PDA

View Full Version : We have identified and are tracking . Jess W (Skip) Hall, Special Forces FRAUD

Team Sergeant
04-20-2011, 08:00
We have identified and are tracking a Bill Hillar / Wolfgang Hammersmith type fraud. We are now in possession of his "official" military records.

We will be posting him very soon. We have copied his entire website to include his very false "Special Forces" and "combat" claims.

This one also "teaches/instructs" Law Enforcement officers.

I'll be contacting the FBI as this one is also making money from gov agencies based on false "Special Forces" claims.

He has been on TV and has done interviews with MSNBC.

He is a complete fraud and liar.

This individual is about to meet Professionalsoldiers.com.

You "real" SF'ers know who I'm talking about, keep it close hold for now.

Team Sergeant

Barbarian
04-20-2011, 09:40
Seems like there's a never ending supply of these losers. I'm not glad to see another fraud, but I'm happy to watch another one burn. Shucks, now I'm all excited TS.

PedOncoDoc
04-20-2011, 12:28
I had to prove to Penn I was really an attorney just to join PS.com. (and why anyone would lie about being a lawyer I'll never understand)

Funny - I never had to be vetted as a doc.... :D

I've been eager to see hear what POS he's taking down ever since TS asked for someone who can duplicate websites.

RB64
04-20-2011, 14:31
Kudos for great work TS! Waiting to see the rest of the show unfold.

Queen anthem for another soon to be infamous poser...

"Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust"

Badger52
04-20-2011, 14:32
Damn someone must have been busy lately. Can't wait to see this play out. LOLTS's sigline tells the tale.

steel71
04-20-2011, 14:41
I love this, it should be TV show..:D

Requiem
04-20-2011, 14:53

Those words should strike fear in every poser because their time is coming.

:lifter

dadof18x'er
04-20-2011, 15:47
I love this, it should be TV show..:D

call the History Channel and suggest creating "Poser Closer" Maybe TS could
host it :D:munchin

wet dog
04-20-2011, 16:03
call the History Channel and suggest creating "Poser Closer" Maybe TS could
host it :D:munchin

He's not that foolish - but I like the idea.

I say we get a really hot lovely young woman to host the show. TS does the "man behind the screen voice over" - now that's tough duty. Dusty and I and a little help from all the other QPs - we write all the one liner short stabs.

Now, I'm interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRSruZyWGc

Surgicalcric
04-20-2011, 16:37
I'll allow TS to revel whats going on here but I'm sitting here laughing at this guy knowing how royally screwed he is.

QP + Support Personnel = Game Over.

mpower:

Allow huh...

With every post you dig your hole a lil deeper and are currently bordering on the depth that you will not be able to climb out.

You have been given ample opportunity by other SF guys here to correct yourself. You are nor a peer in this group; you are a guest.

You can heed the advice given you or you can continue on this past and you will be looking in form the outside.

Crip

tonyz
04-20-2011, 16:37
That short version of Die Hard interested me sufficiently to "listen" to a certain review of one Die Hard series flick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPdNDQf5U2w&feature=related

Maybe Tuna Flicks can help with any potential hosting ?

glebo
04-20-2011, 16:56
I'll allow TS to revel whats going on here but I'm sitting here laughing at this guy knowing how royally screwed he is.

You'll *ahem* allow such an esteemed person.....on our site...:confused:

Why, thank you for allowing him...he couldn't have done it without your permission....check your six for the stealth chinook:eek:

Better yet, stand there dumbfounded...

echoes
04-20-2011, 16:59
We have identified and are tracking a Bill Hillar / Wolfgang Hammersmith type fraud. We are now in possession of his "official" military records.

We will be posting him very soon. We have copied his entire website to include his very false "Special Forces" and "combat" claims.

I'll be contacting the FBI as this one is also making money from gov agencies based on false "Special Forces" claims.

Team Sergeant

Go.get.'em.Team.Sergeant!!!

Posers.Be.Damned!!!!:mad:

Holly

Team Sergeant
04-20-2011, 17:06

mpower assisted with the copy of the individuals entire website.

He knows who it is and he's been sworn to secrecy.

mpower as you can see "allow" was not the appropriate choice of words in this case. We've been tracking this guy for a while now, and every QP on this board already knows who he is, you copied his website, we gathered all the intel and continue to do so.

Gypsy
04-20-2011, 17:23
Well done TS and the rest of the folks involved. Bust this douche.

