

Everybody recovering from the accident?

Terry

Terry,

Thanks, I believe Susan and I will be OK. My back still hurts but I'm self-medicating right now so between it and the beers I'll survive. Susan's too mean and tough to let a TA affect her. :D

Czech beer. You still have it. I love you man! :lifter

Where have you been lately?

Doc

Guy
09-02-2004, 19:24
How's it going there?

I would have to type up a thesis to explain what I have been doing.:D

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:25
Is Guy still alive?

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:28
Damn!

I post a comment on Guy and when I review it, he pops up on the radar screen.

How the hell are you Guy!

Smokin Joe
09-02-2004, 19:32
Welcome Doc

Great to have you here

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-02-2004, 19:37
Welcome aboard Doc.

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:39
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
Welcome Doc

Great to have you here

Thanks smokin Joe.

I thought at first that you were a CSM from 7th GP who had the same nickname. I was worried as some people had went into his office and never returned. We never did know what happened to them. Such was the power of the BN CSM.

I miss hearing my old CSM bellow down a hallway. You could hear a freaking pin drop after that. People disappeared to get away from him.

Good days.

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:41
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
Welcome aboard Doc.

Thanks Jack,

It's good to be back around this particular breed of folks. You always know where you stand.

Life's good.

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 19:42
Originally posted by Doc
Terry,

Where have you been lately?

Doc

Last 4 months, I believe we have been to Paris, Italy, Hawaii, Budapest, all separate trips, and not in that order...I know I left some out, we are leaving for Brazil in a couple of weeks, then Florence, then I am not sure.

Terry

Doc:

Just cleaned out my inbox.

Doc
09-02-2004, 19:52
Terry,

That's fantastic!

I'm glad you guys are getting to see the world and show them the best that America has to offer.

I'm hoping I can get you guys to stop in at Northern Command HQ's one time in the future. Maybe next year.

Here's wishing you a good time in Brazil!

P.S.

Do they have good beer there?

Doc

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 19:56
Originally posted by Doc
Terry,

That's fantastic!

I'm glad you guys are getting to see the world and show them the best that America has to offer.

I'm hoping I can get you guys to stop in at Northern Command HQ's one time in the future. Maybe next year.

Here's wishing you a good time in Brazil!

P.S.

Do they have good beer there?

Doc

Doc:

I haven't found any really bad beer especially when it's hot out, some just better than others. Hell in VN we even drank warm Carlings Black label, now that wasn't very good.

Terry

editted for stupidity

Doc
09-02-2004, 20:04
Doc:

I haven't found any really bad beer especially when it's hot, some just better than others. Hell in VN we even drank warm Carlings Black label, now that wasn't very good.

Terry

Terry,

Germans drink warm beer. While I don't have a problem with them in general I do wish that they would refrigerate their nectar prior to serving a kind hearted American such as myself.

Drinking warm beer is just wrong IMHO. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to weigh in and register my discontent. It has to be in a bottle also. Guy may drink beer in cans and that's his right and we love him for it, but I want a cold bottle of beer when I'm drinking.

Love ya,

Doc

Eagle5US
09-02-2004, 20:11
Damn fine to see you chatting it up among friends and brothers Doc...your company was sorely missed.
My very best to you and your bride...feel better soon...nothing worse than feeling "gimpy" all the time.

Eagle

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 20:12
Originally posted by Doc
Terry,

Germans drink warm beer. While I don't have a problem with them in general I do wish that they would refrigerate their nectar prior to serving a kind hearted American such as myself.

Drinking warm beer is just wrong IMHO. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to weigh in and register my discontent. It has to be in a bottle also. Guy may drink beer in cans and that's his right and we love him for it, but I want a cold bottle of beer when I'm drinking.

Love ya,

Doc

I have to agree with you, in a bottle, preferrably a long neck, cold enough to have ice crystals formed inside...Damn that sounds good!

I never got used to drinking warm German beer either, and I would watch as some Germans would return their beer because it was too cold, it would be placed in warm water to bring it to the proper temp.

Love you too, brother.

And we indeed need to pay a visit to your AO, we just need to find a time when Nancy can work it into her schedule.

