PDA

View Full Version : Im currently in DEP as 11x can i still go SF?

kickenwayne
04-25-2011, 14:56
hi, my name is Zach. I'm probably what you call abnormally physically fit, i have ran 2 marathons, 3 triathlons, and all of them full length. i currently have 48 college credits, but i have my GED. i got a 113 GT score on the asvab. i was just wondering with a undecided contract like 11x can i still get into the qualification course for SF, or even get Air Borne?

on the other note, i was told that since it is a open contract, only for a 11 series MOS's, that i might get 11b, or 11c, im not entirely sure on how that works. but over all i would really like to know if it is possible to still make it into the q course?

John_Chrichton
04-25-2011, 15:38
hi, my name is Zach. I'm probably what you call abnormally physically fit, i have ran 2 marathons, 3 triathlons, and all of them full length. i currently have 48 college credits, but i have my GED. i got a 113 GT score on the asvab. i was just wondering with a undecided contract like 11x can i still get into the qualification course for SF, or even get Air Borne?

on the other note, i was told that since it is a open contract, only for a 11 series MOS's, that i might get 11b, or 11c, im not entirely sure on how that works. but over all i would really like to know if it is possible to still make it into the q course?

Kickenwayne, PM sent.

Pete
04-25-2011, 16:58
John since you volunteered to sign for the lad he's yours.

Make sure he's squared away on his second post.

MTN Medic
04-25-2011, 19:06
John since you volunteered to sign for the lad he's yours.

Make sure he's squared away on his second post.

ditto

OP, yes you can. You better be a PT stud and follow instructions better than you do on here so you don't piss off the Ft. Benning SF liason.

If you have any further questions about this fill out your profile and intro and PM me.

1stindoor
04-25-2011, 19:11
hi, my name is Zach. I'm probably what you call abnormally physically fit, ...

...and abnormally dense.

Sorry, I fought it as long as I could. He's all yours John.

wet dog
04-25-2011, 22:53
I'm in a good mood, just got a nice email from a dear friend so my spirits are high.

Breath easy, listen to others, go do PT.

Two years in the 3rd ID or 10th Mtn will serve you well, listen to your Plt Sgt, follow orders.

Dozer523
04-25-2011, 22:59
i still get into the qualification course for SF, or even get Air Borne? Air Borne?

John_Chrichton
04-26-2011, 06:39
QPs Pete, MTN Medic and 1stindoor, roger that. Instructions have been sent.

Back to PT.

The Reaper
04-26-2011, 10:12

I don't know about abnormally fit, but abnormally bad at following simple instructions and reading, absolutely.

TR

greenberetTFS
04-26-2011, 11:55
I say again,too bad youth is wasted on the young...............:rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

ZonieDiver
04-26-2011, 14:01
I don't know about abnormally fit, but abnormally bad at following simple instructions and reading, absolutely.

TR

Perhaps, it is more like "Abby Normal"! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_1F0_20mE&feature=related

mark46th
04-26-2011, 14:08
Let's not get started on Eye-gore....

Utah Bob
05-01-2011, 17:36
I'm in a good mood, just got a nice email from a dear friend so my spirits are high.

Breath easy, listen to others, go do PT.

Two years in the 3rd ID or 10th Mtn will serve you well, listen to your Plt Sgt, follow orders.

I'm not in a good mood.
So I'll shut up.:rolleyes:

(Although...I am kind of wondering what normally physically fit is as opposed to abnormally)

Utah Bob
05-01-2011, 17:37
Let's not get started on Eye-gore....

Much better screen name than kickenwayne.:D