MtnGoat
04-21-2011, 06:13

Team Sergeant

Love it!!! Once again GREAT JOB TS!!!

BATTER UP!! :lifter

glebo
04-21-2011, 06:25
mpower assisted with the copy of the individuals entire website. He knows who it is and he's been sworn to secrecy.

mpower as you can see "allow" was not the appropriate choice of words in this case. We've been tracking this guy for a while now, and every QP on this board already knows who he is, you copied his website, we gathered all the intel and continue to do so.

Well, in that case I appologize to mpower for my verbage in my post.

carry on..

oh, and go get that scumbag...

Team Sergeant
04-21-2011, 17:40
Well, in that case I appologize to mpower for my verbage in my post.

carry on..

oh, and go get that scumbag...

WILCO.

This individual is about to find out what it is to tangle with real Special Forces soldiers. I should send him an email and tell him to google William G. Hillar..........:D

But I won't.

I have been trained that when initiating an ambush always initiate with the most casualty producing weapon and right now I'm daisy chaining claymores.:munchin

swatsurgeon
04-21-2011, 18:53
Forget "Dogg, the Bounty Hunter".....

HBO needs a series:
"TS the SF Hunter: Liberate the Oppressed, Hunt Down the Frauds":munchin

Team Sergeant
04-21-2011, 19:06

HBO needs a series:

LOL, just so everyone knows this is a "team" effort as I usually don't "find" them.

Usually someone ID's them and starts asking questions which leads them to this website if the individual in question is claiming to be a Special Forces soldier. This time it was another SF soldier on this website that did the ID'ing.
After we ID a subject we start collecting intel on the subject. That process is almost over with this fraud, we now have his real military records.

We have contacted the FBI again concerning this one as he is doing something very similar to Bill Hillar, teaching law enforcement while using Special Forces combat operations and training as his credentials.

Like Hillar this individuals house of cards is about to come crashing down.

sinjefe
04-21-2011, 19:08
HBO needs a series:

Dude, wipe your mouth:D

Team Sergeant
04-21-2011, 19:13
Dude, wipe your mouth:D

That's "Dr". Dude.;)

echoes
04-21-2011, 19:33

HBO needs a series:

I.Like.It!!!!!!:o

Holly

dollarbill
04-22-2011, 07:27
Outstanding work! I have always thought a person should be proud of there own accomplishments and not live off the hard work, hopes or dreams of another. Unchain the dawg and let him off the porch. :lifter

greenberetTFS
04-22-2011, 08:01
LOL, just so everyone knows this is a "team" effort as I usually don't "find" them.

Usually someone ID's them and starts asking questions which leads them to this website if the individual in question is claiming to be a Special Forces soldier. This time it was another SF soldier on this website that did the ID'ing.
After we ID a subject we start collecting intel on the subject. That process is almost over with this fraud, we now have his real military records.

We have contacted the FBI again concerning this one as he is doing something very similar to Bill Hillar, teaching law enforcement while using Special Forces combat operations and training as his credentials.

Like Hillar this individuals house of cards is about to come crashing down.

TS,posers are like "smores" (anyone remember them?),you beat one over the head and then 2 appear ,you hit both than 4 appear and on and on............ :eek: I think that is one of the problems with posers,it's really a never ending situation they just keep on coming and start multiplying like cockroaches ............:(

Big Teddy :munchin

shooter_250
04-22-2011, 10:06
I did NOT serve in Vietnam and I thank God everyday for that. I have never ever claimed to be someone or something I'm not, unless work dictated such mannerisms.

I do not understand nor do I want to understand someone who claims to be something or someone he or she is not. I don't care if your mommy did love you enough or your daddy didn't take you fishing or you were picked on in school. To claim someone elses' honor is despicable.

TS...Sir...

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

God Bless

Lee

Wiseman
04-22-2011, 10:08
SWEET!! Sorry these guys exist in the first place...but, since they do, it is so fun to watch you take 'em down.

WHY are these gov agencies still getting duped? The lack of vetting is a little disturbing. I had to prove to Penn I was really an attorney just to join PS.com. (and why anyone would lie about being a lawyer I'll never understand)

Could it be a simple case of government agencies not paying attention and not following up on any inconsistencies?

Team Sergeant
04-22-2011, 10:23
I did NOT serve in Vietnam and I thank God everyday for that. I have never ever claimed to be someone or something I'm not, unless work dictated such mannerisms.