Terry

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 20:27
Originally posted by Doc
Is there anything that you can't do? :D

Stay out of trouble.

But that is an SF thing.

Watch Mr. Harsey, he is getting to know us pretty well, along with Saca, the staff dentist and our legal team of Rogue and Airborne, Attorneys at Law.

Tons of other new faces here contributing as well.

TR

swatsurgeon
09-02-2004, 20:41
Anybody called doc by this group is a welcome addition....from one 'doc' to another...
T-2

Doc
09-02-2004, 21:16
Originally posted by Eagle5US
Damn fine to see you chatting it up among friends and brothers Doc...your company was sorely missed.
My very best to you and your bride...feel better soon...nothing worse than feeling "gimpy" all the time.

Eagle

Thanks Eagle,

That's the great thing among friends. You can go away for a while and then when you come back, it's like you never left.

It's great to be home.

Doc

Doc
09-02-2004, 21:20
Stay out of trouble.

But that is an SF thing.

Watch Mr. Harsey, he is getting to know us pretty well, along with Saca, the staff dentist and our legal team of Rogue and Airborne, Attorneys at Law.

Tons of other new faces here contributing as well.

TR

TR,

Good copy.

I'm glad to see them all again and meet the new folks in time. This site has really taken off and I'm glad to see it happen. You folks have done a good thing here and I know that everyone in here appreciates it.

Doc

Doc
09-02-2004, 21:27
Originally posted by swatsurgeon
Anybody called doc by this group is a welcome addition....from one 'doc' to another...
T-2

Thanks swatsurgeon,

I look forward to hanging out with you guys as long as you'll tolerate me.

Doc

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 21:33
Well stick around. I don't think we have seen half of the potential of this site so far.

TR

Doc
09-02-2004, 21:52
Well stick around. I don't think we have seen half of the potential of this site so far.

TR

TR,

I agree. I think it will get better in the next four years.

Doc

CommoGeek
09-02-2004, 22:15
A month or so ago I was wondering about Doc and thought to PM TR about him. I then decided that The Reaper had better things to do than correspond with me about one of his friends.

Doc, good to see you around, glad to have you back.

Vale Tudo
09-02-2004, 22:19
Sorry I'm a little late, hope I'm not out of line.

Doc: welcome back. You were a big help to me over on SOCNET some time ago. Hope everything's going great for you and your family.

Terry: sir, where abouts in Brazil are you headed? It really is a beautiful country. Rio is absolutely stunning. Best beaches in the world.

Doc
09-02-2004, 22:42
Originally posted by CommoGeek
A month or so ago I was wondering about Doc and thought to PM TR about him. I then decided that The Reaper had better things to do than correspond with me about one of his friends.

Doc, good to see you around, glad to have you back.

CommoGeek,

Simply mention Harley's, guns, fine liquor, or a good cigar in the conversation with TR and he's all ears.

Thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be back with you guys.

Doc

Doc
09-02-2004, 22:44
Originally posted by Vale Tudo
Sorry I'm a little late, hope I'm not out of line.

Doc: welcome back. You were a big help to me over on SOCNET some time ago. Hope everything's going great for you and your family.

Terry: sir, where abouts in Brazil are you headed? It really is a beautiful country. Rio is absolutely stunning. Best beaches in the world.

Vale Tudo,

Thanks for the welcome. Glad I could be of help. The Family's fine and I hope you and your Family are also.

Doc

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 22:48
Originally posted by Vale Tudo

Salvador initially, and then to a private island, can't think of the name of it right now for some diving.

Terry

Doc
09-02-2004, 22:52
Salvador initially, and then to a private island, can't think of the name of it right now for some diving.

Terry

Sounds really nice Terry. Take some photos and send them to me, will ya?

Doc

CPTAUSRET
09-02-2004, 23:02
Originally posted by Doc
Sounds really nice Terry. Take some photos and send them to me, will ya?

Doc

For you, Doc I will do it.

Terry

18C4V
09-02-2004, 23:28
Doc!!!
Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad that you're fine.

I still remember that day at St Mere when you were the JM of my stick.:D

Doc
09-02-2004, 23:37
Originally posted by 18C4V
Doc!!!
Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad that you're fine.

