PDA

View Full Version : Vanity License Plates

Electron
05-11-2011, 07:17
Even though I was awarded a few BSMs over the course of my career, I chose not to get a vanity plate. Instead, I taped an AAM to my license plate and like to park next to someone who has a vanity plate. It gets lots of looks. LOL.

JJ_BPK
05-11-2011, 07:28
Instead, I taped an AAM to my license plate and like to park next to someone who has a vanity plate. It gets lots of looks. LOL.

Maybe you can enlighten this FOG??

AAM American Association of Museums
AAM Air to Air Missile
AAM Air-To-Air Missile
AAM Academy of Ancient Music (International Chamber Orchestra)
AAM Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
AAM Automatic Acoustic Management
AAM Adventures of the American Mind
AAM Atmospheric Angular Momentum
AAM Anti-Apartheid Movement (South Africa)
AAM Ann Arbor Michigan
AAM American Academy of Micropigmentation (Goldboro, NC)
AAm Acrylamide
AAM American Academy of Microbiology
AAM American Academy of Mechanics
AAM Automobile Association of Malaysia
AAM Army Achievement Medal
AAM Application Activity Model
AAM Anti-Aircraft Missile
AAM Agrupacion Astronomica de Madrid (Amateur Astronomy Club)
AAM Anti Aging Medicine
AAM Association of Attorney-Mediators (Dallas, TX)
AAM Office of Aviation Medicine (Federal Aviation Administration)
AAM Association of Anglican Musicians (Little Rock, Arkansas)
AAM Associate in Automation Management
AAM American Association of Malaysia
AAM American Axle and Manufacturing, Inc.
AAM Aircraft Availability Model
AAM Aerial Achievement Medal
AAM Amino Acid Mixture
AAM American Agriculture Movement, Inc.
AAM Advertising Account Management
AAM Advertising Account Manager
AAM Airborne Activity Monitor
AAM Army Aircraft Maintenance
AAM Application Architectural Model
AAM Airfield Attack Munition
AAM ALGOL Assay Medium
AAM Asociación Asperger Málaga
AAM Affected Acreage Map
AAM Active Assisted Movement
AAM Association for Anthropology in Micronesia
AAM Antenna Assembly Mechanism
AAM ATM Adaptive Layer
AAM Automated Auger Microprobe
AAM Application Access Medium
AAM American Association Movement
AAM Architecture Assessment Methodologies
AAM Anti-Antimissile Missile

:munchin

Pete
05-11-2011, 07:40
Even though I was awarded a few BSMs over the course of my career, I chose not to get a vanity plate. Instead, I taped an AAM to my license plate and like to park next to someone who has a vanity plate. It gets lots of looks. LOL.

Some people like to have vanity plates while others like to start threads that have absolutley no social redeeming value.

So would your post be a "Vanity Post"?

Richard
05-11-2011, 08:00

Might want to check the state laws on your license plate stunt - unauthorized modification of license plates (e.g., adding that AAM) can get you in trouble.

And as Pete said.

Richard :munchin

Cazador 01
10-04-2011, 11:34
Check out the attached photo.

Guy
10-04-2011, 12:55
Check out the attached photo.Just looking at that plate makes me nervous!:D

Stay safe.

Utah Bob
10-04-2011, 13:43
What's your point? Is it because you think the AAM trumps a BSM? I'm confused.:confused:

Never mind. I just lost interest.

Stras
10-04-2011, 14:25
What's your point? Is it because you think the AAM trumps a BSM? I'm confused.:confused:

Never mind. I just lost interest.

Nope.. just prefer the Colorado Tag that says "U.S. Army Special Forces" on it..

That trumps a BSM in my book.

Utah Bob
10-04-2011, 15:15
Nope.. just prefer the Colorado Tag that says "U.S. Army Special Forces" on it..

Pretty much.;)
And a fine one it is (http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1235627265295&ssbinary=true)

rdret1
10-04-2011, 17:11

I wish NC would approve those. With all of the SF active and retired in the area, they could get the 300 initial plates with no problem. Now that they have approved the "Blue Knights" motorcycle plates (the first "vanity" motorcycle tags in the state), they may be more likely to look at another such request.