I do not understand nor do I want to understand someone who claims to be something or someone he or she is not. I don't care if your mommy did love you enough or your daddy didn't take you fishing or you were picked on in school. To claim someone elses' honor is despicable.

TS...Sir...

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

God Bless

Lee

Lee, It's not just and "honor" or "valor" issue, these individuals are using our reputation that we earned in blood, to make money off of unsuspecting people.

The Army Special Forces (aka the "Green Berets") possess a "skill set" unlike anyone else in the military. And law enforcement, Joe Public, etc willingly pay to be trained by Special Forces personnel because of these skills.

Honor is something that when you look in the mirror you either have or have not.

These bottom feeding scumbags are not stealing our honor.

TS

shooter_250
04-22-2011, 11:19
Top,

Sir, I misused the terminology, in my mind the word "honor" in this instance was all inclusive of the words you used. My apologies if anyone was offended. These people just really piss me off.

Thanks for the guidance Top.

God Bless

Lee

Red Flag 1
04-22-2011, 15:37
Could it be a simple case of government agencies not paying attention and not following up on any inconsistencies?

It would be nice if agencies would see this for what it is, and start "re-vetting" folks they are using. hilar got some fairly good coverage, we'll see after this one if the broadcast media is paying attention:lifter.

My $.02.

RF 1

greenberetTFS
04-22-2011, 16:00
Hence my suggestion for the QPs on here to start their own vetting firm.

We already do that if you request QP status,it's just not given to you because you'd like to have it,it's not at all easy to get either..............:rolleyes::(:eek:

Pete
04-22-2011, 16:18
.....Clearly the current vetting agencies aren't doing their job well enough so the professionals need to step in

Can you find Vetting Agencies in the yellow pages under A or V?

DaveMatteson
04-22-2011, 18:35

I would look under V and mainly Veterinary Services...I would assume that TS already has a clinic so that these people can be spayed or neutered. He is doing a very good job now as we speak! :D

MVP
05-12-2011, 15:41
Any news?

MVP

Team Sergeant
05-12-2011, 16:18
The feds called feds in the "state" the fraud is located in and they are supposed to be working the case. I'll call tomorrow and see whats going on. Otherwise we post this poser and save a lot of people time and money.

GrumpyMedic
05-12-2011, 18:06
Honor is something that when you look in the mirror you either have or have not.

TS

Okay, was TS Yoda's apprentice or was Yoda TS's apprentice?
I'm betting the latter.....

Saoirse
05-12-2011, 23:21
Way to Go, Fellas! :):lifter

MVP
05-17-2011, 13:13
My bag is empty, do I have time to get another before the main event?

:munchin

MVP

Team Sergeant
05-22-2011, 09:39
Jess Willard (Skip) Hall, aka J. Skip Hall , Special Forces FRAUD

This is the guy, another bill hillar wannabe.......

Go read his website skiphall.com and while you're reading know that we have his military records, he was a "CLERK TYPIST" and from what I have he's never been to Vietnam......:munchin

I hear he's working for the DoD...... and not as a "clerk typist"......

Enjoy.

Team Sergeant

Ambush Master
05-22-2011, 10:24
In the SOG Who's Who, there are only 2 Halls with a J in them and one is Deceased!! The othere is SFC Earl J. (The Earl could be where the "Skip" came from. Everyone that I know as Skip have a name that they just want you to SKIP!!)

Later
Martin

Dusty
05-22-2011, 10:43
He's got a lotta nicknames. On Hollow Point, it's "No Mercy".

On Sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Skip-Hall-2750

it's "Disturbed".

Don't see an "Earl the Pearl" anywhere...:D

Dozer523
05-22-2011, 11:20
He's got a lotta nicknames. On Hollow Point, it's "No Mercy". By his own words, his punishment will be meted out.

Team Sergeant
05-22-2011, 11:35
It's very amusing his self aggrandizing website and not one "Special Forces" "Green Beret" picture.....funny that.

He must have worked with Wolfgang Hammersmith (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31330)and Scott Witt (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27727)in that Black Ops unit, ‘the Cherokee’.....

freelander
05-22-2011, 11:41
Kudos to T.S. for your hard work. I used to work for Yahoo and after looking up his DNS it jogged my memory about how such a crappy site is created.

I can tell you he probably called the Yahoo sales line and signed up for 12.95/mo plan and spent hours building his site with the mediocre tool we used to offer the customers. Notice the misspellings, grammar errors and inconsistent web themes throughout his site. If anything else, it's a dead give away that this guy does not have any SA or ATD.