I still remember that day at St Mere when you were the JM of my stick.:D

Thanks 18C4V,

Time sure flies doesn't it? You have made us all proud with what you have done for this country. I hope that you and your family are doing well and that you are home with them. Stay safe in your job.

I almost missed it. You're 18C4V now and the last time I noticed you were 18C3V. Congratulations! You deserve it!

Doc

echoes
09-03-2004, 02:45
Doc,

Sir you may not remember me, but good to see you! This site just got even better! :)

Holly

Guy
09-03-2004, 03:20
Originally posted by Doc
Damn!

I post a comment on Guy and when I review it, he pops up on the radar screen.

How the hell are you Guy!

Went overseas a couple of times. Married, living in this state by the name of California. :eek:

Trying to stay out of trouble and keep a low profile for a tadbit.

Take care bro!

The Reaper
09-03-2004, 08:13
Originally posted by Doc
Thanks 18C4V,

Time sure flies doesn't it? You have made us all proud with what you have done for this country. I hope that you and your family are doing well and that you are home with them. Stay safe in your job.

I almost missed it. You're 18C4V now and the last time I noticed you were 18C3V. Congratulations! You deserve it!

Doc

You don't miss much, do you, Doc?

If I look up SA in the dictionary, is your pic there?

Don't let Guy BS you, he is living in San Fran and grooms lap dogs for spare change. Great reality show there. Instead of "Amish in the City", we'll call this one, "SF in SF". Real question will be, how long before he snaps and takes someone out?

TR

Doc
09-03-2004, 08:14
Originally posted by echoes
Doc,

Sir you may not remember me, but good to see you! This site just got even better! :)

Holly

Holly,

I remember you! Glad to see you here where you belong. Thank you so much for the welcome!

Doc

Doc
09-03-2004, 08:21
Originally posted by Guy
Went overseas a couple of times. Married, living in this state by the name of California. :eek:

Trying to stay out of trouble and keep a low profile for a tadbit.

Take care bro!

Guy,

At least you said you are trying to stay out trouble! I hope that married life suits you well. We all have to settle down sometime.

I'm still here at Northern Command HQ's in the swing state of Ohio.

Life's good.

Doc

Doc
09-03-2004, 08:29
You don't miss much, do you, Doc?

If I look up SA in the dictionary, is your pic there?

Don't let Guy BS you, he is living in San Fran and grooms lap dogs for spare change. Great reality show there. Instead of "Amish in the City", we'll call this one, "SF in SF". Real question will be, how long before he snaps and takes someone out?

TR

TR,

SA is a way of life up here in the swing state of Ohio.

Guy will always be Guy. That's a constant. What you see is what you get. When he snaps, we'll all hear about it.

Doc

Guy
09-03-2004, 08:59
As long as they keep their demonstrations on the other side of the bridge, we won't cross paths. They can pretty much "sense" that I am different and not originally from the area/state.;)

I've had several people comment about the way...I carry myself, especially when I'm with the wife. One guy on the main drag in Berkeley said something derogatory about Americans when I had just returned from Baghdad.

I think he "sensed" real quick...I wasn't the one to be f*#kin with! ;)

Doc:

I'm doing fine. Been studying this NCLEX-RN book. Knees and back won't last forever.

Doc
09-03-2004, 09:33
Originally posted by Guy
As long as they keep their demonstrations on the other side of the bridge, we won't cross paths. They can pretty much "sense" that I am different and not originally from the area/state.;)

I've had several people comment about the way...I carry myself, especially when I'm with the wife. One guy on the main drag in Berkeley said something derogatory about Americans when I had just returned from Baghdad.

I think he "sensed" real quick...I wasn't the one to be f*#kin with! ;)

Doc:

I'm doing fine. Been studying this NCLEX-RN book. Knees and back won't last forever.

Good idea to look ahead. That's a rewarding field with vacancies in many VA Hospitals which you might find rewarding.

18C4V
09-03-2004, 10:34
Doc,
You're SA is awesome as usual. I'm fine along with the family. I THANK YOU for your service to our country and I hope you enjoy your retirement.

Guy,
We have to link up sometime before you ship out. There's going to be a memorial service in the Presido of SF on 11 Sept. and I sorta volunteered since I'm one of the few NCO's who have dress blues.

