PDA

View Full Version : Remembering the Brave

Buffalobob
05-05-2011, 06:39
Remembering the Brave. Second Annual Eastern Armed Forces Memorial Match.
Match Announcement:

From Quantico Shooting Club

EASTERN ARMED FORCES MEMORIAL MATCH
MAY 27 – 29, 2011
SPONSORED BY
THE QUANTICO SHOOTING CLUB
HELD ABOARD MCB QUANTICO

In 2009, following the Marine Corps Rifle Team’s participation in the second annual Armed Forces Memorial Match in Byers, Colorado, a number of Marines decided to volunteer their personal time in the development of a similar match to be held on the East Coast. They collaborated with the Remembering the Brave Foundation, the Quantico Shooting Club, M-1s for Vets, the NRA, and a number of other wonderful organizations to develop a plan that has rapidly made this one of the most popular matches in the country. We are certain that participation in this year’s match will continue to be most memorable. Each year, the program will honor the memories of 14 Military Service Members who made the ultimate sacrifice in their service to their country and for the ideals of freedom and justice around the world. The magnificent trophies will bear the names and images of the service members honored each year and the winners of each match will be permanently engraved on the trophies. This match is a registered Match with the NRA, who has graciously waived their standard fees. Match fees.

The three days include Service Rifle, match rifle, vintage rifle, F-open, F=T/R , short range and long range, team and individual.

Both volunteers to help and shooters to shoot are needed.

Details and registration can be found on either the Maryland Shooters forum

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1102972#post1102972

Or the Quantico Shooting Club website calendar - click the match and then details.

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/calendar.php

Personally, I do not know what my family plans are for the Memorial Day weekend but if we have no family plans then I might shoot F-T/R on Friday and volunteer to pull targets on Saturday.

Bringing firearms onto Quantico MCB is easier than an army base being as the Marines have loaded guns and are not afraid of you. Two big rules are no loaded magazines and keep the guns and ammo separate.

If some of you collectors wish to come and see if bullets still come out the correct end of your old rusty hulks, check the ammo restrictions on certain calibers. :D

Tatonka316
05-05-2011, 18:43
I have been involved with the Remembering the Brave Foundation for the past 3 years. We just held our Colorado Match this past weekend. Junior's Bullet Pen Company sponsors the De Oppresso Liber Trophy for the 1000 yd championship at the Eastern Armed Forces Match, and Chris Reeves Knives GENEROUSLY donates a Green Beret knife to the winner of the DOL trophy. Each year, the trophies for each event honors a fallen hero, and for 2011, the DOL trophy will honor SFC Jeff Kettle - 7th SFG (A) who was killed 12 Aug 2007. One of his teammates, and someone who went through the Q course with my son Chris - who is a wounded warrior himself - will make the presentation of the DOL trophy in honor of SFC Kettle.

Like BuffaloBob, I encourage anyone in the DC area for the Memorial Day weekend to come out to Quantico Shooting Club to either shoot in the match, or to come support the Gold Star families who will be there. I will only be at the Match on Friday, as I will be doing a book signing with the author of The Night Eagles Soared at Ft. Knox on Sat and Sun - but I would love to meet anyone who can come to the Match!

... I will be the one in the red Aloha shirt!!!:cool:

molon labe:lifter

Buffalobob
05-23-2011, 05:28
Looks like I will shoot on Friday and try to help out on Saturday.

Anyone who would like to shoot on Friday and needs some help and a rifle and ammo let me know. I have plenty of ammo and don't mind letting you shoot my rifle.

MK262MOD1
05-23-2011, 08:47
This is an excellent match at a excellent range.

Enjoy.

frostfire
05-23-2011, 13:59
Looks like I will shoot on Friday and try to help out on Saturday.

Anyone who would like to shoot on Friday and needs some help and a rifle and ammo let me know. I have plenty of ammo and don't mind letting you shoot my rifle.

darn darn darn, how fast can I drive 293 miles round trip, and still be in competitive shape :(

Best wishes to all who participate:)

Buffalobob
05-27-2011, 12:10
I just got back from shooting and here are a few pictures.

First picture is the Colors being raised by a firetruck withe the Quantico water tower in the background

Second Is Tatonka speaking

Third is Tatonka performing the first shot ceremony.