What amazes me is that these clowns still think they can get away with it all.

Sooner or later the truth comes out.

Again, great job and always a pleasure to visit this site.

Team Sergeant
05-22-2011, 13:54
LOL, soneone changed Mr. J Skip Hall wiki page.....:munchin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Hall_(MMA))

Skip Hall (MMA)

"Mr. Hall is a veteran of the war in Viet-Nam. He served with the U.S. Army Special Forces, and completed tours of duty in Korea and VietNam THIS IS A LIE SEE http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33667 FOR MORE INFORMATION.. Mr. Hall is also a commercial, instrument rated pilot and was an IBM National Sales Manager as well."

18DWife
05-22-2011, 14:00
TS :lifter My hero ;)

greenberetTFS
05-22-2011, 14:40
[QUOTE=wet dog;387461]

Dusty and I and a little help from all the other QPs - we write all the one liner short stabs............:D I encouraged both of you guys when you were(Assets) unto QP status and have the PM's to prove it!.........:D I know how to pick the real winners.......;)

PRB
05-22-2011, 16:15

Skip Hall (MMA)

"Mr. Hall is a veteran of the war in Viet-Nam. He served with the U.S. Army Special Forces, and completed tours of duty in Korea and VietNam THIS IS A LIE SEE http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33667 FOR MORE INFORMATION.. Mr. Hall is also a commercial, instrument rated pilot and was an IBM National Sales Manager as well."

Now THAT is an attention getter. Real good TS, now can you add some sound effects like a bitch slap timed to coincide with the "That's a Lie" lol

plato
05-22-2011, 19:05

There's this whiz bang outfit , Hollow Point LLC, that, among their many other talents, is capable of tracking down anyone. At least their ad says so.

I've asked if they can help track down clerk typists who claim to have been Special Forces soldiers from 5th group.

So far, no answer though. :D

orion5
05-22-2011, 21:34
Now THAT is an attention getter. Real good TS, now can you add some sound effects like a bitch slap timed to coincide with the "That's a Lie" lol

Good one!

Now let's see how big the stupid is with this Jessie Skippy Willie as he goes into "I never said that" mode.

Team Sergeant
05-23-2011, 16:16
Good one!

Now let's see how big the stupid is with this Jessie Skippy Willie as he goes into "I never said that" mode.

OMG, how did you know? You must have "powers"? ;)

"Information was added to this site without the approval of the site owner. We express our appoligies for any misinformation this may have caused. Mr. Hall does not represent anyone in the military and makes no representation that he was previously affiliated or part of the U.S. Army, Special Forces or any other organization or agency."

http://www.skiphall.com/

PSM
05-23-2011, 16:37
Mr. J "Skip" Hall, guess what, I am in possession of your official military records, you know the ones that show you as a "CLERK TYPIST" .

You know, in 40 years, I've never run into a guy in a bar who said he was a Clerk Typist. But, I seem to remember that there were a hell of a lot of them. ;)

Plus, apparently, I'm the only 11B that didn't go to Viet Nam. Interesting.

Pat

Team Sergeant
05-23-2011, 16:45
Geez I sure hope that this information doesn't get to the desk of "Chief A.C. Roper, Birmingham, Alabama Police Department!" The Chief has a military background!!! [Bad for Skip Hall]

"Chief Roper has over 25 years experience in the Army Reserves where he serves as a Colonel. He is currently the Chief of Staff the 87th Army Reserve Support Command. He deployed during Operation Desert Shield and again during Operation Enduring Freedom where he served as the military spokesperson for all U.S. Army forces in Afghanistan. He has completed every military course attended with honors. He is the recipient of numerous military awards and decorations including the Bronze Star, and the General Douglas McArthur Leadership Award, which is given annually to the top U.S. Army Officers in the nation."

http://www.informationbirmingham.com/police/chief-roper.html

Surgicalcric
05-23-2011, 16:54
Geez I sure hope that this information doesn't get to the desk of "Chief A.C. Roper, Birmingham, Alabama Police Department!" The Chief has a military background!!! [Bad for Skip Hall]...

Have you contacted the B'ham Police Dept yet?

Crip

Team Sergeant
05-23-2011, 17:00
Have you contacted the B'ham Police Dept yet?

Crip

Nope, you have peeps there? :munchin

have_gun
05-23-2011, 17:07

Skip Hall (MMA)

And it's been changed back to the original content.

Wiseman
05-23-2011, 17:25

I think there has to some sort of protocol you need to follow in order for the wiki monitors to accept your addition. Otherwise, they revert back to the old entry.