If you want to meet up for lunch that day or something else let me know.

Guy
09-03-2004, 13:08
Originally posted by 18C4V
Guy,
We have to link up sometime before you ship out. There's going to be a memorial service in the Presido of SF on 11 Sept. and I sorta volunteered since I'm one of the few NCO's who have dress blues.

If you want to meet up for lunch that day or something else let me know.

I'll bring the wife since we are heading to San Jose that evening for a Prince concert. :o

PM me the details and I'll be there!

CPTAUSRET
09-03-2004, 13:18
Originally posted by Guy
a Prince concert. :

"a Prince concert"?

Terry

BamBam
09-03-2004, 13:31
Welcome aboard DOC

Guy
09-03-2004, 13:37
"a Prince concert"?

Terry

Sir:

That's that "cross cultural communications" training that I must attend in order to keep the wife content.

I'll be attending the 9/11 Memorial Service First...with her a$$ in tow.:lifter

Doc
09-03-2004, 14:09
Originally posted by BamBam
Welcome aboard DOC

Thanks BamBam

CPTAUSRET
09-03-2004, 14:44
Originally posted by Guy
Sir:

That's that "cross cultural communications" training that I must attend in order to keep the wife content.

I'll be attending the 9/11 Memorial Service First...with her a$$ in tow.:lifter

"cross cultural communications" That's a new one, whatever you gotta do to keep them happy.

Good luck, Guy.

Terry

NousDefionsDoc
09-04-2004, 14:23
Well, somehow I missed this one. Welcome back brother. You were missed.

Doc
09-04-2004, 15:06
Well, somehow I missed this one. Welcome back brother. You were missed.

NDD,

Thanks brother!

It's good to be back.

This place is awesome!

Doc

DoctorDoom
09-06-2004, 01:55
Greetings Doc!

Guy
09-06-2004, 03:47
Don't let Guy BS you, he is living in San Fran and grooms lap dogs for spare change. Great reality show there. Instead of "Amish in the City", we'll call this one, "SF in SF". Real question will be, how long before he snaps and takes someone out?TR

Crossed the bridge into the liberal side of town today, to do some Labor Day shopping. :( I finally had to cut this "GAY ASS" conversation short between the wife and a shoe sales person.

SOBs tried to dress me up like I was a fag..."FUCK both of you, I'm not wearing that shit...I can dress myself"! :D

Huey14
09-06-2004, 03:52
G'day, Doc. Everyone else has already said everything else. :cool:

Doc
09-06-2004, 08:25
G'day, Doc. Everyone else has already said everything else. :cool:

G'day Huey14!

Hope things are going well for you in Aotearoa!

Life is good!

Doc

The Reaper
09-06-2004, 08:39
If Huey14 keeps it up, we are going to need a Maori dictionary posted here.

TR

Huey14
09-07-2004, 01:13
LOL. If things keep up here with the rumblings one Tribal leader has put out, then you might just need it later.

Things are going well here, cheers Doc!

Sdiver
09-07-2004, 03:17
Well...again I'm late.

DOC...glad to see ya back.

You are totaly right, this place does ROCK. This house is so informative and modivational....hell we finnally got R.L. to watch "The Green Berets", for the FIRST time.

And with the new look...it's even better. I especially love what GUY has done with the drapes. :munchin

Doc
09-07-2004, 07:23
Well...again I'm late.

DOC...glad to see ya back.

You are totaly right, this place does ROCK. This house is so informative and modivational....hell we finnally got R.L. to watch "The Green Berets", for the FIRST time.

And with the new look...it's even better. I especially love what GUY has done with the drapes. :munchin

Thanks Sdiver! Good to be back!

I'm glad R.L. finally watched the movie. I wished we could get more counselors to come over to the dark side.

If I know Guy he was probably wearing a shoulder rig complete with pistol when he was putting up the drapes just in case. He most certaintly had a cold beer in hand too.

Doc

Roguish Lawyer
09-07-2004, 19:49
SOBs tried to dress me up like I was a fag..."FUCK both of you, I'm not wearing that shit...I can dress myself"! :D

Isn't the SF way to blend in with the locals? LOL :eek: