PDA

View Full Version : WTB: PS.com knife

cszakolczai
04-19-2011, 10:25
I know you can get these right from Mr. Reeve's website, but I was wondering if anyone on the forums had one of the numbered ones for sale. When they were being sold I was a little tight on funds so I missed out. So to clear up any confusion I'm interested in the ps.com knife not the green beret/Yarborough knife.

Thanks,
Chris

JJ_BPK
04-20-2011, 04:23
If you are asking about the one Bill designed??

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17784&highlight=ps.com+knife

Maybe Mr Harsey can talk to the total #'er in the serialized set..

but,, I doubt you will find anyone willing to let go of one..

#66 is locked up tight...

:D

mdpatterson
04-20-2011, 05:05
I wouldn't part with mine either. As I'm not a QP, I would not feel comfortable owning one earned/numbered by any QP.

Get the knife regardless of markings.......It's a great knife.

Mike

cszakolczai
04-20-2011, 16:55
If you are asking about the one Bill designed??

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17784&highlight=ps.com+knife

Maybe Mr Harsey can talk to the total #'er in the serialized set..

but,, I doubt you will find anyone willing to let go of one..

#66 is locked up tight...

:D

Yeah it was worth a shot. A friend on here who has a numbered one has been singing the knifes praises for the longest time so he said I should ask around and see if maybe someone bought more than one. Definitely going to be my next pickup unless I get the sebenza.

Thanks for the response.

cszakolczai
04-20-2011, 17:08
I wouldn't part with mine either. As I'm not a QP, I would not feel comfortable owning one earned/numbered by any QP.

Get the knife regardless of markings.......It's a great knife.

Mike

Totally agree sir I just thought that these were also made available to the public, the numbered ones that is. Ive been fortunate enough to befriend a few QPs and have had the honor of having some give me their green berets as thank you's for helping them. A numbered knife would be thought of in the same way... An honor to own. Don't take me wrong I wouldn't feel right owning one instead of a guy who deserves it more, but if someone had an extra I was just expressing interest.

Thanks for the response.

tom kelly
04-22-2011, 12:47
I have two nos. 15 & 16 They will never be for sale.Period. I and another person on this forum have given/donated PS # knives to fellow Special Forces Soldiers. Both were recipients of The MOH. Regard's, Tom Kelly

cszakolczai
04-22-2011, 17:57
I have two nos. 15 & 16 They will never be for sale.Period. I and another person on this forum have given/donated PS # knives to fellow Special Forces Soldiers. Both were recipients of The MOH. Regard's, Tom Kelly

Sorry if I caused some offense by my thread. If these knives are to stay with QPs only then please close this thread and sorry if I caused some offense.

Ambush Master
04-22-2011, 19:28
Sir,

Can you receive the same knife without the Professional Soldier / SF Qualified markings?

Yes.

swatsurgeon
04-22-2011, 22:19
These un-numbered knives are available on ebay right now for $185, standard price. One guy had one signed by Mr. Harsey at a small premium.
They are available where ever Chris Reeve's knives are.

ss

Papa Zero Three
04-23-2011, 08:49
What was the total number run on the ones with Serial numbers and are any still available?

The Reaper
04-23-2011, 09:03
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18550

Team Sergeant
04-23-2011, 09:30
We need another PS.com knife........ I wonder if I know any knife makers....:munchin

x SF med
04-23-2011, 09:36
We need another PS.com knife........ I wonder if I know any knife makers....:munchin

Maybe the Spartan Boys? I bribed them with a PS flashlight as interest for the Spartan Harsey they held for me.... we could try to twist Opie and Louie's arms a little....

SLVGW360
04-23-2011, 09:42
I'm not a QP, so no need for numbers. I really like mine. Perfect size for my tasks. I use it for work and it has gone through several elk before needing to be touched up. I haven't even had to do a full resharpen on it yet and have had it over a year.

RB

Team Sergeant
04-23-2011, 13:20
I'm not a QP, so no need for numbers. I really like mine. Perfect size for my tasks. I use it for work and it has gone through several elk before needing to be touched up. I haven't even had to do a full resharpen on it yet and have had it over a year.

RB

Next time pictures would help.... I'd like to see that being used on an Elk!!!!;)

SLVGW360
04-23-2011, 14:49
TS,

I maybe doing it again soon as we have some unruly elk that cause some serious problems. Most of that work is done during the fall and on through winter and is in places where we're not allowed to use the general public. But we have some young bulls that do that same in the spring and summer.

Actually, and you probably are already well aware, that this size knife or even slightly smaller is ideal for working on a large critter because it gives you more control over the blade when taking care not to punture things that are better left intact.:eek:

I'll post some with that knife as I know it has some meaning. In the meantime, here is one of my charges giving a tutorial on doing just that.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NewsMedia/Videos/FieldDressBigGame.htm

We gave him lots of crap about his statement about "...a knife made of solid steel...", but he actually did very well given he didn't use a script. The elk shown are products of some of that work.

RB

orko
04-26-2011, 12:29
Hopefully a serial numbered one surfaces for you. Meanwhile though, you could always get a sebenza to hold you over. I am sure you wouldn't be disapointed with it ;)

good luck with your search

cszakolczai
04-26-2011, 21:41
Hopefully a serial numbered one surfaces for you. Meanwhile though, you could always get a sebenza to hold you over. I am sure you wouldn't be disapointed with it ;)

good luck with your search

haha I was so close to pulling the trigger the other day. Next paycheck I think it might be a possibility. Ill keep you up to date :)

Papa Zero Three
04-26-2011, 22:33
So are there any serial numbered ones available for purchase still or not?

swatsurgeon
04-27-2011, 15:50
pm Team Sergeant.....

ss