PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic in Fayetteville

exsquid
05-02-2011, 20:24
Anyone know a good mechanic in or around Fayetteville? Preferably someone specializing in imports. Thanks.

x/S

The Reaper
05-02-2011, 21:15
I know a lot of bad ones, and expensive ones.

What make?

TR

Papa Zero Three
05-02-2011, 21:35
Anyone know a good mechanic in or around Fayetteville? Preferably someone specializing in imports. Thanks.

x/S

Call Grey group training, ask for Josh. He should be able to point you to someone who isn't going to hose you over.

Stras
05-02-2011, 21:59
H & L Auto on Reilly Rd

Tommy (owner) will take care of you.

Tress
05-03-2011, 05:07
Originally quoted by Stras:

H & L Auto on Reilly Rd

Tommy (owner) will take care of you.

Tommy and Tony are still around???? They were the greatest, but I thought that they were on Yadkin Rd. They must have moved the shop.

exsquid,

If Tommy is still in business there is no one else to take an import to, especially a VW. I actually used to leave my car with them while deployed and Tommy would take it home and drive it every once in a while to keep the bearings and wheels from flattening.

After I left the Bragg area and went to D.C. I was driving home one evening and some moron cut me off. Well, not only did I brake, I also down shifted from fifth gear doing about 50 MPH. Unfortunately, I actually missed fourth gear and mistakenly put it into second and stepped off of the clutch. My Jetta bucked and immediately starting running like shit. Eventually it died on the Suitland Parkway and had to be towed.

I took it to the, allegedly, best foreign car repair shop in Maryland and they had it for four weeks. They changed just about every piece and part that they could think of and it still did not run right. I got ticked off and called Tommy and Tony in Fayetteville. I explained to them what happened and what parts had already been changed and what the VW was still doing. They thought about it for a moment or two and then made a suggestion. The ground wire for the fuel regulator control chip or something like that. Turns out that VW was always a little cheap with the amount of wire that they used and it was always very taut between its two termination points. When going from fifth gear to second gear like I did, the engine torqued a little on its mounts and that ground wire disconnected on one end. And that was the exact problem. The shop In MD couldn't believe it.

IIRC Tommy is an Old Grandad drinker and Tony is a beer man. Needless to say, the next time I was in town they got a bottle and case.

If I still lived in Fayetteville I would not take my car to anyone else, period. And tell Tommy and Tony that I said "Hello!"

Thomas