PDA

View Full Version : MAC Problem.........

greenberetTFS
04-22-2011, 06:25
I have another problem,after I opened the ISO file to DVD,I moved the just opened (12} files to my hard drive and the program works fine..........My next problem developed when I tried to "save" anything,the files were "write protected".......... How can I remove that?............:confused:

Big Teddy

WholeManin2010
04-22-2011, 19:58
I have another problem,after I opened the ISO file to DVD,I moved the just opened (12} files to my hard drive and the program works fine..........My next problem developed when I tried to "save" anything,the files were "write protected".......... How can I remove that?............:confused:

Big Teddy

If by "Mac" problem, you are meaning an Apple computer, you should be able to remove the write protection by selecting the file in Finder, clicking Command+I (which will open the info for that file), and scrolling down to "Sharing and Permissions." There you can choose to allow yourself to read only, or read and write. Not sure if there is a way you can do all 12 files at once, but you can select all of them and hit Command+I, which will open the info for all at once.

Another way of doing this, if it is a Word doc or something remotely similar, is to re-save it with a different name. HTH

badshot
04-30-2011, 02:41
If by "Mac" problem, you are meaning an Apple computer, you should be able to remove the write protection by selecting the file in Finder, clicking Command+I (which will open the info for that file), and scrolling down to "Sharing and Permissions." There you can choose to allow yourself to read only, or read and write. Not sure if there is a way you can do all 12 files at once, but you can select all of them and hit Command+I, which will open the info for all at once.

Another way of doing this, if it is a Word doc or something remotely similar, is to re-save it with a different name. HTH

Just in case you weren't aware greenberetTFS, set the Permissions to Read/Write. Then you can save, rename, delete or whatever.

If that doesn't do it, google the Mac Repair Permissions Utility. Follow the directions from Apple and run it.

If the above doesn't correct the issue you may have Logical or Physical disk errors that may need to be addressed. (The later being possible but unlikely unless you had a power failure.) There's a tool included in the OS for that as well. Your best source is Apple themselves if this is the case.