Surgicalcric
05-23-2011, 17:46
Nope, you have peeps there? :munchin

There are a couple SWAT guys deployed here with me (in the same country) I will look them up tomorrow and get the news out to them.

Crip

Bill Harsey
05-23-2011, 20:21
Funny - I never had to be vetted as a doc.... :D

No worries, we can see your avatar. Your good to go.

Kyobanim
05-23-2011, 20:26

It's been fixed again

Wiseman
05-23-2011, 20:28
It's been fixed again

Still says he served on the wiki.

alelks
05-23-2011, 20:35
If you like I'll Gladly give Chief Roper a call. We don't need everyone calling him so is anyone doing it?

If not all I need is a "GO".

PRB
05-23-2011, 20:40
Call your peeps'
Hey, I'd help out but am working on my new Wiki bio...I can't get the flow just right but am doing the part where I dumped Jennifer Lopez....yeah, that's the ticket.

Requiem
05-24-2011, 16:37
A quick google search shows the news has gone viral. :lifter Great work gentlemen.

Wonder when he'll pop in here to defend himself?

S.

Team Sergeant
05-24-2011, 16:53
I seriously doubt Skip Hall, Mr. J. Skip Hall, Skip "Disturbed" Hall, Skip Hall - FightWiki
Jess Skip Hall, mixed martial arts fighter MMA, saw this punch coming.

So would this be a TKO, or KO for Professionalsoldiers.com?:munchin

PedOncoDoc
05-25-2011, 05:18
So would this be a TKO, or KO for Professionalsoldiers.com?:munchin

There's nothing "technical" about it - you knocked him flat on his ass. Great work TS.

Pete
05-25-2011, 05:31
Has Skip Hall signed up here yet to defend his claims?

He seems to be ducking reporter's requests for comments.

You would think he would be glad to sit down with a reporter and clear things up - if his claims were true.

Team Sergeant
05-25-2011, 07:18
Has Skip Hall signed up here yet to defend his claims?

He seems to be ducking reporter's requests for comments.

You would think he would be glad to sit down with a reporter and clear things up - if his claims were true.

No, skippy ( Jess Skip Hall ) doesn't have a chance to defend anything. Like "ALL" of our other frauds, first the website, blogs etc goes, then they fade into obscurity.
See ya skippy....

(All except wolfgang hammersmith, that fat lying bottom feeding fraud is still running his website and scamming people.)

Richard
05-25-2011, 07:26
All except wolfgang hammersmith, that fat lying bottom feeding fraud is still running his website and scamming people.

So is Jose' (nee Joseph) Harris and his self-promoted package of Mi Vida lies.

Richard :munchin

Dusty
05-25-2011, 07:37
:D At the very least, Skippy should get the youtube vids of him getting his ass pummeled and choked redacted.

Team Sergeant
05-31-2011, 21:59
Some just don't want to believe.......

A post from the Admin on Wilderness Survival forums;

Rick:
Fake Military Claims Among Us
I have wondered about one of our members for some time and after receiving some anonymous information I've done a little digging. It seems that Skip Hall's claims of being former Special Forces and having served in Viet Nam are not true. He served as a clerk/typist in Korea. If this is in error Skip you have my apologies but the evidence is sure stacked against you.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?16365-Fake-Military-Claims-Among-Us

Hey Rick, Skip Hall is a liar and a fraud. That you can take to the bank.....skippy's website is gone, Professionalsoldiers.com is still here......that in itself should give you a clue.;)
Team Sergeant

wet dog
05-31-2011, 22:52
Some just don't want to believe.......

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?16365-Fake-Military-Claims-Among-UsTeam Sergeant

From the link, this is just too funny.

Originally Posted by Trabitha
I don't know who this man is, and have yet to talk to him...BUT I know that in my husbands situation most of what he did has yet to be declassified and isn't even listed on the DD214 that we get for benefits. He's not gotten many of his metals because of this also. I know for a fact that he's not lying about what he did in the military, as I was with him when picking up a copy of his DD214 years ago, and we were shown the screen shot of the gentleman helping us. The employee was confused to see the print out come out very basic with no mention of what he REALLY did, listing him only as a cop...while he saw it all on the computer.

