PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a VA issue

Dutch
04-24-2011, 01:25
I’m hoping I can find a brother out in cyberland who works in the Veterans’ Administration to help me help a good citizen. There’s a guy in my area who has a son recently discharged (1.5 yrs ago +/-) from the Army. David suffered some sort of traumatic brain damage and was medically discharged and has been living with his father since. David completed the required paperwork for the VA, and they have since filled out request after request for his benefits with no success. Obviously, his father is very frustrated since they get zero response from the VA, and his father cannot afford the meds David should be on.

If you think you can help me help David and his father, send me a private message, or call me at 570-847-7273, and I’ll provide you with their contact info.

Thanx… Doug

glebo
04-24-2011, 04:43
CSM-H, a member here, may be able to point you in the right direction. Shoot him a pm.

Have they tried DAV?? They've helped me in the past with claims.

Good luck, FWIW, they are backlogged quite abit with all the injuries..

Good luck.

JJ_BPK
04-24-2011, 04:54
Doug

They need to contact the VA Advocate in their local VA center.
Advocates are civilian volunteers that have the experience to fight the VA.
You can find them at MOPH, VFW's, Legion's, and other service orgs.
The best are usually the ones that have offices at the VA hospital.

Good luck..

tim180a
04-24-2011, 06:43
Doug,

I will see what I can do to help. PM is in your in box with my cell.

Tim

alright4u
04-24-2011, 11:00
The VA is taking everyone these days, and; this man certainly is no CAT 8. He is probably a 1 or 2. He should go to his local VA Hospital with DD-214 and call and/or visit his VARO.

27tdjb
04-25-2011, 18:52
Suggest someone help this guy by going on-line @ www.va.gov and filling out a 10-10 EZ, Application for VA Benefits...Will take less than 15 minutes, fax or take a copy of DD-214 to entitlements at the local VA Hospital...Should get in the system within 24-48 hours depending on time of filling...Call, confirm he is in the system, and take him to the ER...They will probably send him to Urgent Care, and he will see a doctor in a short time...Medications will be prescribed and go to the pharmacy and get it filled...He will have to go through the normal processing of getting into the system...ID Card, orientation, assigned a PCP (Primary Care Physician), etc...should have an appointment to see PCP within 30 days...Take all medical records with him, a lot easier to get meds...Go early, could be there most of the day...I use the Tampa Facility, every hospital is a little different...Recently had to do the same thing with a serious back injury and the local hospital filled me full of morphine and kicked me out because I lost my health insurance...He should all ready be into the system if medically discharged.

kcphoenix
04-25-2011, 20:24
Sir,
I'm not a brother [not SF and a female to boot], so forgive me if I shouldn't be responding, but I'd be more than happy to help them if you'd like. I work with these VA issues daily on behalf of our wounded warriors and have contact inside nearly every VA in the States to 'expedite' services. I'll send a PM with my cell and such if you'd like to pass it on to this retired soldier.

v/r,
Kassie :cool: