PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer RCS

dmgedgoods
04-12-2011, 20:16
Just picked up a Sig Sauer RCS today. I could not beat the price, and I am proud to finally own a 1911 that you don't see that often. It seems like the perfect conceal size for a 1911, and the weight is amazing, considering the alloy frame. The no-snag treatment done at the custom shop is great, and it came from the factory with Trijicon night sights. I looked at many 1911's, but also looked at all the Glocks, XDs and even thought about stretching the dollars to pick up a USP. It boiled down to a USP 45 or the Sig...for the price, I could not refuse the 1911. For 80 dollars more than the H&K, I feel a good deal was scored. Pics to follow as soon as it gets home.

I would love to hear what experience others may have had with the Sig RCS.

Mack

dmgedgoods
04-18-2011, 21:43
As was previously expected, no doubt:
All Blade-Tech software. Great guys down there, never knew they were in this neck of the woods.

Mack

dr. mabuse
04-18-2011, 23:25

dmgedgoods
04-19-2011, 12:02
I will be going to the range today at lunch and seeing how this thing takes ammo abuse. I have 2 boxes of 230 reloads, and a couple of boxes of mixed Winchester and some other stuff. I have heard nothing but good things regarding the Sig 1911s and hope the hype is justified.

Will update later today...

Mack

mdpatterson
04-20-2011, 03:19
I bought one of the first 1911's produced by SIG, it was the GSR (R for Rail at that time, not Revolution). I read many horror stories about the production of this model after I purchased it, but it has ran like a champ for me (She sat in the sock drawer for a while, so I even gave her a new magwell and VZ grips to dress her up a little for her company.)

I'm sure SIG has taken giant steps in their 1911 production since mine, so I'm sure you will both be pleased with yours. Range reports always welcome :).

Mike

Barbarian
04-20-2011, 09:23
That's a very aesthetically pleasing 1911.I love the solid trigger. No grime to clean out. Let us know how it runs.:munchin

dmgedgoods
04-20-2011, 16:01
I was able to cut of work early and go to the closest indoor range. Had one box of Winchester and one box of PMC; 100 rounds total. With the two stock magazines, I had one failure to feed. Tap, rack, reassess, and I still had to drop the magazine. The only thing I can attribute the failure to is the fact that the weapon is still very stiff and far from broken in. Just picked up 2 100 round boxes of Winchester and plan on blasting again tomorrow.

The accuracy is pretty amazing. One thing I have noticed with the Trijicon night sights is if you have a low angle light source to your rear, the rear sight catches that light and makes drawing a good bead difficult. They set the tritium dots inside, what appears to be, a chrome sleeve. That chrome catches the light and was more annoying than anything else. Beyond that, this thing is a real nail driver. I had a Glock 21SF before this, so I am still adjusting to the feel, fit and finish of this weapon. I took the rosewood grips off and replaced them with some Hogue aluminum grips. It sticks like fly paper now.

Overall, very impressed thus far. I would highly recommend this weapon for any 1911 enthusiast for there collection or for CCW.

Mack

tom kelly
04-21-2011, 15:06
I am not what you would call extremly wealthy, but, I do not consider the price of a weapon that my life may depend on. Reputation of the manufactuer and 110% reliability of the weapon and recommendations of knowledgeable people on this web-site such as TR and TS, they know what they are talking about and I trust there judgement....tom kelly