Intel Cop
10-04-2011, 17:22
New York has an Airborne license plate with the wings on it, among other more common military service plates (PH, Korea Vet, WWII Vet, MoH, USMC and ARNG, off the top of my head).

The Reaper
10-04-2011, 17:25
I wish NC would approve those. With all of the SF active and retired in the area, they could get the 300 initial plates with no problem.

You would think that, wouldn't you?

But the SFA tried and could not get the minimum.

TR

Pete
10-04-2011, 18:03
You would think that, wouldn't you?

But the SFA tried and could not get the minimum.

TR

One thing about Vanity Plates - they cost more each and every year you have them. Money that goes to the state.

OK - I admit, I have one vanity plate for my fleet of five vehicles. Retired Army on the Green Beast. The rest are regular plates.

Now if the state set it up where that money could be disignated to an organization................

Right now vanity for giving extra money to the state.

PS - I don't think the SFA's effort was all that well diseminated. I didn't hear of it until it was over - I think.

BigJimCalhoun
10-04-2011, 18:37
Pretty much.;)
And a fine one it is (http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1235627265295&ssbinary=true)

I wonder if anyone has more plates than Colorado. They have 31 military plates.
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1201542141638

plus maybe 60 more of various types.

Dragbag036
10-04-2011, 19:10
I like Longrange1947 plates...:D

Saturation
10-04-2011, 19:13
I had heard that Florida had most vanity plates available, not sure if that's still true. Florida has 121 available choices.
Money from the 'extra' fee is directed to the charity assigned to that speciality plate. Surprised that some states don't list where those monies are going. :rolleyes:

Ret10Echo
10-04-2011, 19:32
Surprised that some states don't list where those monies are going. :rolleyes:

I believe the correct term is "General Fund"....

Snaquebite
10-04-2011, 19:37

Dragbag036
10-04-2011, 19:43

all I can say is NICE...I really dig the claymore.

Snaquebite
10-04-2011, 19:45
Did ya notice the subtile SF crest?

SF-TX
10-04-2011, 19:49

I was going to write that my favorite vanity plate was observed on a mini-van in Northern Virginia. The plate read Tot Rod. That was until you posted a picture of yours.

VVVV
10-05-2011, 06:54
I wonder if anyone has more plates than Colorado. They have 31 military plates.
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1201542141638

plus maybe 60 more of various types.

Florida has 119.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags/

There's a US Paratroopers plate, but none for SF.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags/miscellaneous/u.s._paratroopers.html

In Florida the fees for special plates go to organizations not the state. IE: a university scholarship fund.

Dragbag036
10-05-2011, 19:54
Did ya notice the subtile SF crest?

yes I did Sir...but I figures that should be noticed by every QP

Saturation
10-07-2011, 05:41
Florida has 119.

And just to demonstrate Florida's diversity a slideshow of some of the most unique-mild profanity and a lot of butt ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-florida-license-plates-they-actually-approved-warning-contains-profanity-20111005,0,7956497.photogallery

Asset83
10-10-2011, 20:12
I had heard that Florida had most vanity plates available, not sure if that's still true. Florida has 121 available choices.
Money from the 'extra' fee is directed to the charity assigned to that speciality plate. Surprised that some states don't list where those monies are going. :rolleyes:

I apologize for rehashing a thread that is more than a couple days old, but I believe Virginia has overtaken them. Virginia offers 46 military plates, 90 college plates and over 100 "others", such as Washington Redskins, Appalachian Trail and cities such as Fairfax and Virginia Beach.

This is the Special Forces Association plate.

Source: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=FORCE

Penn
10-10-2011, 21:16
Snake, I like the tow cover too, it would be interesting to see the reaction of that Plate with cab drivers in NYC.

TF Kilo
10-10-2011, 23:33
There's a multitude of Veteran plate designs available for Alaska.

http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/military/unit_des.htm

The nice thing is that it's a one time $30 fee for a vanity plate.

Not so much for Nevada. Branch, and Army Airborne are the only options here.

Couple that with on average $100 for a vanity plate, with a recurring cost keeping it... not nearly worth it, unless you're a combat veteran or disabled veteran and use your status for a free plate for your vehicle.

An example of an Alaska veterans plate, attached ;)