Just sayin'...in many cases you CAN'T look up what people actually did because it's not released and may never BE released...
This is true. Not all things show on your DD214. Even though I know I did training with and received Both British and Honduran Jump wings( Appear the same as our Marine Jump wings, and the soldiers had to pay for the wings they presented us on the DZ in the exchange ceremony), No where does it say in my military record that this is true. I know this happened, can tell you things about both places that I would otherwise have no knowledge of, but can't prove in any shape, manner or fashion. I have more jumps than they recorded, but I never kept a jump log so can't refute that either. A school I attended and received the recognition of "Distinguished Honor Grad" also does not appear on my records, I even received a plaque from the NCO Assn. for that. However no proof (That I'm aware of) exists.

Thanks for the link TS.

Wiseman
05-31-2011, 23:15
From the link, this is just too funny.

Originally Posted by Trabitha
I don't know who this man is, and have yet to talk to him...BUT I know that in my husbands situation most of what he did has yet to be declassified and isn't even listed on the DD214 that we get for benefits. He's not gotten many of his metals because of this also. I know for a fact that he's not lying about what he did in the military, as I was with him when picking up a copy of his DD214 years ago, and we were shown the screen shot of the gentleman helping us. The employee was confused to see the print out come out very basic with no mention of what he REALLY did, listing him only as a cop...while he saw it all on the computer.

Just sayin'...in many cases you CAN'T look up what people actually did because it's not released and may never BE released...
This is true. Not all things show on your DD214. Even though I know I did training with and received Both British and Honduran Jump wings( Appear the same as our Marine Jump wings, and the soldiers had to pay for the wings they presented us on the DZ in the exchange ceremony), No where does it say in my military record that this is true. I know this happened, can tell you things about both places that I would otherwise have no knowledge of, but can't prove in any shape, manner or fashion. I have more jumps than they recorded, but I never kept a jump log so can't refute that either. A school I attended and received the recognition of "Distinguished Honor Grad" also does not appear on my records, I even received a plaque from the NCO Assn. for that. However no proof (That I'm aware of) exists.

Thanks for the link TS.

Would foreign jump wings appear on a DD214?

wet dog
06-01-2011, 00:14

I suspect they could, its the one last meeting you have when ETSing out of the service. The sweet gal, will ask, does this look complete? It's then you ask, "what about these?", as you hand over a pile of orders for awards by your fellow foreign comrades. My DD214 list no foreign awards, while in my right hand I hold some pretty cool 'thank you stuff' by many foreign services.

FYI - how can listing foreign awards on a DD214 help in obtaining a GI Bill education grant, access to Walmart after hours, or Disney Land any easier than a DD214 for a young E5 after serving 4 years any different than a retiring CSM with 30 years?

And if applying for a job/position that required listing Thai Wings in order to abtain employment, well then, you must be applying as Wolfgang's assistant because he likes that stuff.

Richard
06-01-2011, 04:09

Nope - but there would be a copy of the certificate authorizing their awarding from the foreign country, a translation of the certificate in English (if necessary), and a letter authorizing their wear under the appropriate regulations in your Official Military Personnel File.

glebo
06-01-2011, 04:27
Maybe things have changed, but my foreign wings are on my 214. Maybe it's where you retire if they put them on or not. I retired out of Campbell in 99..

Richard
06-01-2011, 05:59
Maybe things have changed, but my foreign wings are on my 214. Maybe it's where you retire if they put them on or not. I retired out of Campbell in 99..

Maybe, but I would think it would be standardized. I have 5 DD214s - Fort Ord, Fort Bragg, Bad Tolz, Fort Benning, and Fort Hood - none have my foreign wings or badges (e.g. schutzenschnur) listed.

alelks
06-01-2011, 06:56
I guess I need to go back and have them correct mine.

I'm missing my:

Astronaut Badge
Super Hero Badge
Spy Badge
GRHM (God's Right Hand Man) Badge (Main duty was to arrange the meeting between the bad guys and God)

EDIT: We need to come up with a "POSER" badge.

JAGO
06-01-2011, 08:32
Two were included on my retirement DD -214.
v/r
phil

PRB
06-01-2011, 09:26
Nope - but there would be a copy of the certificate authorizing their awarding from the foreign country, a translation of the certificate in English (if necessary), and a letter authorizing their wear under the appropriate regulations in your Official Military Personnel File.

They should be included just as foreign medal awards are. I have all wings and foreign awards noted on DD214

Richard
06-01-2011, 16:48
I retired in '93 and just heard from a 'source' that the regs regarding the foreign badges and the DD-214 changed sometime in the '90's - guess there are disadvantages to retiring as WJC was coming into office.