PDA

View Full Version : Fishing On Bragg

Air.177
04-11-2011, 10:34
I searched, Haven't found anything on this topic, so here goes:

Anyone here do any fishing inside the fence here at Bragg?
Nothing super serious, we've just been hanging out shore fishing at Macarthur and Kiest Lakes on the weekends, it's a much less self destructive weekend activity than what some of our classmates prefer.

Apparently the Wildlife dept folks manage game fish pretty aggressively here, I'll post some pics in a little bit.

Good times,
Blake

Peregrino
04-11-2011, 11:18
Holler. I've got a canoe (free) and a Bass Hunter w/trolling motor (cost you a deep cycle battery) so you can fish the outsides of the lily pads. Get the appropriate liscenses first though.

mark46th
04-12-2011, 21:08
When I was underwater in Drowning Creek, I didn't see any fish, so don't waste your time there...

1stindoor
04-13-2011, 06:16
Mott Lake is supposed to have some good bass in there...but I'll call you a liar to your face if I see you pull something out of there with my own eyes.

Boundary Line Lake used to be great for catfish. I suppose it still is. It hasn't been asked yet, but do you have a FBNC fishing license? I only ask because some posts don't require them...some do...Ft Bragg requires you to pay for it yearly.

If you're into bassfishing I could recommend some other places to go but there all off post.

Habu-MFFI 175
04-15-2011, 16:43
I haven't fished the Bragg lakes is quite a few years. Most are kept pretty good still. I use to love to fish Smith Lake. There was a lot of crappie and some big bass in that lake. Mott Lake is also a good lake, you just have to figure out a few things and the fish are there.

Also check out the stocked ponds for catfish.

For offbase check out Waldo's Beach on UpChurch Lake between Hope Mills and Rockfish.

<*)))))>{

Tress
04-16-2011, 11:10
Orignally posted by Habu-MFFI 175
I haven't fished the Bragg lakes is quite a few years. Most are kept pretty good still. I use to love to fish Smith Lake. There was a lot of crappie and some big bass in that lake.

I remember Smith Lake from the mid 80's and the first thing that comes to mind is the taste of aviation fuel. I was told once by someone that overweight aircraft having to land at Simmons Army Afld would dump their fuel over Smith Lake. I do not know if that was true or not, but it certainly tasted that way back then. :p

1stindoor
05-03-2011, 13:21
For offbase check out Waldo's Beach on UpChurch Lake between Hope Mills and Rockfish.

<*)))))>{

I was just there about two weeks ago. That used to be my favorite lake, matter of fact it produced my wall-hanger 9lb, 4 oz. Two weeks ago was my second attempt at fishing there after the dam burst several years ago. I landed a couple but they were all small. I did manage to pull a 3 lb'er out of there several weeks ago.