PDA

View Full Version : Help......

greenberetTFS
04-10-2011, 15:16
I "somehow" installed Microsoft Bit Locker(Drive Encryption) and now I can't install anything because it keeps telling it's enabled.....:(

Big Teddy :munchin

Masochist
04-10-2011, 16:09
Do you have the password to decrypt it? I'm assuming (there I go ...) you don't, being as you "somehow" installed it.

Burns76
04-10-2011, 19:28
If this is still an issue. . . try the following

+++++++

To turn off or temporarily disable BitLocker

Open Bitlocker Drive Encryption by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Bitlocker Drive Encryption.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Do one of the following:

To temporarily disable BitLocker, click Turn Off BitLocker, and then click Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption.

To turn off BitLocker and decrypt the volume, click Turn Off BitLocker, and then click Decrypt the volume.

+++++

copied from below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-the-difference-between-disabling-BitLocker-Drive-Encryption-and-decrypting-the-volume

good luck.

PSM
04-10-2011, 23:17
If all of the above fails, click "Start" then "Accessories" then "System Tools" then "System Restore" and select a highlighted date prior to your install. Let it reboot and try it. It should forget that anything bad happened. ;)

Pat

perdurabo
04-11-2011, 13:34
I "somehow" installed Microsoft Bit Locker(Drive Encryption) and now I can't install anything because it keeps telling it's enabled.....:(

Big Teddy :munchin

Obvious question, but did you reboot? If you enable BitLocker on your boot drive, often you need to restart your computer in order for some programs to install & run correctly.

greenberetTFS
04-21-2011, 12:37
Thank all of you for your assistance was sincerely appreciated...........:D

Big Teddy