PDA

View Full Version : NYC Bridge Flag

NousDefionsDoc
09-02-2004, 11:45
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/228202p-195928c.html

Counselors, my question is this:

I have heard libs say that one cannot "steal" a flag because the flag belongs to all the people. I think that is what they are planning for their defense in order to make headlines.

Is this valid?

NousDefionsDoc
09-02-2004, 11:46
BTW, for those that don't know. Same same bridge where a Muslim tango shutup a van full of kids a few years ago.

Roguish Lawyer
09-02-2004, 11:56
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/228202p-195928c.html

Counselors, my question is this:

I have heard libs say that one cannot "steal" a flag because the flag belongs to all the people. I think that is what they are planning for their defense in order to make headlines.

Is this valid?

No. A flag is a chattel and it can be converted or trespassed upon.

NousDefionsDoc
09-02-2004, 13:55
Apparently the protestors are messing with the NYC emergency services (police, etc) radio bands or something. Something called C-Block.

The Reaper
09-02-2004, 14:16
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer

Yes, it is. It is also considered durable, non-expendable property.

I have paid for one which my unit misplaced.

TR

echoes
09-02-2004, 14:23
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer

I met a gentleman today in the Financial Aid office of my college. He was wearing commo pants, and was talking about his GI bill to a clerk. I waited until he was finished talking, stuck out my hand and said thank you for your service. He shook my hand, looked me up and down and replied that no one ever says that any more. With pride he stood erect, and I asked him what branch of service he was in? He replied, United States Army ma'am". Big smiles all around from me!

As I looked at his shirt, I saw an American Flag on it, big as day.
Now I dont know about the laws, but I have a feeling that if someone was to attempt to steal that shirt, or a flag for that matter, from him? They would be mushed!

GO ARMY MEN!!! :)
Holly

NousDefionsDoc
09-02-2004, 14:27
"commo pants" Is that what RL wears when he tries to hook that camera up? I wonder if you can see them?

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-02-2004, 14:34
"commo pants" Is that what RL wears when he tries to hook that camera up? I wonder if you can see them?

Damn NDD you have to give me more warning than that, damn near spilled my iced tea all over my key board. This conjures up all sorts of problems related to RL making commo while wearing his commo shorts. You know like "ED" Electronic Disfunction, Short circuit, improper grounding, trying to communicate with a half wave length antenna when it required a full wave length, etc, etc.:D

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
09-02-2004, 14:39
Premature transmission.

echoes
09-02-2004, 14:57

Well Sir, I have no idea what you are taling about. Is that bad?

Holly;)

Ambush Master
09-02-2004, 15:17
Originally posted by echoes
Well Sir, I have no idea what you are taling about. Is that bad?

Holly;)

In your earlier statement, I think you meant "Camo Pants" not Commo, as in communications !!!:D

echoes
09-02-2004, 15:45
Originally posted by Ambush Master
In your earlier statement, I think you meant "Camo Pants" not Commo, as in communications !!!:D

Sir,

Oh my....Nothing slips past you SF Types huh?
Thank you for the heads up! Just so you'll know, there is a reason I am blonde!

Holly:)

Solid
09-02-2004, 15:55
ROFLMAO NDD that second one was a killer!